• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Mully

Fun game last night. Sucked we lost, but seeing the Garden let loose like that late in the third was good to see. It's been so quiet the past few years. We got a series on our hands.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, the tone of the Prust suspension video and the actual suspension handed out don't match AT ALL. It reminds me of this classic Gears of War review:

shoe.jpg

Mentok

Banned
Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 1m
Never been less impressed with 1st-rounder at MemCup than I was with #Habs McCarron. Huge but no motor, zero skill, blockhead goonery

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 41s
Forget about the next level, the way he played I'm not sure McCarron's even a third-liner in the CHL. Brutal pick.

Kid's 19 years old...learning curve and all that. I don't think any pick can be considered a full-blown bust right off the bat. If this was 3-4 years from now then maybe.

Good job on the Prust suspension, I think it's the right call. I hated Therrien's comments, especially saying "We're still frustrated not having our goalie, our No. 1 most important player." Like I get where he was going, but man you make it seem like you're still frustrated even after Tokarski stood on his head for you. Either way, I hope this gets Bournival into the lineup (not White or Moen for God's sake) and keeps Prust out of the series. It would be stupid to put him back in even after the 2 game suspension.

Samyy

Kid's 19 years old...learning curve and all that. I don't think any pick can be considered a full-blown bust right off the bat. If this was 3-4 years from now then maybe.

Good job on the Prust suspension, I think it's the right call. I hated Therrien's comments, especially saying "We're still frustrated not having our goalie, our No. 1 most important player." Like I get where he was going, but man you make it seem like you're still frustrated even after Tokarski stood on his head for you. Either way, I hope this gets Bournival into the lineup (not White or Moen for God's sake) and keeps Prust out of the series. It would be stupid to put him back in even after the 2 game suspension.

Kids been in the CHL for 3 years right? How much more learning does he have to do to play well at that level?

Thats the concern.

Mr.Green

WHITE IS AWESOME YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY WHORE MOUTH!

ryan-white.gif

Clydefrog

My parents are flying in tomorrow for the weekend, visiting from Hawaii. We were going to do something tomorrow like tour the Queen Mary. Anyway, I just woke up from a nap and I check my phone. Missed call and text from mom "we were thinking of going to the hockey game on Saturday -- our treat" I told her earlier the cheapest seats were $170 but I guess they're game now! Trying to get a hold of her ASAP

sutter.gif

Mentok

Banned
Kids been in the CHL for 3 years right? How much more learning does he have to do to play well at that level?

Thats the concern.

Oh and I agree that 3 years can be concerning, but I'm just saying he's still young, and could turn it around. It's not like the Habs got him to be the next 1st liner anyways.

WHITE IS AWESOME YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY WHORE MOUTH!

ryan-white.gif

....no? lol that's a great .gif.

Calamari41

41 > 38
My parents are flying in tomorrow for the weekend, visiting from Hawaii. We were going to do something tomorrow like tour the Queen Mary. Anyway, I just woke up from a nap and I check my phone. Missed call and text from mom "we were thinking of going to the hockey game on Saturday -- our treat" I told her earlier the cheapest seats were $170 but I guess they're game now! Trying to get a hold of her ASAP

sutter.gif

Is he giving a demonstration to Stoll?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
he's right, it's bullshit. proper Canadians take off their god damn shoes.

Truth.

I only thought they wore them in all the sitcoms growing up because it was easier to shoot, then the internet taught me that's how they all do it anyway.

Samyy

I've never been to someone's house where they've kept their shoes on.
It is gross though, why would you drag all that shit over your house by keeping your shoes on?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I've never been to someone's house where they've kept their shoes on.
It is gross though, why would you drag all that shit over your house by keeping your shoes on?
I grew up in a house where it didn't make a difference, but now that I live by myself, it's SHOES OFF AT THE DOOR MOTHERFUCKER. Here in Boston, both growing up and now, most people/families couldn't seem to care less if you leave your shoes on.

While we're at it, do you Canadians pronounce pasta as PASS-TA or PAH-STA?

I grew up in a house where it didn't make a difference, but now that I live by myself, it's SHOES OFF AT THE DOOR MOTHERFUCKER. Here in Boston, both growing up and now, most people/families couldn't seem to care less if you leave your shoes on.

There's multiple ways to say pasta?

Marvie_3

Banned

This.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's multiple ways to say pasta?

We have Philly fans in here, to them you probably pronounce it "Tahports", because why the fuck not

Also "pah-sta" is for those that know Italian/know the Italian pronounciation of it, because that's how you actually say it. "pass-ta" is the "English" version of it.

We have Philly fans in here, to them you probably pronounce it "Tahports", because why the fuck not

Also "pah-sta" is for those that know Italian/know the Italian pronounciation of it, because that's how you actually say it. "pass-ta" is the "English" version of it.

Granny was going slow in the fast lane so I had to drive pass-ta. GRINDS ME GEARS! Almost as bad as Porsche pronounced "porch."

Edit: Carpet= shoes off. Tile/hardwood = shoes ok

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
People say "pass-ta"? I always assumed it was just "pah-sta".
That's how I've always said it, as well as nearly everyone I've ever known. I've known a few Canadians (Ontario) who say pass-ta, though.

sutter.gif

lucky son of a bitch

Well I was supposed to get free tickets to the game tomorrow but my friend's boss decided he wants to go. Not like I could go anyways because my father is in the hospital now.

So they finally started selling that Mountain Dew Baja Blast in stores and I had some for the first time. It's actually pretty good as far as soda goes, I normally hate Mountain Dew anything.

MacAttack

So they finally started selling that Mountain Dew Baja Blast in stores and I had some for the first time. It's actually pretty good as far as soda goes, I normally hate Mountain Dew anything.
That shit tastes like medicine and is the most overrated soda since Crystal Pepsi.

I appreciate your cooperation.

Or you can continue to fall for the marketing hype of false exclusivity created by mega corporations.

Totally your choice. ;)

I'm just saying that shits gross.

Actually I had never heard of it until a few months ago when it was mentioned by a family member. Taco Bell exclusivity is exactly why I hadn't tried it up until this point.

MacAttack

Actually I had never heard of it until a few months ago when it was mentioned by a family member. Taco Bell exclusivity is exactly why I hadn't tried it up until this point.
Pepsi wants to create buzz about their products by making them hard to find. It's worked in the past with other flavors. Using Taco Bell was a pretty genius way to generate buzz before bringing it to retail.

Mentok

Banned
^^^ Seriously, I trade with my brother-in-law when we meet up. He buys me cases of vanilla coke, I buy him bags of ketchup chips. It's a fair trade.

Top Bottom