• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I cant wait to be back in a timezone where I can actually watch hockey.

GOGOGO IMMIGRATION OFFICERS BE NICE TO ME IN LIKE 15H

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah, walks are the worst.

Onto tomorrow and beyond.

Dstrdl, Heretic, Giggzy, Calamari

We're surprisingly not salty at all.
iJCEyYI.gif

I'm salty as shit, I'm just holding it in and pushing it down.

I still think we can take this series so long as Quick stops popping senzu beans in between periods.

Calamari41

41 > 38
LOL Perry filling Carters glove with water

851637064.gif

GOOD GUY PERRY
WHAT A GOOD GUY

I was just catching up on the pages I missed while at the game.

Welp. This does it. I will be sporting a Perry jersey next season, officially retiring my Selanne jersey with autographs from the entire 1997 Ducks lineup.

He is my hero and I am not even joking right now.

It's not even that the Ducks losing disturbs me all that much. It's that if they lose I have to suffer through more Kings hockey this season and fuck that. Get your shit together birds.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's not even that the Ducks losing disturbs me all that much. It's that if they lose I have to suffer through more Kings hockey this season and fuck that. Get your shit together birds.

At least you don't have to actually live in the Los Angeles area and deal with their fans in person, too. The only positive for us is that we only have to deal with them one month out of the year.

Just finished Hitman: Absolution. What a fantastic game. I got Titanfall on order, so that'll be my next 360 slogfest (for two weeks until I get sick of it like everyone else has).

Still playing Elder Scrolls Online, and it's fantastic, but some of the bugs really kill your momentum with it.

No offense to Ducks GAF, but if we get past Minny, I'd rather face the queens again.

No semblence of an insult in there at all. Not wanting to face us is a compliment.

Please?

Sorry Ducks fans (all 3 of you), there was no way Martinez wasn't going to get the game winner on Cinco de Mayo. It was foretold.

So he was drunk the whole time. Now I get it!

That almost makes me not mad.

I was just catching up on the pages I missed while at the game.

Welp. This does it. I will be sporting a Perry jersey next season, officially retiring my Selanne jersey with autographs from the entire 1997 Ducks lineup.

He is my hero and I am not even joking right now.

See, this is what we need. More Perry support. Because god knows we won't get it from the rest of the league and he's A REALLY GOOD PLAYER. So let's do it. Let's ALL get Perry jerseys. I have NONE yet. I have (Scott) Neidermayer, Getzlaf, Selanne, Hiller (shirt) and Kariya (shirt) but ZERO Perry. My next one will be a Perry!

Perry will always make me laugh and smile.

... Until he does something to injure someone. Which I can't even recall if he has or not. Sure he probably has, I just can't remember it.

We deserve the Quick from the Sharks series with the 7.5 GAA in the first two three games. That's the one people want to see.

We need NET CRASHERS TO BLOCK QUICK. Because right now Bruce is doing the whole "shoot from the blue line" thing and it's the EXACT same problem the Caps had when they were facing Halak in 2010. STOP DOING THAT.

I'm salty as shit, I'm just holding it in and pushing it down.

I still think we can take this series so long as Quick stops popping senzu beans in between periods.

It's OK, I think I was salty enough before for all of us.

5 points for a DBZ reference that isn't cringeworthy.

Yeah, walks are the worst.

Onto tomorrow and beyond.

Dstrdl, Heretic, Giggzy, Calamari

We're surprisingly not salty at all.
iJCEyYI.gif

Unless they're Walks of Shame. Am I right fellas? *hands up to hi-5, gets left hanging for the rest of eternity*

Ducks-age fly together <3

Solo

Alrighty, I'm off to Montreal for fortune and glory and hopefully a Habs win tonight. See my NHL GAF bros in about 30 hours.

If you see a real life enactment of my GIF on CBC tonight, it's just me wearing my rat suit and fapping vigorously.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I nnever noticed the Avs player also getting hit in the head with a stick during the Wild celebrating advancing, poor guy lol.

191c7420-d23d-11e3-9dd5-df0e53e819df_poorryan.gif

Giggzy

I'm not salty because I've already accepted defeat. It's already a challenge to get by the kings wall of defense. Throw an in form quick behind them and it's nearly impossible.

How are our draft picks this year? Is Ottawa's #1 this year or next?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm feeling pretty good about tonight, I'm expecting the Habs to play their best game so far and Prust being out is a huge plus. Just gotta worry about how much Murray plays.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm feeling pretty good about tonight, I'm expecting the Habs to play their best game so far and Prust being out is a huge plus. Just gotta worry about how much Murray plays.

Ugh I completely forgot he was playing. Maybe when the pucks hit him they'll drop to the ice instead of deflecting past Price though.

Red_Man

Ugh I completely forgot he was playing. Maybe when the pucks hit him they'll drop to the ice instead of deflecting past Price though.
Lineups could still change as Therrien said he's not confirming anything until today, but I don't see him having him play in practice to not play him.

I'm not salty because I've already accepted defeat. It's already a challenge to get by the kings wall of defense. Throw an in form quick behind them and it's nearly impossible.

How are our draft picks this year? Is Ottawa's #1 this year or next?

I've already started to accept defeat after tonight and have already had a good look at the positives that happened this year. Even gone as far as to see when the Kings will start to fail more than we potentially will.

We have Ottawas this year - and it's come in at #10. I've already evaluated what our potential picks may be based off the central scouting reports.

