• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry Flyers. I know that feel.

pfyvfpbndoy5.gif

But he does seem less agile than your average goalie. That first goal by Zucc was a result of that

Regardless, the score was 1-1 until a 4 minute PP late in the 3rd. Emery has great numbers in his career against the Rangers. The Flyers lost that game because they only put up 16 shots on goal, not because of Emery's play in net.

Roflobear

Regardless, the score was 1-1 until a 4 minute PP late in the 3rd. Emery has great numbers in his career against the Rangers. The Flyers lost that game because they only put up 16 shots on goal, not because of Emery's play in net.

Yea that's a good point. I still feel more confident with Emery in the net opposed to Mason though

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Emery's great numbers mostly came from when he was an Ottawa Senator leading his team to the Cup Finals. He's 0-2 against the Rangers this season, and that's all that counts right now. A more agile goalie probably could have stopped at least 2 of the Rangers' goals. Stepan's was the only one where he legitimately had no chance at all. All of the others came from rebounds that Emery failed to control that the Rangers were able to get past him due to his inability to move laterally after making the initial save. Which, of course, means the Flyers still would have lost, but we wouldn't have run away with it in the end the way we did.

The Flyers are surely going to come harder tomorrow. There's no way they're going to let themselves be as dominated as they were. But the Rangers also now know exactly what they need to do to beat Emery.

Emery's great numbers mostly came from when he was an Ottawa Senator leading his team to the Cup Finals. He's 0-2 against the Rangers this season, and that's all that counts right now. A more agile goalie probably could have stopped at least 2 of the Rangers' goals. Stepan's was the only one where he legitimately had no chance at all. All of the others came from rebounds that Emery failed to control that the Rangers were able to get past him due to his inability to move laterally after making the initial save. Which, of course, means the Flyers still would have lost, but we wouldn't have run away with it in the end the way we did.

The Flyers are surely going to come harder tomorrow. There's no way they're going to let themselves be as dominated as they were. But the Rangers also now know exactly what they need to do to beat Emery.

Another 4 minute PP?

ZeroGravity

Palat sounds like he'll be back for Game 3. Thank god. Hopefully Cooper puts him with Filppula and Callahan, because they've been god awful without him. I give Filppula the benefit of the doubt because he's playing hurt, but Callahan has no excuse for how invisible he's been.

With 19 & 21 going to the game, tonight is going to be completely saltless in regards to Avs-GAF, if anything I'm going to send Wild fans fruit baskets.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guess I'll grab that Habs ghost if someone can avatarize it for me

Palat sounds like he'll be back for Game 3. Thank god. Hopefully Cooper puts him with Filppula and Callahan, because they've been god awful without him. I give Filppula the benefit of the doubt because he's playing hurt, but Callahan has no excuse for how invisible he's been.
I've been really surprised how invisible Callahan has been, the last time we played Tampa in the regular season he was their best player by a mile.

Top Bottom