• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Pepsi wants to create buzz about their products by making them hard to find. It's worked in the past with other flavors. Using Taco Bell was a pretty genius way to generate buzz before bringing it to retail.

DAMN COMPANIES.

seriously though, what the fuck kind of medicine are you taking that tastes like Baja Blast?

Merguson

Banned
#canadiens Michel Therrien was upset at Ulf Samuelson who was watching practice. A no-no when it's not a morning skate. #tvasports

no respek

EDIT:
#rangers Ulf Samuelson is gone...but Glen Sather just arrived and is watching practice. Lots of action on this beautiful Saturday in NY.

Today is packed with stuff to watch.

Cannes
Champions League
Heat
Kings
Kings
Kings

EDIT: Thanks guys. He has pneumonia. Which is really bad because he just finished Chemo a week or so ago.

MacAttack

DAMN COMPANIES.

seriously though, what the fuck kind of medicine are you taking that tastes like Baja Blast?
Weird aftertaste (I think all Mtn Dew has this) and the artificial "tropical punch" flavor seems like it's masking some other nasty flavor.

Best wishes go out to your Dad, Kaep.

Quick

Banned
Late sentiments on my end: here's hoping for the best for your dads, Kaep and Shane.

I wont need a sign to kiss you!

Only if you hold me with your swole arms.

I'll smuggle a case over the border for you when I go to Toronto this summer.

It's all good, Acid. Appreciate the thought, though. Hertl high five. Extra communist.

5vOjb.gif

I'm trying to cut pop off completely from my intake. This and last week has been the most I've consumed all year. I'm trying to get back on track. Vanilla Coke is going to send me back to the stone age.

MacAttack

I'm trying to cut pop off completely from my intake. This and last week has been the most I've consumed all year. I'm trying to get back on track. Vanilla Coke is going to send me back to the stone age.

I never have soda at home but when I'm out I might have one. Some hipster at work convinced me to try Baja Blast yesterday. Never again.

Ice coffee is my sugary vice lately.

Marvie_3

Banned
I felt better when I stopped drinking soda than when I stopped smoking.

Quick

Banned
I never have soda at home but when I'm out I might have one. Some hipster at work convinced me to try Baja Blast yesterday. Never again.

Ice coffee is my sugary vice lately.

I really don't like coffee. I reserve it for when I'm really tired and I need to be awake.

I felt better when I stopped drinking soda than when I stopped smoking.

I definitely feel a lot better. I did drink a lot of pop this week though. I couldn't even finish a can the last time.

Today is packed with stuff to watch.

Cannes
Champions League
Heat
Kings
Kings
Kings

EDIT: Thanks guys. He has pneumonia. Which is really bad because he just finished Chemo a week or so ago.

Yikes. Pneumonia is a bitch. Can't decide if I hated that or mono more. I'm sure he'll be fine though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Brassard is back and Stephan is still day to day but unlikely. Some good news at least.

AV basically wouldn't say what Stepan's status was when asked if it was day-to-day or indefinitely. Just said "call it what you want."

Stepan was still in the hospital as of a couple hours ago and had a plate inserted to stabilize his jaw.

Kreider was also taking a maintenance day today, will play tomorrow.

I quit having soda regularly about a year and a half back and feel good. It's an occasional thing for me now.
I definitely feel a lot better. I did drink a lot of pop this week though. I couldn't even finish a can the last time.
I remember the first time I had it again after qutting cold turkey for a year. Almost made me puke.

FOOTE

I had severe headaches when I quit drinking mountain dew. So glad that I stopped that habbit though because I used to drink it like crazy.

Acid08

Banned
I'll buy a soda every couple of months, usually one of the real sugar bottles of Coke. Otherwise I'm all water, coffee, and tea.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll buy a soda every couple of months, usually one of the real sugar bottles of Coke. Otherwise I'm all water, coffee, and tea.

I sometimes buy a bottle of pop for lunch, still love the taste.

Used to drink like at least a liter of pop a day, quit it a few years back and switched to mostly water&coffee&tea too.

Smiley90

So the places with actual civilization call it soda. Glad we cleared that up.

I think the best part of that map is that when asked "what do you call a carbonated beverage" the ENTIRE southeastern US couldn't come up with a generic term but only thought of coke.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Carcillo is appealing his suspension to Gary Bettman.

I think you could make an argument that the 3 game suspension clause most accurately describes what happened, but the rule states that it's up to the interpretation of the officials who called the game, so I can't see him getting any kind of reduction.

I think the best part of that map is that when asked "what do you call a carbonated beverage" the ENTIRE southeastern US couldn't come up with a generic term but only thought of coke.
You don't understand Smelly. The south is dominated by Coke. The Coke producs per capita (CPPC) is about 8. I've seen rooms, kitchens, workshops in homes all decorated in Coke regalia. Coke iconography is everywhere. Hell even stuff like labeled Coke bottles are collected. As someone living here, I don't doubt it.

Smiley90

You don't understand Smelly. The south is dominated by Coke. The Coke producs per capita (CPPC) is about 8. I've seen rooms, kitchens, workshops in homes all decorated in Coke regalia. Coke iconography is everywhere. Hell even stuff like labeled Coke bottles are collected. As someone living here, I don't doubt it.

/Georgia

Mentok

Banned
Carcillo is appealing his suspension to Gary Bettman.

I think you could make an argument that the 3 game suspension clause most accurately describes what happened, but the rule states that it's up to the interpretation of the officials who called the game, so I can't see him getting any kind of reduction.

Even if reduced to 3 games, I don't see them putting him in the line-up should the series go 7 games. Besides, he clearly hits the ref more than once, I think the ruling will stand.

Marvie_3

Banned

Give them a break smelly. Its the longest word on the label any of the people there can read.

Anyone who has spent time in the south can attest to this. In the south you're basically only going to get a Coke. Not Sprite, not Pepsi, not Fanta...you get a Coke. People look at you weird for ordering water. Also, the Coke factory tour is like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory without the nightmares if you're a kid.

I cut soda out almost entirely, but ultimately it was just replaced with beer :(

I pretty much only drink water otherwise. Would feel healthier about it if I didn't immediately get into craft beer after dropping soda.

Acid08

Banned
As long as water is like 80/20 with whatever other beverages you drink on average you're doing alright. Could cut it down to 90/10 but we're all fat westerners here.
Not my fault this glorious country makes delicious cheeseburgers so readily available.

RC

Banned
I'll have an occasional pop. Used to really like 7-Up before they changed the formula. Now it tastes like bastardized Sprite.

Top Bottom