• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Cat Party

Ducks were pretty fortunate at those two late whistles. Well, maybe not fortunate that their best player took a puck to the face, but the Stars were really pushing and the whistles cost them some chances.

Ducks win!!! Hope Getzy is ok...

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

kingslunk

Dallas had no right to get back into that game. refs helped them out big time

What about the goal that shouldn't have been a fucking goal because Kari's mask got knocked off? Or when Garbutt got cross checked on the face?

Get out of here bandwagoner

Rule #1 about bitching about refs. Only bitch when you lose

Oh man - Close game.

Great comeback from the Stars.

People under estimate the Stars constantly and tonight proved that the Ducks bleed and they can make this a good series.

Should be a fun one. GG Ducks. Hope Getz is okay after that nasty puck to the face. YIKES

Heretic

What about the goal that shouldn't have been a fucking goal because Kari's mask got knocked off? Or when Garbutt got cross checked on the face?

Whistle only blows if there's no immediate play at goal. There was. Good goal.

Acid08

Banned
Oh man - Close game.

People under estimate the Stars constantly and tonight proved that the Ducks bleed and they can make this a good series.

Should be a fun one. GG Ducks. Hope Getz is okay after that nasty puck to the face. YIKES
I'll eat crow and say that it took gutz to come back like that....but they also proved tonight that some of their players don't belong. Bad giveaways were happening all night, bad penalties, and a bunch of sloppy zone entrances. Lehtonen needs to be way better for this series to remain competitive too, he was fighting it all night.

Cat Party

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26285

Wrong. It's no goal. Game should be tied 3-3 going into overtime

Ummm

When a goalkeeper has lost his helmet and/or face mask and his team has possession of the puck, the play shall be stopped immediately to allow the goalkeeper the opportunity to regain his helmet and/or face mask. When the opposing team has possession of the puck, play shall only be stopped if there is no immediate and impending scoring opportunity.

MacAttack

I'm comfortable underestimating the Stars for the rest of this series.

I'll eat crow and say that it took gutz to come back like that....but they also proved tonight that some of their players don't belong. Bad giveaways were happening all night, bad penalties, and a bunch of sloppy zone entrances. Lehtonen needs to be way better for this series to remain competitive too, he was fighting it all night.

Completely agree. It is a team still in rebuild and I hope they overcome some of those issues by the next game. Lehts needs to be waay better and Garbutt and crew can't take stupid penalties.

But their perseverance is strong and they can push the best teams to their limits. I'm hoping we can make this a great series :)

Oh man - Close game.

Honestly I don't think I'm under estimating them, I expect them to be a good team in a year or two when pieces come together like I said earlier. I think people are seeing their potential in a few years as attainable right here and now and that's just not how it works with a rebuild. Take it from a fellow fan of a rebuilding team.

you dont know me.

ducks were dominating this game until the refs made those atrocious calls

Calls went both ways. There were calls that Anaheim didn't get called on ... But that is the NHL and that happens every game.

Honestly I don't think I'm under estimating them, I expect them to be a good team in a year or two when pieces come together like I said earlier. I think people are seeing their potential in a few years as attainable right here and now and that's just not how it works with a rebuild. Take it from a fellow fan of a rebuilding team.

I think my comment regarding underestimating stems from people thinking it will be an easy 4-0 for Anaheim. I really doubt it will. We will push them pretty hard and it won't be a series they can breeze over. Wanted to clarify that.

iLLmAtlc

Anyone else in the cbc pool for the Kia? How'd you do? I got 10 but 4 came from price as star goalie.

Letang 0 and not even on 1st pp, that might turn into a bad pick.

Either him or bryzgalov >_>

Giggzy

This is salt my friends.

Ducks win!!!! Hope you're alright getzy

Haven't seen you post in nhl gaf all year. Playoffs roll around and here you are at the end of the game making some shit comments

so just because someone doesnt post in this thread on a regular basis you automatically assume they're bandwagon fans?

newsflash: the majority of nhl fans dont post here.

again, you dont know me

Acid08

Banned
Completely agree. It is a team still in rebuild and I hope they overcome some of those issues by the next game. Lehts needs to be waay better and Garbutt and crew can't take stupid penalties.

But their perseverance is strong and they can push the best teams to their limits. I'm hoping we can make this a great series :)
It was a super entertaining game and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series :)

kingslunk

you are correct sir, this is the gaf nhl thread, and the ducks, if not from some terrible officiating, were gonna handle the stars with ease

Let's see how often you post here once the Ducks get knocked out either this round or next.

Fairweather band wagoner scum.

Rooting for the sharks and avs tomorrow.

Damn. New guy came in swinging. I like it.

referring to me.

honestly i would not have responded to his post if i wasnt accused of being a bandwagon fan

a man's gotta defend himself right?

kingslunk, your right, once the season is over for the ducks (when they win the cup), then i wont be posting here as often.

and BTW, i'm blessed to be living in SoCal. Its the only place i wanna live in

Giggzy

Personally, I think the only reason that was a close game was because the ducks stopped playing.

Benn and twinkle toes seguin were quiet until we went 4-0 up and decided to cash in

Top Bottom