• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What is "icing the puck"?

If you shoot/pass the pack from your half of the middle past the blue line at the other end of the ice without anyone touching it and without a teammate getting to it first, the whistle blows for "icing".

It's to prevent players from just shooting the puck all the way to the end to change their lines, because that'd make for some really boring hockey. The whistle blows, the faceoff comes back to your defense and you're not allowed to change if you get caught doing it.

What is "icing the puck"?

If you dump the puck in behind the other team's net before you pass center ice and the other team gets a skater to one of the faceoff circles before you, it's icing and the puck goes all the way back down the ice into the defensive zone of the team who did it. The team that iced the puck also has to keep the same players on the ice. They can't change.

TrueGrime

Back from a long, busy weekend of hockey. Played in an Armed Forces Hockey tourney here in DFW (played on the Marine team). 4 games in 2 days and we came in third. :( It was cool though. I got to watch sled hockey for the first time. Have a new respect for those guys.

Smiley90

Back from a long, busy weekend of hockey. Played in an Armed Forces Hockey tourney here in DFW (played on the Marine team). 4 games in 2 days and we came in third. :( It was cool though. I got to watch sled hockey for the first time. Have a new respect for those guys.

Are you in the Marines?

Oh interesting. I had never even considered that the ability to rocket the puck across the stadium on a whim could dilute the game.

Can players switch out on the fly as many times as they want? How many players on a team?

Marvie_3

Banned
I wish Eddie Olczyk was calling this game so he could tell all the young hockey players out there that thats why its important to keep your stick on the ice

Smiley90

Oh interesting. I had never even considered that the ability to rocket the puck across the stadium on a whim could dilute the game.

Can players switch out on the fly as many times as they want? How many players on a team?

Yes they can - and yes, it'd make for "easy" changes, with icing in place the skaters have to actually try to make a play/skate up/pay attention in order to change and get new skaters on. It makes for more exciting/actual play. And teams have 4 forward lines of 3 forwards (left wing, center, right wing) and 3 defensive lines of 2 defensemen each.

Niiiiiiiice!

Well that seemed like a bullshit call

You're learning! :p

Smiley90

Are you fucking kidding me. Hawks fucking suck. This team could get beat by a fucking team of children.

I'm pretty sure children know how to drink from a bottle.

tumblr_lybcwh0jHr1qdi62h.png

Top Bottom