• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ehhhhh. I think it's a valid complaint.
Once you get to about game 75 or so it feels like it's getting a bit long, but I think it's the appropriate amount needed for everything to even out throughout the league. Significantly shortening it by say 20 games or so would do more harm than good imo.

Red_Man

Bettman will be at the Tampa / Montreal game tonight.

He was at the game last year when Eller got destroyed.

RIP Eller.

Giggzy

My favorite games last generation:

Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 1
Red Dead Redemption (borrowed an xbox for this)
World of Warcraft
Rockband
The Last of Us (borrowed gf's ps3)
Uncharted series (same as above)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I'll have to miss Bolts/Habs (and Wings/Brooms), so I'll just say it now.

#GoBolts #Cup4Stamkos

Get out.

Games of the generation:

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
NSMB Wii
Super Meat Boy
Bit.Trip Runner
Red Dead Redemption - the only open world game I've ever had fun playing
I'd include Wii Sports too, just an awesome experience playing that for the first time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All Leaf fans are welcome on the Tampa bandwagon. We're of the same color!
Good ol Toronna boy Stevie Stamkos. Heard he always wanted to play for the Leafs.

If you guys don't get Bishop back, there could be trouble. A lot of people underestimating the Habs.

I'm more on the San Jose, Anaheim, St. Louis boat. Though I guess if I had to pick an Eastern team it'd be the Lightning.

Acid08

Banned
GOTG: MGS4

Bayonetta and Red Dead runners up. The PS3/360 gen was mostly crap for me. Military shooters are zzzzzzzzzzz.

Red_Man

I don't understand why the habs are 20/1 to win the cup at most outlets. Maybe I overrate them?
1. Everyone underrates the Habs and 2. I don't think many people think any Eastern team will be able to beat the Bruins.

ShaneB

Once you get to about game 75 or so it feels like it's getting a bit long, but I think it's the appropriate amount needed for everything to even out throughout the league. Significantly shortening it by say 20 games or so would do more harm than good imo.

Ehhh. Shorten the season to 48 games, as was the case last season, have the playoffs start in February, and end the season in late March. Tighten everything up and add more tension and not drag out.

But ah well, it'll never happen, so it's silly to think :)

Red_Man

Ehhh. Shorten the season to 48 games, as was the case last season, have the playoffs start in February, and end the season in late March. Tighten everything up and add more tension and not drag out.

But ah well, it'll never happen, so it's silly to think :)
But then the Leafs would make the playoffs every year, and we can't have that.

Zero will know the true meaning of salt once Stamkos comes to Montreal to reunite with his good friend, and Canadiens Captain, Pernell Karl Subban

steve+stamkos+pk+subban+kids+toronto+youth+minor+hockey.jpg

This picture is almost too good. It's like if you drew them as cartoons when they were children. But it's for real haha

Red_Man

We will look back on that gesture and historians will say this is why the Hawks won the cup.

Top Bottom