• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Clydefrog

picture.php

*shudders*

who DVRs hockey games?

Giggzy

Andersen has been confirmed to be the starter tonight.

How about Dallas? Tempted to start Tim Thomas? Come on... he's a Cup winner. Probably tired of pumping tires

Good to hear. Figured that would be the case. Beleskey is out tonight though, DSP in his place.

Getzlaf and his wife had their baby girl last night at 1AM. He's going to be tired as fuck tonight. Rest of the team will need to step up.

Curufinwe

He had they're best fucking players... He better have some goddamn assists. He wasn't paid 6.6mil a year to barely hit 50 points per season. END OF STORY. No Avs fan has been ecstatic on paying that much for the performance he put up. Leeching off of their top players whom always had to play with him helped his assist numbers. Are you seriously trying to conflate Joe Thornton with Stastny? Are you fucking drunk right now? Please stop talking about something you clearly know nothing about. God damn.

I know he has averaged 54.6 points over the five years of his current contract. $6.6 million is not really much of an overpayment. Not compared to Rick Nash getting paid $7.8 million to average 51.5 on his current deal, or 54.6 over the same timeframe as Stastny's deal.

Your level of anger over a Colorado player is fucking embarrassing dude, as was your attempt to use only his goal stats to measure his worth. Don't pick fights you can't win.

I know he has averaged 54.6 points over the five years of his current contract. $6.6 million is not really much of an overpayment. Not compared to Rick Nash getting paid $7.8 million to average 51.5.

Your level of anger over a Colorado player is fucking embarrassing dude, as was your attempt to use only his goal stats to measure his worth. Don't pick fights you can't win.
Yes, clearly that was my attempt... And I'm pretty sure everyone agreed Rick Nash is overpaid. He also put a up a lot more goals too. You're more than welcome to cheer for him to come to the flyers for 6.6mil if it's such a bargain. Ask any of the Avs fans here if they feel he's been the huge value you say he is. I'm not sure how what team he plays for makes it embarrassing but if that makes you feel better. He's not worth 6.6mil, no way, no how.

Edit: I'm still beside myself that you're seriously trying to compare stastny to Joe throton and rick Nash. I just can't.

Sanjuro

w...what? I have a DVR :(

Get with the times, OLD MAN!

Nothing wrong with having one. With the broad amount of on-demand content both on my cable box and computer after shows air, I haven't had the need for one anymore.

If I did have one? Why not!? Record everything and anything!

iLLmAtlc

He had their best fucking players... He better have some goddamn assists. He wasn't paid 6.6mil a year to barely hit 50 points per season, most of which were assists on other people playing well. END OF STORY. No Avs fan has been ecstatic on paying that much for the performance he put up. Leeching off of their top players whom always had to play with him helped his assist numbers. Are you seriously trying to conflate Joe Thornton with Stastny? Are you fucking drunk right now? Please stop talking about something you clearly know nothing about. God damn.

holy dude so rattled after one game. wild fan??

it's definitely not that bad of a contract. 6.6 for 1 79 pt season, 2 60 pt seasons, 1 50 season and one pro rated 50 pt season. not the best, but no where close to the worst either.

It was most expensive to them early on (relative to cap) and he had his best season then.

as a side note the new yahoo layout continues to be a disgrace. just noticed all of their regular season stats for this year reset and only playoff stats are showing up.

Curufinwe

Yes, clearly that was my attempt... And I'm pretty sure everyone agreed Rick Nash is overpaid. He also put a up a lot more goals too. You're more than welcome to cheer for him to come to the flyers for 6.6mil if it's such a bargain. Ask any of the Avs fans here if they feel he's been the huge value you say he is. I'm not sure how what team he plays for makes it embarrassing but if that makes you feel better. He's not worth 6.6mil, no way, no how.

Edit: I'm still beside myself that you're seriously trying to compare stastny to Joe throton and rick Nash. I just can't.

I didn't say it was a bargain. I said it was not really much of an overpayment. I agree it was an overpayment, just not a a very big one.

If the Flyers didn't have BSchenn and Vinny and $4.94 million in dead cap every season thanks to Pronger I'd be happy to have Stastny as the offensive 2C behind Giroux making $6.6 million.

If you're actually beside yourself because I compared two players who have scored the exact same number of points over the past five years you probably need to see a mental health professional.

It's never been Stastny's style that bugs me really, I give him a lot of shit for being so obvious that he's going to pass in virtually any chance we get with him on the ice and I do think he can and has improved some regarding that. What bugged me the most about Stastny and his contract up until this year was his effort. If he didn't think there was a chance in hell he would disappear quite frequently and not because he's incapable of being better but because he was lazy as hell for a good long stretch. His contract looks better when you look at his stats, but watching him for as long as I have I do not see his value justifying that contract. This year excluded. I'm not saying he was HUGELY overpaid, I'm saying that he was overpaid some and both that and the contract length made it a lot easier for him to sit back when we needed better effort out of everyone. Nice guy that gets lazy when the chips are down. Weirdly enough last night he was the opposite of that last statement.

I didn't say it was a bargain. I said it was not really much of an overpayment. I agree it was an overpayment, just not a a very big one.

If the Flyers didn't have BSchenn and Vinny and $4.94 million in dead cap every season thanks to Pronger I'd be happy to have Stastny as the offensive 2C behind Giroux making $6.6 million.

If you're actually beside yourself because I compared two players who have scored the exact same number of points over the past five years you probably need to see a mental health professional.

