• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

I'm surprised you were able to stop. My all time favourite show now.

It's 2a and I told myself to stop waking up late as fuck. Gonna have to find time to squeeze it in soon, I don't want to wait too much longer. I loved Woody Harrelson's reactions when Matthew Mcconaughey was saying jaded shit in the car in the first episode. So funny. Also that chicks rack was so nice. This show has great writing.

zroid

Banned
Haha Tuukka's post-game scrum:

Reporter: "You're being harder on yourself than usual."
Tuukka: "If you suck, you suck, what can I say?"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's 2a and I told myself to stop waking up late as fuck. Gonna have to find time to squeeze it in soon, I don't want to wait too much longer. I loved Woody Harrelson's reactions when Matthew Mcconaughey was saying jaded shit in the car in the first episode. So funny. Also that chicks rack was so nice. This show has great writing.
It just gets better and better, everything about it is top notch. More of a character piece than a cop show though, which is why I dug it so much. I typically hate detective / cop kind of stuff.

It just gets better and better, everything about it is top notch. More of a character piece than a cop show though, which is why I dug it so much. I typically hate detective / cop kind of stuff.
I'm stoked to hear it gets even better - I often heard people saying it picks up after episode four but I'm already hooked. I thought both episodes were great, I can't wait to see where this show goes

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm stoked to hear it gets even better - I often heard people saying it picks up after episode four but I'm already hooked. I thought both episodes were great, I can't wait to see where this show goes
Seeing as you enjoyed the first two episodes, you should enjoy where it goes. Some people had issues with how slow of a burn it is, but it's the nature of the show. Lots of intense moments coming your way, I wish I could have marathoned it instead of having to wait each week for new episodes.

KINGS!!!

Good god, what a comeback. I know it was the choketastic sharks but it's always fun watching them lose, especially to the Kings.

I've been traveling so damn much lately it was hard to watch all of the games. Finally came back home and watched a recording of Game 7 today. So hype. Fuck the sharks!

Please be Sunday now thanks

uRFVOEr.jpg

Man, I am so fucking excited for this! I technically grew up closer to the Pond than downtown LA but I've always been an LA kid. Dodgers over Angels, Kings over Ducks. My parents like the Angels and Ducks more, though. Going to be a house divided. I wish I was back in SoCal for the freeway series myself!

Acid08

Banned
KINGS!!!

Good god, what a comeback. I know it was the choketastic sharks but it's always fun watching them lose, especially to the Kings.

I've been traveling so damn much lately it was hard to watch all of the games. Finally came back home and watched a recording of Game 7 today. So hype. Fuck the sharks!

Man, I am so fucking excited for this! I technically grew up closer to the Pond than downtown LA but I've always been an LA kid. Dodgers over Angels, Kings over Ducks. My parents like the Angels and Ducks more, though. Going to be a house divided. I wish I was back in SoCal for the freeway series myself!

Here's to Jarret Stoll getting a taste of his own bullshit this series!

I was confident until I started reading predictions around the web. Everyone picking kings. Hopefully the SJ series took more out of them than people think!

My heart still says Ducks in 6 though. My thorough prediction: Ducks win games 1,2, 4, and 6.

Those same pundits probably picked the Avs and the Sharks too.

DUCKS IN 5

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Those same pundits probably picked the Avs and the Sharks too.

DUCKS IN 5

CADUCKLES FLY TOGETHER

I'm still sad the BJ's lost in the East. They were my Eastern team these playoffs and... dat fanbase. whoa. Would've given quite a bit to attend a game, the atmosphere seemed amazing from the broadcasts. And team is all heart.

Now.... That just leaves the Habs in the East for which I can muster any kind of support.

I like Daniel Briere, so Habs get my support to oust the Bruins.

plus I love seeing Boston fans getting salty over PK, it's like Bostonians decided that he is the villain LOL and PK gets the winning goal (assisted by my boy Briere)

Calamari41

41 > 38
The n word was trending in Boston at some point last night....sigh...

I totally get it though, because like, he's black you see. And thus it means that he, uh, it means that he isn't good at hockey. Yes he scored and dominated all night but, you know, he's black so that makes it ok to lose to him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I thought this was pretty amusing:
When asked about Henrik Lundqvist earlier today, Evgeni Malkin said that Lundqvist is his favorite goalie, “I like him a lot…he can stop every shot but if we screen him and go to the net…and get rebounds, it’s a good chance to score.”

Malkin clarified that Lundqvist is his favorite goalie to watch and when asked if he was his favorite goalie to shoot on said, “no…no.”

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
as a Flyers guy, I will never ever understand bipolar Habs fans who complain about Price.

I trade them both Emery+Mason for your Price

It's always "what have you done for me lately" with this fan base. I'm guilty of it too
Desharnais
, but Price has just shown way too much for me to be skeptical of him.

Curufinwe

Some Ranger fans on twitter didn't like Simmonds hat trick apparently. But there are a lot of racists all over America, so it's dumb to attack the team for it.

as a Flyers guy, I will never ever understand bipolar Habs fans who complain about Price.

That's easy to say now, but he had a rough season last year and gets paid a lot of money. It's not bipolar for Montreal fans to have been disappointed in him last year (.905 in regular season, .894 in playoffs) and be happy with him this year (.927, .916).

Giggzy

Is it mandatory to stay in a hotel the night before the game? Or can the Ducks/Kings players stay at their houses throughout the series?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Is it mandatory to stay in a hotel the night before the game? Or can the Ducks/Kings players stay at their houses throughout the series?

I don't know if it is mandatory or not but in all honesty, I would still stay in a hotel for the weeknight away games in this series.

We've been making "lol expect Kopitar/Getzlaf to miss the first two periods due to traffic on the 5" jokes, but they are only barely jokes.

Not mandatory. Coaches can decide this. Sometimes when a team wants to simulate being on the road they'll stay at a hotel even if it's a quick drive. That way you can be sure everyone is together and ready. Of course you may also want to simulate being at home if you're on a roll. Then get stuck on the 5

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it's the same lineup as Game 7 tonight, so CARCILLO EFFECT in full force tonight, it seems.

Chris Kreider is with the team but not skating with the main group, likely skating with the extras afterwards. Par for the course there.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Not mandatory. Coaches can decide this. Sometimes when a team wants to simulate being on the road they'll stay at a hotel even if it's a quick drive. That way you can be sure everyone is together and ready. Of course you may also want to simulate being at home if you're on a roll. Then get stuck on the 5

"And we welcome you to Game Five of this best of seven series, with the Ducks and Kings tied at two games a piece. The teams share three total forfeits thus far, and the Kings have yet to appear in the locker room with ten minutes to go until faceoff."

"And we welcome you to Game Five of this best of seven series, with the Ducks and Kings tied at two games a piece. The teams share three total forfeits thus far, and the Kingss have yet to appear in the locker room with ten minutes to go until faceoff."

They'll follow the players stuck on the freeway on the news. Just kidding no one covers hockey in SoCal

Top Bottom