• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Broadway hat to:

J0qYncz.jpg

But I might have given it to Nash or Boyler. Huge goal by Nash and big game from Boyle tonight.

Vyse24

And won a Game 2!

And won consecutive games in Montreal since...............I have no fucking idea when!

I'm going thru Hockey-reference to get the answer. So far, the closest I can get was a win on 11/01/03, a tie on 1/17/04, and a win on 10/29/05.

Here we go: They got a win on 10/05/01, and then a win on 12/01/01. That's how long its been since their last back-to-back wins in Montreal.

Samyy

Called him out for saying he'd start Tokarski, then saying he shouldn't have started him or something. Stock said, "you're not following what I'm saying" and Friedman said, "It's impossible to". Hrudey was basically laughing at him the whole time too.

Lol, fucking Stock.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Gat damn. Sounds like I'll be watching the recording of this one. Sad to hear that the Kings are able to rest tomorrow, too. Totally unfair. The fix is in.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the Mtl Nyr game highlights.

Man oh man...I feel bad for Habs fans now. On one hand, you got Galchenyuk back, but on the other hand, Price is out and Lundqvist is playing fucking CRAZY right now.

Unless the Habs get him off his game, Gallagher should be doing this, Habs are going to lose this one without question.

Velcro Fly

Hank has been unreal the last 5 games. Rags would have to be awful to lose any of them the way he's played. Makes me feel a little better watching him crush Montreal too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tokarski has won at every level, keep him in. Can't fault him for the first goal or the PP one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tokarski has won at every level, keep him in. Can't fault him for the first goal or the PP one.

Trial by fire, and I think it can throw another team off. They may not have the book on him yet, so they might have to try a bunch of different things to see if there's a weakness.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

He really wasn't the problem. The Nash goal he should have stopped, but the first goal was flat out zany and the last was a laser past a screen that he couldn't see through. Based on Therrien's postgame interview, it certainly sounds like he plans to stick with him.

Listening to this "mic'd up" video with Kevin Klein on Nash's goal, he calls Kreider "Kreidizzle" and Nash "Slim." He also calls Stralman "Stral-Man."

At least they're different from your typical hockey nicknames. :D

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He really wasn't the problem. The Nash goal he should have stopped, but the first goal was flat out zany and the last was a laser past a screen that he couldn't see through. Based on Therrien's postgame interview, it certainly sounds like he plans to stick with him.

Listening to this "mic'd up" video with Kevin Klein on Nash's goal, he calls Kreider "Kreidizzle" and Nash "Slim." He also calls Stralman "Stral-Man."

At least they're different from your typical hockey nicknames. :D

ohgodwhy

GAF

Banned
Bwahaha. I feel bad for Malkin, I really do. He's doing everything he can in that shitty team. Here's some facts for you.

1. Dan Bylsma home playoff record since '09: 13W-15L

2. Dan Bylsma led squads in potential series clinchers at home: 2W-7L

3. If Pens lose this series it will be the 3rd time in the last 4 years that we've blown a 3-1 series lead and got bounced by a lower seeded team (MTL in 2010, TB in 2011, and now POSSIBLY NY in 2014).

4. That would be FOUR straight years losing 3 or more playoff games in a row. Think about that for a second. Not sure any coach has that record set. He has basically transformed this team's identity from a playoff juggernaut into a playoff joke.

This game's result was in yesterday's newspaper.

albert-einstein-quote-quotes-29367.jpg
Odds might be against them but they've dominated this game. Wouldn't count them out.

50 euros says Pens will lose this game. You in?
Sure man.

I've got balls!
Just wanted everyone to know that this bet was made and paid. Thanks cube444, he's a man of his word!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Trial by fire, and I think it can throw another team off. They may not have the book on him yet, so they might have to try a bunch of different things to see if there's a weakness.

Glen Healy has the book on him. Shoot the puck off his defender and off the post blocker side and you'll beat him every time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I hope everyone who says they would target and try to injury Lunqvist & Kreider feel like idiots.

Habs sre legit shook

AGally looked really good I thought though, so there's that
All things considering he played really well, it's a shame we didn't get to see him play with Vanek more who's basically played himself out of a contract if he's not injured. I'm not even that upset anymore, it's a shame the run has to end because of a stupid accident, but neither of these teams are beating the Kings or Hawks anyways. Lots of positives coming out of these playoffs, I'm already looking forward to next season with the kids taking on bigger roles, this team's success is just beginning.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brian Boyle's foot was bleeding from blocking one of Subban's shots last night.

As for Kreider...
NY Post said:
The Montreal fans booed Kreider every time he touched the puck. That included the shift late in the first on which he sent a three-on-two feed across to Rick Nash — goal-scorer Rick Nash, to you—who buried it for a 2-1 lead at 18:58.

“I thought it was hilarious,” Kreider told The Post when asked his reaction to the hubbub. “To tell you the truth, it helped me get up for the game. It lit a fire under my ass that I don’t think is going away any time soon.”

By the way, Lundqvist is 2 wins away from passing Mike Richter for #1 on the all-time Rangers postseason wins list. He's at 40 wins right now. Richter had 41.

Good for Kreider, don't let that Montreal crowd get the better of you.

Also Lundqvist is just insane. I'd take him over any of the goalies remaining out in the west right now.

Mentok

Banned
I hope everyone who says they would target and try to injury Lunqvist & Kreider feel like idiots.

All things considering he played really well, it's a shame we didn't get to see him play with Vanek more who's basically played himself out of a contract if he's not injured. I'm not even that upset anymore, it's a shame the run has to end because of a stupid accident, but neither of these teams are beating the Kings or Hawks anyways. Lots of positives coming out of these playoffs, I'm already looking forward to next season with the kids taking on bigger roles, this team's success is just beginning.

Yeah definitely lots of positives to take away andshould make for an interesting off-season. They'll need a top 6 forward and 1 or 2 depth players to fill some roles, but otherwise they look good going forward (I really hope AGally replaces DD for #1 centre).
This series is far from over though, it's like they need a players-only meeting to fire themselves up.

cube444

Just wanted everyone to know that this bet was made and paid. Thanks cube444, he's a man of his word!

Congrats man. Now if only Solo was the same. We had a "BJ" bet going and when he lost, all 43 of my PMs were totally ignored.

*shrugs*

Top Bottom