• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Our power keeps cutting out because of the blizzard we are getting. Stressing me out since it may affect my watching of the game

Giggzy

LOL

I honestly can say I have never believed a crotch grab to be a logical or even instinctive response to any emotion or situation I have ever experienced in life.

You're seriously missing out. Try it next time you're heated at someone. It's sooooo satisfying

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Also, I came in a few seconds late....what did Pacioretty say about Dreger?
He mentioned how people say you have to constantly drive to the net, and that it looks good when you do it but it's not always the best play. It's sometimes better to hang back and find the open space instead of just rushing into traffic and tying yourself up. Not a direct jab, but Dreger was the one who went on radio and called him out earlier this year for being a "perimeter player" and saying he needed to drive the net to get out of his slump.

What a fucking joke.

He grabbed his balls towards a ref for a split second because the refs wouldn't call a blatant delay of game to put the hawks on a 5-on-3 that could have won the game.

Also, every team I picked in round 1 is down 1-0. :(

To be fair, the refs didn't call much of anything once regulation was over. The first DOG call was Sobi being nervous and making a bad judgment call. The second was more of an aftermath call against Reaver than anything else.

The tone of the night as far as reffing went was the results over principal. This went both ways on multiple occasions.

Delay of Game is one of those really borderline penalties that's rarely intentional. I'm okay if it's something that isn't doubled up on (pending an intention judgment call) regardless of who is benefiting and who isn't.

That being said, I lost my shit when Q grabbed his junk and while I'm not surprised that he was fined given that it was captured front and center on national TV, I don't really think it's a big deal other than being hilarious and you'd be hard pressed to find any sane Blues fans that think otherwise.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gionta forgot how to deke, went back to his shitty backhand move.

Cooper figured out pinching the defensemen as much as possible works really well against Montreal.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Gionta forgot how to deke, went back to his shitty backhand move.

Cooper figured out pinching the defensemen as much as possible works really well against Montreal.
It's exactly what Gionta did in game one, just without the rebound shot.

Edit: and the replay shows I'm wrong. It wasn't backhand deke in game one.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why Therrien refuses to match Subban / Gorges against Sramkos instead of Makeover / Emelin is beyond me. Could cost him the series.

This game is being played at an electrifying pace. Tampa came out hot
K7rq4eK.png

Top Bottom