• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Antti

Toews plowed into Quick all by himself and stripped him off the ability to make the save, but that should've been called on the ice. It's great that they got it right, but they should change the retarded rule first before doing so.

Webbie

Banned
There's obviously more to say because it wasn't ruled a goal. So, if something is clearly a goal, as you're suggesting, but it was ruled not a goal, then there is obviously more to say.

Here is my answer, Hawks just scored, it should be 3 to nothing now. later.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
all is right again in this world

Here is my answer, Hawks just scored, it should be 3 to nothing now. later.

By that logic the first goal shouldn't have counted either because it wasn't really a penalty, so it should be 2-1 anyway. w/e, what's done is done. Don't know why that somehow invalidates the LA goal :lol

zychi

Banned
DK!
iSErR5EPpZmC2.gif

Webbie

Banned
all is right again in this world

By that logic the first goal shouldn't have counted either because it wasn't really a penalty, so it should be 2-1 anyway. w/e, what's done is done. Don't know why that somehow invalidates the LA goal :lol

Because our 2nd goal should have counted, therefore LA should have never had a goal.

Smiley90

Because our 2nd goal should have counted, therefore LA should have never had a goal.

that's not how it works.

by that logic something that happened in game 1 of the regular season would impact something in the SCF because things would've played out differently afterwards.

Just be happy the Hawks scored, be happy the Hawks scored on a penalty that shouldn't have been one (by your logic then the 2nd Hawks goal also wouldn't have occurred), be upset the Refs are crap.

But don't say "we'd be up 3-0 if the refs were competent" because that's just wrong.

If the Refs were competent the first goal wouldn't have occurred already.

Webbie

Banned
that's not how it works.

by that logic something that happened in game 1 of the regular season would impact something in the SCF because things would've played out differently afterwards.

Just be happy the Hawks scored, be happy the Hawks scored on a penalty that shouldn't have been one (by your logic then the 2nd Hawks goal also wouldn't have occurred), be upset the Refs are crap.

But don't say "we'd be up 3-0 if the refs were competent" because that's just wrong.

If the Refs were competent the first goal wouldn't have occurred already.

There was a penalty, a legit one. So your opinion fails.

We should make a separate thread for people that enjoy spending the game discussing/bitching about the refs. I'm sure the rest of us would enjoy the separation

zroid

Banned
We should make a separate thread for people that enjoy spending the game discussing/bitching about the refs. I'm sure the rest of us would enjoy the separation

when the thread reaches the post limit, there will be 19000 kingslunk posts and 1000 by everyone else combined

Webbie

Banned
The whole point here is that if that had been the Kings goal being disallowed the Kings fans would be up in arms too. So yeah, as long as it's not your team it is the right call.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Maybe kingslunk should start the reffing thread? Here, let me get his attention:

That was not a fight at the end of Game 6 against the Ducks, it was clear roughing.

Smiley90

There was a penalty, a legit one. So your opinion fails.

-sigh- I give up, let me know once the fanboy glasses come off

Is this wsox v2.0?

:lol

There was goalie interference. Legit goalie interference.

You're wearing some of the thickest homer glasses I've ever seen.

I'm actually gonna respond to you this time because your response is the perfect one. If you argue with fanboy glasses on you just accept x as truth when it isn't.

Don't pretend like you're any better than him though, Remington :lol

Kings are absolutely outplaying my expectations right now. Coming out down 2 - 1 after a period like that is killer but with they way they're playing, things are looking up. Tons and tons an tons of chances and missed opportunities. Need to capitalize.

Kings are absolutely outplaying my expectations right now. Coming out down 2 - 1 after a period like that is killer but with they way they're playing, things are looking up. Tons and tons an tons of chances and missed opportunities. Need to capitalize.

There were like 3 that should have been easy goals with halfway decent puck control. So frustrating.

Antti

This is what they came up with:
At 3:22 of the second period in the Los Angeles Kings/Chicago Blackhawks game, the referee consulted video review to see if Jonathan Toews' initial shot entered the Los Angeles net. It was determined Toews' initial shot did not enter the net. The referee's original call on the ice was "good goal" but a discussion between the on-ice officials resulted in a "no goal" decision because Toews made incidental contact with Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick before the puck crossed the goal line. This is not a reviewable play therefore the decision on the ice stands - no goal and no penalty.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=29472

Top Bottom