• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The butthurt is strong with Therrien
RE Kreider "Not the first time he's gone after goalies"

Seriously. Know how many goalie interference penalties Kreider got during the regular season?

Spoiler alert: the answer is 0.

His "history" is being pushed from behind by Letang into MAF one time in the last round. But I guess they've got to be mad at something. Make Kreider into the archvillain that Graves became in Pittsburgh when he injured Lemieux and rally behind it.

Meanwhile, Brassard is on the ice for the Rangers, so it seems he'll be good to go tonight.

Mr.Green

What fucking horseshit. How dare he say that shit after what Prust pulled in that game.

Price got his ankle stuck against the post with the blade of his skate. It was a freak accident. No penalty, no call from the league, no suspension.

Accident my ass.

Merguson

Banned
Not an accident? Lol.

Yeah, a player will choose to fall which may or may not hurt a goalie instead of capitalizing on a scoring opportunity.

Makes sense.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Meanwhile, Brassard is on the ice for the Rangers, so it seems he'll be good to go tonight.

Actually, maybe not so fast here. Brass is on the ice, but he's not participating in line rushes, just observing. Dominic Moore centering Pouliot and Zuccarello, Boyle centering Carcillo and Dorsett.

So Brassard might still be out tonight.

I wouldn't be shocked if AV uses Carcillo either way, knowing that Kreider is likely going to be a marked man out there.

Mr.Green

I still think it isn't clear on how he fell. At that speed was he going to be stopping in time anyways?

He did it without help that's for sure.

I doubt his goal was to hurt him, but he sure as fuck didn't make any effort not to.

Anyway, this debate is pointless now.

Budaj, it's now or never pal!

cube444

If the team plays like it did Saturday were done. I still think the Habs have a chance.

Habs better be able to deal with that Rangers speed and forecheck, regardless of who the goalie is.

I can't see Budaj winning 4 of the next 6 games.

His career .843 SV% in the playoffs doesn't inspire confidence.

Th Price situation totally reminds me of what happened to Dwayne Roloson in Game 1 of the 2006 Stanley Cup Final in Game # 1.

CWjbZ7C.jpg

The Oilers ended up putting in Ty Conklin to finish the Game and he ended up choking.
Jussi Markannen ended up finishing the series, and aside from Game #2 he played outstanding but the injury totally deflated the Oilers who were flying at the time.

But look at the other goalie in the Habs system that they could use!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471227

Habs fans should be proud of their team for eliminating the Presidents Trophy holder, the Boston Bruins. This is not your year to win the Stanley Cup.

Your main mission was to eliminate the Bruins, you should be happy with that.

the Montreal Canadiens always camouflaged their shortcomings by rellying too much on goaltending. Take away goaltending, and the Habs fall apart completely.

zroid

Banned
Red Man is gonna snap!

*grabs popcorn*

the Montreal Canadiens always camouflaged their shortcomings by rellying too much on goaltending. Take away goaltending, and the Habs fall apart completely.

honestly almost every team in the playoffs relies heavily on goaltending. you're not gonna get far without elite goaltending unless you have an elite defence. and even with elite D, you still need above average goaltending, at least.

Megasoum

Banned
Well...who knows... we only need 4 wins with a backup goalie before Price could come back so hey, we only need another Halak moment.

*grabs popcorn*

honestly almost every team in the playoffs relies heavily on goaltending. you're not gonna get far without elite goaltending unless you have an elite defence. and even with elite D, you still need above average goaltending, at least.

the Flyers managed their way to the Finals with two below-average goaltenders. The Blackhawks just had more depth

Eastern team fans bow down to your Chicago overloards.

Flyers 2015. believe

cube444

Hope they start Tokarski tonight. See what he can do.

Considering Budaj has a career 5.13 GAA and .843 SV% in the playoffs, I'd say Therrien gives him a very short leash. If Habs lose tonight and Budaj looks bad, Tokarski on the road for Game 3 makes a lot of sense.

Stasis

You fuckers are just like the nhl when it comes to suspension decisions. Depends on the outcome of injury.

Shit wouldn't be mentioned if he had finished the game. Was mentioned a little when he was prolly ok, but has now ramped up to "intentional obviously all his fault and he has a history of it".

Please. It's not the way I wanted this to go either, the price Hank match up was a fun one. It sucks. I don't wish it on anyone really, especially not the Habs who are cheered for by basically all of my friends. But to make Kreider out as some kind of goalie killing devil man?

Anyway, you can have a massive Cinderella story by beating us with Budaj. And this shit may (will prolly) get ugly now too if guys like Prust are already saying "accidentally on purpose" and even Therrien is now changing his tune to point out a villain. The Habs are tougher than the Rangers now, so it could be a rough ride.

Montresor

Good thing the Leafs have 1A and 1B tandem with Bernier + Reimer. You know, in case they ever get far in the playoffs and Bernier gets injured.
Don't forget their 1C and 1D prospects.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well one thing is for sure, Kreider will hear the loudest boos he's ever receieved whenever he touches the puck tonight, whether he deserves it or not.

I can't even be happy we beat the Bruins at this point, it looks like they were on their way to another Eastern Conference no show due to last game anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hope they start Tokarski tonight. See what he can do.

That's what the word seems to be, that Tokarski is getting the call. I imagine Budaj's performance in the third didn't help his case (not that he was given much of a chance by the team in front of him).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hungover as fuck and I and wake up to the Price news. Going to go jump in front of a bus, the run was nice while it lasted.

all non-Bruins fans are grateful for the Habs contribution of ridding us all of the Bruins.

we respect you for that. Build up for 2015, it will be a better year for you

zroid

Banned
Good thing the Leafs have 1A and 1B tandem with Bernier + Reimer. You know, in case they ever get far in the playoffs and Bernier gets injured.
Don't forget their 1C and 1D prospects.

Soon, the Leafs are gonna be dressing backup goalies as 4th liners so they'll always have extras on the bench at any time!

michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

Tonight will be very interesting.

Refs will definitely be on the lookout for any foul play by the Habs, so all the Habs can and should do is play as hard as they can for Price.

Top Bottom