• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Holy shiiiit shut the fuck up and actually read what he said:

He never claimed he's doing some expert analysis, just that you can't comprehend an argument a 14 year old could understand.

He's clearly made fun of my analysis of his stats, this isn't complicated to understand at all. I ignored that part because I don't misunderstand him, I disagree. I'm sorry you're so perplexed by this situation.
You said 18g isn't worth $6.6 million. Tell me how much Joe Thornton's 18g over the past 130 game is worth? I'll wait.

While you struggle to dig your way out of that hole here's a short list of players Stastny has the same or higher PPG average than over the five years of his contract. The one that upset you so much with its terrible overpayment. $6.6 million is a bit of an overpayment for 54.6 points a year. A bit.

Benn
Duchene
Jagr
Krecj
Selanne
Pominville
Lupul
Lecavalier
Kessler
Alfredsson
Bergeron
Whitney
Ryan
Couture
Franzen
Carter
Steen
RNH
Seguin
Moulson
Skinner

I'm in a hole? Out of curiosity, since you keep arguing his worth so much and I think will help understand your point better, which players of those listed do you think stastny is a better value or even just better than regardless of salary? You seem to imply total points or ppg is all that matters so would you pay stastny 6.6mil instead of any of those players? If you wouldn't, why?

I just realized that he turned "high school level" into "high level", then turned that into "expert".

Holy shiiiiiit is right. I better hope he doesn't get even more upset about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acRnigpauiE
OK? Switching high level and expert is that mind blowing to you? What are you even posting about at this point? I haven't been upset, I think it's hilarious you complain about my arguments or inability to make a point but you just hurl insults with your posts. You can't much of substance to say if that's all type. This is another post that has nothing of meaning in it, just more insults. You seem more emotional than me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think we can all agree that Statsny will be over paid once Nonis signs him this off season.

Switching high school level to high level is where you went wrong. They don't mean the same thing at all.

At all.
Maybe you should my response? I guess you're going to ignore my previous post actually talking about stastny then? OK.

Edit: to your very late edit, have you never been on the internet? If you consider that mad then you must be furious judging by your posts lately. I'm done I guess, you're not even talking about anything anymore.

Sanjuro

If there are any Wings fan in town for the game, I suggest before the game you stop by The Daily Catch at 323 Hanover St. It's pretty close to the Garden and I hear they some great fried calamari.

I haven't been there in forever.

My staple is pretty much going to Halftime Pizza and get a good buzz going on their massive beers.

Fuck...I'd really like to get a playoff game in this year.

Razorskin

----- ------
I think we can all agree that Statsny will be over paid once Nonis signs him this off season.

8.5 million per year for 7 years, as much of it in signing bonuses as possible to make a buyout difficult, no movement clause as well throughout the whole thing.

Curufinwe

Maybe you should my response? I guess you're going to ignore my previous post actually talking about stastny then? OK.

Maybe you should explain why you think high school level is a high level? Are you still in high school?

As for your previous response I would take Stastny over half those guys on a team that didn't have a particular need for a winger over a center.

Benn
Duchene
Jagr
Krecj
Selanne
Pominville
Lupul
Lecavalier
Kessler
Alfredsson
Bergeron
Whitney
Ryan
Couture
Franzen
Carter - debatable but I'm not a big Carter fan
Steen
RNH
Seguin
Moulson
Skinner

Red_Man

x34Zckd.gif

Maybe you should explain why you think high school level is a high level? Are you still in high school?

As for your previous response I would take Stastny over half those guys on a team that didn't have a particular need for a winger over a center.
I've never said high school was a high level.

Heretic

That's where our depth kicks in my friend. Besides, you know our record when getzlaf is out is still amazingly good, so even at 50% (will it even affect him that much? These are the fuckin 'yoffs!) that'll still be a big boost. I think it'll be a big boost to the team too, if their captain is blocking shots with his face then the rest of the team should be inspired to lay their bodies on the line. There's also a lot to improve on after game 1 with some sloppy play.

BELIEVE!

You just got me more pumped!!!

Are the sequels worth picking up? I had a lot of fun with the original Dead Space a while back, but didn't pay any attention to the other games as they came out.

Red_Man

Anyone here play Hearthstone? I casually downloaded it for my iPad last week, and now I'm hooked.

TrueGrime

I was just explaining hockey to my GF's friend who says she wouldn't mind learning about the sport. I tell her that there's playoff games tonight and I can explain it to her while we watch and that Dallas is playing tonight.

She then says, "Really? That's cool! What time is tip off?"

I'm pretty sure Smelly does or did.

His April fools joke is really getting out of hand. :p

Saying Dead Space is one of your top games made me think of mine from the last generation:

Mass Effect 1
BioShock
Fable II
Oblivion/Skyrim
Assassins Creed II

I'm curious about everyone's taste here.

Interested to see how the Red Wings and Bruins play each other tonight, TBL/MTL will be good too.

Red_Man

I only played those 6 introduction matches against the AI, seemed pretty good. Will give it some more time later.
AI rounds are just to show you how to play, and to find a class you enjoy playing with. Once you start playing against other people it get's pretty addicting. I've had more fun with it than any other game in a long time.

Quick

Banned
I was just explaining hockey to my GF's friend who says she wouldn't mind learning about the sport. I tell her that there's playoff games tonight and I can explain it to her while we watch and that Dallas is playing tonight.

ibhO6xzSSqngAk.gif

:lol That is painful.

At least she's interested.

I had dinner yesterday and my friend was shocked they play hockey in the spring. And that San Jose has a team. And the Kings play in the same place the Lakers play. And that the Clippers also play there.

"How do they change the logos?"

"82 games is too much!"

I haven't been playing a hell of a lot lately except Trials I guess. As far as a top 10 list last console gen goes.. I don't know right now, my memory is fuzzy on a lot of those games. Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is up there.. Shadow Complex.

Top Bottom