• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Giggzy

Pavelski-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Hertl-Sheppard-Wingels
Torres-Desjardins-Havlat

Vlasic-Demers
Stuart-Braun
Hannan-Boyle

Niemi

Starting lineup tonight. Pavs still on the first line why.jpeg

Shorks have such a good team. Please beat the queen tonight.

Why no hertl on the first line? Is this common?

Sanjuro

I've got to give props to NBC's Outdoor Life Network. I was at the pub the other night and the coverage between all the games was outstanding. Still not the biggest supporter, but really enjoyed how quickly they rotated between games that were on simultaneously.

Sanjuro

I'm in finance and accounting, I donts got to read shit!

I'm in that same boat, although just shifted towards operations management more.

Last year I had school wrapping up, some massive personal problems going down, and a miserable second shift job messing with my Stanley Cup viewing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
bergygmfmc.gif

Taken from here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=575601579203800

Amazing.

Acid08

Banned
Shorks have such a good team. Please beat the queen tonight.

Why no hertl on the first line? Is this common?
He's fresh off his injury still, so they're going to shelter him a bit. I think if that third line gets killed by Stool's line he'll go back and Pavs will move down. Plus Pavs scored so many goals on the first line the coaches probably want to see if he can keep going. And at home TMac can control the matchups more so he should be able to put all the lines in favorable situations. On the road Pavs is going to be needed on the third to win faceoffs, something Shep is shit at.

Merguson

Banned
Darryl Sutter with an interesting quote: "The team that wins four games is going to win the series."

Boring Darryl Sutter twitter account incoming? Don't even have to make stuff up. Just collect all his quotes.

cmon when's ground zeroes gonna go on sale.

lemme pay 20 for this demo damnit

always cool to see hockey fans from abroad.

chances are they're probably canadian and moved there but whatever. >_>

I was on the fence about buying it, I figure it'll go at sale before Phantom Pain comes out, would be kind of cool to play them back-to-back.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
bldb5-eigaaqwg6ruoai.jpg

Shirts are good to go at the Garden. Doors open in 30 minutes. I'll probably head over there in a few to check out the Hockey House.

Giggzy

Good luck to all teams tonight (besides the queens). Hopefully GAF's crash won't last too long once NPD#'s are released.

iLLmAtlc

TMac mentioned corsi today. Huh.

there's been a ton of corsi/fenwick references in the playoffs coverage this year, wonder if it's finally mainstream.

i kinda question if the stats going mainstream would do a dent to their efficacy tho. when players start realizing that coaches are tracking the corsi/fenwick they might be inclinded to just start launching them from sharp angles and shit.

Samyy

Should we expect the worst?

Considering this is Titanfall month I think so, people want to see if predictions played out and Xbox sold more then Playstation as a result. If it doesn't then I think gaf servers will melt with all the Kaz gifs posted.

zroid

Banned
clyde pls

i kinda question if the stats going mainstream would do a dent to their efficacy tho. when players start realizing that coaches are tracking the corsi/fenwick they might be inclinded to just start launching them from sharp angles and shit.

Well it's a relative stat so if both sides do it, nothing would change

Ricker

Battle for California should make for some good games...too bad we wont see most of it on the East Coast lol...freakin weekday games start at 10:30 PM...Damnit.

Curufinwe

Hoping for an unlikely win with Emery and his zombie hip in net, but also for a good clean game with nothing dumb from Rinaldo. Really despising the other team and looking for revenge is so exhausting. And winning a first round series is only so good if you finish it with suspensions and injuries from shit getting out of hand.

TrueGrime

Hoping for an unlikely win with Emery and his zombie hip in net, but also for a good clean game with nothing dumb from Rinaldo. Really despising the other team and looking for revenge is so exhausting. And winning a first round series is only so good if you finish it with suspensions and injuries from shit getting out of hand.

Ay29K.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I picked the Sharks to win it all but I would be okay with the Kings knocking them out just so we could post the dead shark pic of old.

Top Bottom