Interested?

Giggzy

I've already started to accept defeat after tonight and have already had a good look at the positives that happened this year. Even gone as far as to see when the Kings will start to fail more than we potentially will.

We have Ottawas this year - and it's come in at #10. I've already evaluated what our potential picks may be based off the central scouting reports.

Interested?

We love our defenseman. Is that what we're going for again? Hopefully we can get a future 2C to replace koivu as I assume he is done after this year

Red_Man

More Sports. More Choice. TSN Announces Major Expansion to a Total of Five National Feeds

&#8211; Branded TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5, three new TSN feeds to be available this fall &#8211;

&#8211; TSN&#8217;s suite of channels to feature expanded coverage of TSN&#8217;s deep and diverse lineup of the biggest events in sports &#8211;

&#8211; TSN to schedule SPORTSCENTRE to serve multiple time zones &#8211;

&#8211; Programming to feature more live events and more choice, new acquisitions and partnerships &#8211;

- More live game coverage &#8211; spanning leagues including NBA, MLS, NCAA and more

- More choice of games and events taking place at the same time &#8211; including multiple curling sheets from Season of Champions events, multiple matches from Barclays Premier League, every game from NCAA March Madness, multiple court feeds from Gland Slam tennis events, and more

- Expanded coverage of marquee live events &#8211; including the World Juniors, Grey Cup, and FIFA Women&#8217;s World Cup Canada 2015

-NHL hockey &#8211; including 26 Toronto Maple Leafs games, 52 Ottawa Senators games, as well as pre-season games (available on a regional basis), plus local hockey programming generated by production expansion at TSN Radio stations in Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Winnipeg and Edmonton

Sounds like good news for those of us that subscribe to Hockeystreams seeing as they stream everything TSN airs.

We love our defenseman. Is that what we're going for again? Hopefully we can get a future 2C to replace koivu as I assume he is done after this year

Yep, Koivu is definitely done after this season.

Out of the first 20 there are a lottt of wingers. If we literally followed it to the 10th, which knowing Bob Murray we won't, then we'd land Jakub Vrana; a Czech 183cm winger who's been killing it in the Czech league. or Jared Mccann

Jared McCann is a speedy center who plays for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in the OHL. While he hasn't produced as many points as most top prospects he has the ability to be a solid offensive contributor due to his high hockey IQ, speed and passing, while also playing a responsible defensive game. Furthermore, he has shown the desire to battle for his team and go to the dirty areas to get things done.

PERFECT 2C/3C.

I personally feel we might land, and the name itself is kind of ironic... Nick Schmaltz who is an exceptional American centre.

Nick has elite skill. His skating is excellent and it appears as if he's gliding past opponents. Exceptional agility and he's capable of beating opponents quickly in tight areas. Excellent puck skills and he can make plays that create outstanding offensive opportunities. Good shot and combined with his playmaking, keeps defenders off balance. Very smart and poised and can hold puck to allow plays to develop. Top line type.

But the one guy that TSN has ranked at #9 and who I personally want as a prospect... Even though he's a winger is Kasperi Kapanen.

TRKHFwq.jpg

Kasperi Kapanen, son of former NHLer Sami Kapanen, is an offensively gifted sniper who is currently ranked the best European prospect by Central Scouting. Kapanen boasts a quick and accurate shot, is a versatile skater, and possesses not only the awareness to identify scoring chances, but the puck-handling skills to exploit them as well. He has also demonstrated a highly competitive attitude that has been praised by many of his peers.
Source

Let's be honest, the Finns are killing it this generation and Kaperi seems to be no different.

calder

More Sports. More Choice. TSN Announces Major Expansion to a Total of Five National Feeds

Sounds like good news for those of us that subscribe to Hockeystreams seeing as they stream everything TSN airs.

Thank god, now TSN won't struggle to air an NHL playoff game just because nascar/midget playoffs are on.

Hahaha. They lose their biggest product by far, and then more than double their national reach. They are so fucked next year, and after their embarrassing performance these playoffs I can't say I feel bad for them. I guess they can air a live Raptors game on TSN1, then time shift the game on the other 4 channels? ;P

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god, now TSN won't struggle to air an NHL playoff game just because nascar/midget playoffs are on.

Hahaha. They lose their biggest product by far, and then more than double their national reach. They are so fucked next year, and after their embarrassing performance these playoffs I can't say I feel bad for them. I guess they can air a live Raptors game on TSN1, then time shift the game on the other 4 channels? ;P

Yeah I'm not sure why the need three more channels considering they just lost the NHL. I guess now they can show 5 curling matches at a time
and I"ll watch.

calder

Not sure why they're bothering showing so many games of a non playoff team.

*TSN producer reading thread bursts into tears*

"BUT IT'S ALL WE HAVE!" *sob*

But seriously you guys are lucky they did those rights before they realized they could simply make you pay $10 a month for your team specific specialty channel.

ShaneB

Yeah I'm not sure why the need three more channels considering they just lost the NHL. I guess now they can show 5 curling matches at a time
and I"ll watch.

Sportsnet certainly does not struggle to fill its multiple networks with content, so I'm interested to see what TSN does moving forward especially without a big hockey package in the fall/winter. Big news in any case. I've been spoiled with my condo providing me a full HD tv package.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Kreider has been taking slap shots and seems to be closer than expected to returning.

If ever there was a time to get an actual quality playoff performer back, now would be a good one.

Top Bottom