• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Acid08

Banned
Hawks are the bad boys of the playoffs
Kings are the Kings
Rangers are elbowing refs
Habs are breaking jaws

All this dirt in the 'yoffs right now

Mentok

Banned
I think the NHL got it right. 10 games (the minimum) for him being stupid.

Now awaiting Prust's phone conference (I thought it was happening this afternoon).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the NHL got it right. 10 games (the minimum) for him being stupid.

Now awaiting Prust's phone conference (I thought it was happening this afternoon).

Prust's hearing was at 4 pm, so we should probably hear in a few hours, I would guess.

Since Stepan is out it might be a little more than I originally thought. I'm figuring 4 games to keep him out of the series.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Spring in itself is just a giant pain for me, fucking allergies.

I am ready for perpetual winter.

Me too, I'm just most allergic to grasses. Fucking asthma is killing me today, can barely breathe.

I invite you to Georgia where, I shit you not, the stuff gets so thick it accumulates. You can literally see it in the air and taste it as you breathe.

How about I not.

Mentok

Banned
Prust's hearing was at 4 pm, so we should probably hear in a few hours, I would guess.

Since Stepan is out it might be a little more than I originally thought. I'm figuring 4 games to keep him out of the series.

Confirmed for how many games? I didn't know he for sure won't be cleared for game #4.

Cake Boss

Banned
Thought these was neat

dvmSacd.png

Senaderp strikes again.

Someone make an avy size pls.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda surprised that Carcillo got the 10 game suspension. I would have thought he'd fall under the 3 game ruling for contact while trying to get away during/after an altercation with another player.

I don't think Prust will get more than a game, maybe two and even then it'll only be because Stepan is injured. It was a dumb hit, but they'll say principle point of contact was not the head so it won't qualify for a bigger suspension.

Stasis

Not many Habs fans give a shit about Prust not being there for the series if he's suspended.

Lack of Stepan will hurt us though, particularly with Brass still out. Even Carcillo now since we have pretty much no one "tough" left.

The going's gonna get rough. It's amusing that people (here, I see a lot of it) consider this fair "retribution" for Kreider taking out Price. This whole series is pretty wonky tbh.

Stasis

Should have been 4, but I'll take it.

Still, pretty much irrelevant for the team itself. They don't need him in the lineup to win anything. As long as Tokarski is rolling and with us out 2/3 centers, it's hard to say how this series will play out.

Socreges

Banned
I invite you to Georgia where, I shit you not, the stuff gets so thick it accumulates. You can literally see it in the air and taste it as you breathe.
Do you want Smelly to die?

Me too, I'm just most allergic to grasses. Fucking asthma is killing me today, can barely breathe.

How about I not.
*asthma chest bump*

My asthma is pretty mild these days. As an adult I'm only really affected during this time of the year (I work in a strangely rural location where you can see pollen floats g through the air) and by cities with lots of pollution.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Look at all these nerds talking about their allergies.

I used to get destroyed every Spring with this shit. I even had to forfeit a golf tournament in high school because I was such a mess. But for some reason, I haven't been bothered at all over the last ~decade. Maybe it was soaking in the LA air during my time at USC?

zroid

Banned
I used to get destroyed every Spring with this shit. I even had to forfeit a golf tournament in high school because I was such a mess. But for some reason, I haven't been bothered at all over the last ~decade. Maybe it was soaking in the LA air during my time at USC?

Almost same situation here. When I was in HS, I used to attend this 3 day conference every spring and the allergies would always appear just in time to make me a total shitshow throughout. I had to stuff my pockets with tissues everywhere I went, notably while writing various exams. I was that guy who was sniffling and blowing my nose for an hour, pissing off everyone seated nearby.

Nowadays I hardly get them at all. Maybe itchy eyes for a couple days a year, but that's about it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I never used to have allergies in the spring. But ever since that damn pesticide ban, spring has been hell.

zroid

Banned
Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 1m
Never been less impressed with 1st-rounder at MemCup than I was with #Habs McCarron. Huge but no motor, zero skill, blockhead goonery

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 41s
Forget about the next level, the way he played I'm not sure McCarron's even a third-liner in the CHL. Brutal pick.

Ouch.

Never been less impressed with 1st-rounder at MemCup than I was with #Habs McCarron. Huge but no motor, zero skill, blockhead goonery

Forget about the next level, the way he played I'm not sure McCarron's even a third-liner in the CHL. Brutal pick.

Goddamn...that's brutal.

Razorskin

----- ------

703720-20raw20autoplaw1s7g.gif

Razorskin

----- ------
I saw some of his tweets earlier, saying that it was a different guy making the McCarron pick. Is there a new guy making the call instead of Timmins now?

I'm not sure that's the case, since Timmins is above Shane Curla in rank, should be primarily his call to make.

Maybe a bunch of guys came to that consensus.

Top Bottom