• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Calamari41

41 > 38
Who gets to be Sunderland, then?

Meanwhile, no supplemental discipline for Staal's crosscheck on Crosby. To which I say, "no shit."

Do you mean that's how much a pass is for two people to go during or before the game, or that's how much the whole night would have ended up costing?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
jb1nqIgXx87FBc.png

Well done, sir.

Have any of my Ducks-GAF brethren been to the new Grand Terrace after a game? My wife and I went there last night to wait for traffic to die down, and it was legit as fuck. Obviously it wasn't too crowded and people weren't for too excited, but the food was amazing, especially the desserts.

I'm not sure if they're open after every game, but if they are, check that shit out. Good place to wait for traffic to die down and watch any other games that are going on at the time. It's pricey, but not too much worse than the concessions in the arena proper and the food is a couple notches above.

And as an added bonus, they were turning people in Kings gear away at the door. As if they could afford it anyway.

I've wanted to go but always come with just enough time to get to my seat before the game. Afterwards I'll forget.

Heretic

Do you mean that's how much a pass is for two people to go during or before the game, or that's how much the whole night would have ended up costing?

That's for the whole season. It's not too bad but coupled with the season tickets + season parking, it gets up there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This trend of having big name people hired on as presidents won't convince me until a team under one of them proves successful, it just seems like a case of more cooks in the kitchen and will just make things more complicated.

This trend of having big name people hired on as presidents won't convince me until a team under one of them proves successful, it just seems like a case of more cooks in the kitchen and will just make things more complicated.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN

MICHAEL JORDAN IS THE GREATEST NBA OWNER OF ALL TIIIIIIIIIME

Cake Boss

Banned

Most of them just seem like PR moves anyways.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's for the whole season. It's not too bad but coupled with the season tickets + season parking, it gets up there.

Ah ok, yeah that makes a lot more sense. Its not too bad when you divide it by the number home games, but in addition to everything else its probably better just to go every so often after a game instead.

Really though, you'd think they'd give season ticket holders a better deal than that. It's not like everything is free once you get through the doors.

It hurts me seeing Ducks GAF all but admitting defeat, you're the last hope for #Cup4Koivu :(

not this duckling

i still feel that if the ducks can rediscover the offensive firepower that they've displayed this season and show some poise on d they can take it to seven games and win it

one game at a time though

Clydefrog

Have any of my Ducks-GAF brethren been to the new Grand Terrace after a game? My wife and I went there last night to wait for traffic to die down, and it was legit as fuck. Obviously it wasn't too crowded and people weren't for too excited, but the food was amazing, especially the desserts.

I'm not sure if they're open after every game, but if they are, check that shit out. Good place to wait for traffic to die down and watch any other games that are going on at the time. It's pricey, but not too much worse than the concessions in the arena proper and the food is a couple notches above.

And as an added bonus, they were turning people in Kings gear away at the door. As if they could afford it anyway.

Fancy schmancy. I hit up Noble Ale Works before the game. Free parking. Great beer. and there was a pizza food truck set up right outside.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Fancy schmancy. I hit up Noble Ale Works before the game. Free parking. Great beer. and there was a pizza food truck set up right outside.

I've actually never been over on that side of the freeway for food and parking before, I'll have to try that out next time. I think most people park and eat at the center a block to the east of the stadium

Giggzy

It hurts me seeing Ducks GAF all but admitting defeat, you're the last hope for #Cup4Koivu :(

What Acid said, koivu needs to start playing like it. He's been practically invisible when he's not taking a face-off.

We've been the better team in both games, there's no doubt about that. It should be be a 1-1 series if Allen didn't fall asleep, or even 2-0 on the balance of play. Unfortunately that all means jack shit if you don't get the W at the end of the game. We're now in the position of needing 4 wins out of 5 against the best goalie and defense in the league. Possible? Yes. Probable? I don't think so.

Needs to start with game 3 though. Slow down their momentum and gain more confidence for ourselves.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bob McKenzie just said that prior to their cup run, the Kings management thought that Bernier would end up taking the #1 spot over Quick. Pretty interesting.

Montresor

Bob McKenzie just said that prior to their cup run, the Kings management thought that Bernier would end up taking the #1 spot over Quick. Pretty interesting.

Nice to hear.

I hope Montreal does well tonight. I love seeing a home crowd get crazy. I might change my tune if there is a chorus of boos after every clean Bruins bodycheck.

Alright, this is a bit much now. No one cares about the cups you won when there were less than ten teams in the league or your stupid torch shit.

Start the game.

Top Bottom