:lol I love how you backing up your points is just hurling more insults. There's a reason no one except you compares stastny to Thornton or Nash when they talk about him. I'll just leave it at that.
It's never been Stastny's style that bugs me really, I give him a lot of shit for being so obvious that he's going to pass in virtually any chance we get with him on the ice and I do think he can and has improved some regarding that. What bugged me the most about Stastny and his contract up until this year was his effort. If he didn't think there was a chance in hell he would disappear quite frequently and not because he's incapable of being better but because he was lazy as hell for a good long stretch. His contract looks better when you look at his stats, but watching him for as long as I have I do not see his value justifying that contract. This year excluded. I'm not saying he was HUGELY overpaid, I'm saying that he was overpaid some and both that and the contract length made it a lot easier for him to sit back when we needed better effort out of everyone. Nice guy that gets lazy when the chips are down. Weirdly enough last night he was the opposite of that last statement.

Pretty much exactly what I've been trying to say. We maybe disagree with the severity of the overpayment but watching him play the last couple of years does make make you feel he's worth his contract in any way. Everyone one the Avs has been capable of a lot more than they have the last couple of years. Even Duchene and others looked meh last year, but not to the extent of stastny.

Curufinwe

:lol I love how you backing up your points is just hurling more insults. There's a reason no one except you compares stastny to Thornton or Nash when they talk about him. I'll just leave it at that.

You say I'm drunk then complain about insults? What a pathetic hypocrite.

I never actually compared Statsny to Thornton. You were using Stastny's goal numbers and ignoring his assists to claim he wasn't worth $6.6m. I pointed out that by your logic of using only goal numbers to determine worth that Joe Thornton would be even more overpaid than Stastny because he is both paid more and scores less goals. The same point stands if you use Mikko Koivu instead of Thornton.

If you can't even manage a high school level of argument analysis then fuck off back to some shitty Pens board where your lack of acumen won't be so cruelly exposed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I believe Claude Giroux now has zero shots in the last 3 games against the Rangers.

Unfortunately it sounds like Mason is pressing to try to be back for Game 2.

You say I'm drunk then complain about insults? What a pathetic hypocrite.

I never actually compared Statsny to Thornton. You were using Stastny's goal numbers and ignoring his assists to claim he wasn't worth $6.6m. I pointed out that by your logic of using only goal numbers to determine worth that Joe Thornton would be even more overpaid than Stastny because he is both paid more and scores less goals.

If you can't even manage a high school level of argument analysis then fuck off back to some shitty Pens board where your lack of acumen won't be so cruelly exposed.

:lol. What are you even talking about? What high level analysis have you proposed exactly? You compared him to two players and then made like 4 posts that had no content, it was just hurling insults. And instead you put words in my mouth about only goals matter and a whole bunch of other shit. Please quote this expert level analysis you provided. You again had nothing but a vapid post hurling as many insults as you could muster.
Gat damn son so much Avs salt that I have nothing at all to do with for once. This place gets weird.
:lol My hate for stastny has been strong for a while.

I'll get the salt going between Habs GAF and Zero.

Zero was the one behind Canadians being denied tickets in Tampa.

Something about not wanting to risk a blackface incident.. I don't really remember

Curufinwe

:lol. What are you even talking about? What high level analysis have you proposed exactly? You compared him to two players and then made like 4 posts that had no content, it was just hurling insults. And instead you put words in my mouth about only goals matter and a whole bunch of other shit.

Here you are using just his goal totals to claim he is overpaid

He was lazy and struggling to score 20g per season and after the seasons he had before his payday is crap. 18g isn't worth 6.6mil.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Zero will know the true meaning of salt once Stamkos comes to Montreal to reunite with his good friend, and Canadiens Captain, Pernell Karl Subban

steve+stamkos+pk+subban+kids+toronto+youth+minor+hockey.jpg

I was just going through my humble bundle account and realized I didn't really need any of my Steam keys from the Origin bundle. Feel free to take keys from the following games (quote to see):

Dead Space:

Burnout Paradise:

Crysis 2:

Medal of Honor:

Mirror's Edge:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising:

Side note: All of these keys are redeemable on Origin as well I'm fairly certain. 2x the giveaway!

edit: Oh wait maybe I misread. You used these on Origin already?

ShaneB

Mirror's Edge:

Took this, figured I should finally have it on my account. Thanks sir.

Also yeah, regarding Madden, it sure would be nice to have a new Football game on PC, but considering how much I am currently playing 08, and how the new Madden games suck, I'm perfectly content

Took this, figured I should finally have it on my account. Thanks sir.

Also yeah, regarding Madden, it sure would be nice to have a new Football game on PC, but considering how much I am currently playing 08, and how the new Madden games suck, I'm perfectly content
Controls feel kind of outdated with 08 when I try to play. Same with the last NHL PC game. Have you patched it with current rosters or never bothered?

Curufinwe

I asked you for your expert analysis, don't change the subject. I'll wait.

You said 18g isn't worth $6.6 million. Tell me how much Joe Thornton's 18g over the past 130 game is worth? I'll wait.

While you struggle to dig your way out of that hole here's a short list of players Stastny has the same or higher PPG average than over the five years of his contract. The one that upset you so much with its terrible overpayment. $6.6 million is a bit of an overpayment for 54.6 points a year. A bit.

Benn
Duchene
Jagr
Krecj
Selanne
Pominville
Lupul
Lecavalier
Kessler
Alfredsson
Bergeron
Whitney
Ryan
Couture
Franzen
Carter
Steen
RNH
Seguin
Moulson
Skinner

Acid08

Banned
I asked you for your expert analysis, don't change the subject. I'll wait.
Holy shiiiit shut the fuck up and actually read what he said:

He never claimed he's doing some expert analysis, just that you can't comprehend an argument a 14 year old could understand.

If there are any Wings fan in town for the game, I suggest before the game you stop by The Daily Catch at 323 Hanover St. It's pretty close to the Garden and I hear they some great fried calamari.

Top Bottom