• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Calamari41

41 > 38
NBC LA just kindly informed everyone from the locker room that Tyler Toffoli scored the only goal for the LA Galaxy.

Just to give the rest of you an idea as to what we have to deal with down here.

I missed tonights game cause of a the war on drugs show:/

Sucks when it was an early game and all, bit whatever.

Whats up with manics sporting a subban avatar though?

853517361.gif

edit: TOOOEEEWWWWWWSSSSSS

lol

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Just wanted to amend my previous reply to this post. If you go to 1:15 in this video it becomes pretty clear Emelin hit his lower leg or skate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqo-FohCbQ

He remains balanced for a bit more before looking like his feet get taken from under him. Emelin hits the right skate, Kreider appears not to have been impeded by it, then his left skate slips out. I think he lost his balance when he attempts to shoot the puck.

MacAttack

Do you not see him stick his knee out or lead with the elbow?

I don't see the knee being an issue at all, I'll buy the elbow but it looked more like a reflex of self defense than anything malicious.
I was half joking.

Not even the least bit salty. My team got beat.

I don't think I'm the only poster who thinks Dustin Brown plays dirty.

That's where 'Classic Dustin Brown' comes from before the playoffs even started.
I'm not defending Dustin Browns entire body of work, just this play. I think it's funny to see him laid out after attempting a big hit but to call that dirty seems a bit insincere. I was calling you out on that. Looks like I was only partly justified since you were only
half
joking.

I don't see the knee being an issue at all, I'll buy the elbow but it looked more like a reflex of self defense than anything malicious.

I'm not defending Dustin Browns entire body of work, just this play. I think it's funny to see him laid out after attempting a big hit but to call that dirty seems a bit insincere. I was calling you out on that. Looks like I was only partly justified since you were only
half
joking.

Probably just the elbow as a reaction. The knee is really just making a turn.

Classic Skating.

Giggzy

Well shit. Just got back from Yosemite and saw the result :( Gibson have a meltdown or what? Bah..

Well, at least I saw a bobcat ten feet from me and got some epic pics

Well shit. Just got back from Yosemite and saw the result :( Gibson have a meltdown or what? Bah..

Well, at least I saw a bobcat ten feet from me and got some epic pics

You know those saves that are made spectacular because the Ducks defense is giving up chances left and right? Well luck ran out and he couldn't stop all of them. Giving up 3 wasn't actually too bad with the chances he faced. Ducks weren't ready for the Kings coming out hot to start the game.

Show us some pics!

Mentok

Banned
He remains balanced for a bit more before looking like his feet get taken from under him. Emelin hits the right skate, Kreider appears not to have been impeded by it, then his left skate slips out. I think he lost his balance when he attempts to shoot the puck.

Yeah, just bad luck. Like what happened with Gallagher in the regular season. Tomorrow night we'll really see if the Habs will show up for this series.

Giggzy

You know those saves that are made spectacular because the Ducks defense is giving up chances left and right? Well luck ran out and he couldn't stop all of them. Giving up 3 wasn't actually too bad with the chances he faced. Ducks weren't ready for the Kings coming out hot to start the game.

Show us some pics!

What kind of monster would say that and not post the pics?

They're on my buddies camera :p Once he uploads them or gives them to me on a USB stick I'll show them off

zroid

Banned
It just occurred to me Phil Kessel used to play for the Providence Bruins, whose home arena is the Dunkin' Donuts Centre

so there has been some speculation (on this board), with teemu and koivu leaving, that Kesler might come over in a trade for etem and a first round pic?

seems like a bit to give up for Kes. i dont think he has the same level of speed as Etem so it might not be a good idea to trade him.

what could Kes bring to this team if a trade like that happens.

so there has been some speculation (on this board), with teemu and koivu leaving, that Kesler might come over in a trade for etem and a first round pic?

seems like a bit to give up for Kes. i dont think he has the same level of speed as Etem so it might not be a good idea to trade him.

He's a pretty good all around player and teams don't like to play against him.

I think we should keep Etem and the pick. We also have Rakell ready. We have the excess with defenseman, I'm more willing to trade a D Man

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Truculence.

Also, Selke-winner two-way play.

He's a pretty good all around player and teams don't like to play against him.

I think we should keep Etem and the pick. We also have Rakell ready. We have the excess with defenseman, I'm more willing to trade a D Man

i certainly was impressed with the playtime rakell got (although limited).

he could blossom to become something like dare i say, Patrick Kane.

we should trade sbisa or lovejoy and sign boyle.

hopefully robidas will want to come back to help this team win it all next season. he's reliable and did his job consistently until Garbug put him out with that cheap shot

also souray will be the odd man out next season

Acid08

Banned

hopefully robidas will want to come back to help this team win it all next season. he's reliable and did his job consistently until Garbug put him out with that cheap shot

1. Boyle is terrible
2. Rakell will never be near Kane
3. Kesler will absolutely help the Ducks since they're in "win now" not and need a great defensive center that can score.

Giggzy

Wot? Rakell will never become like Kane. Doesn't even play like him! He will be our future 3C, maybe 2C if he really develops well.

No way am I trading Lovejoy. I'm okay with letting Sbisa go, but not for Boyle.

I'm okay with Robidas staying if he can get back to the same level of play.

I'm not sure where I stand on Souray right now. We definitely missed his shot from the point, but we did perfectly fine without him. I think it comes down to him or Allen staying or going, but who knows.

Top Bottom