• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
bo6z6lxceaap3ro8fsx2.jpg

Mully

It's pretty fucked up most leagues price out a lot of fans during the playoffs. In 2009, I paid nearly $1200 in tickets to watch the Yankees during their World Series run. To put that amount in perspective, $500 of that was for bleacher seats for Game 1 of the World Series.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's pretty fucked up most leagues price out a lot of fans during the playoffs. In 2009, I paid nearly $1200 in tickets to watch the Yankees during their World Series run. To put that amount in perspective, $500 of that was for bleacher seats for Game 1 of the World Series.

I could've sold my Game 7 upper bowl tickets in 2011 for 1k+ each, yeah. Crazy. I thankfully only paid 180 each for them through my work at the time, but still.

Calamari41

41 > 38
They're just fucking gated versions of existing tracks mostly. No legitimate arenas.

Damn, that's a shame, but I have hopes for DLC. My buddies and I put dozens upon dozens of hours into Mario Kart arena matches over the years, would be a shame to see them gone.

The importance of tonights game all kind of just hit me at once. Feels like a nuke went off in my stomach.

Yeah I'm gonna start drinking now.

Play Mario Kart instead

64 had the best Battle Mode. We'd camp on top of each section in Block Fort, litter the ramps with peels and fake item boxes, and send green shells bouncing around the ground floor. Then we'd grab a star and attack.

Was so disappointed by the coins in the Wii version.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's actually the first game that has me thinking about a Wii U. Might pull the trigger after E3 if the lineup is strong enough.

What kind of games are you into? I love my Wii U, and if you are into Nintendo style games it has an absolutely amazing library. The first year was rough, but by now there are more than enough games to jump in and enjoy. Plus, you get a free AAA game with Mario Kart when you register it.

Don't make me post a list, because I will.

What kind of games are you into? I love my Wii U, and if you are into Nintendo style games it has an absolutely amazing library. The first year was rough, but by now there are more than enough games to jump in and enjoy. Plus, you get a free AAA game with Mario Kart when you register it.

Don't make me post a list, because I will.

tbh I've played WRPGs almost exclusively since I got out of college. Went back and started playing classics (NWN2, Baldur's Gate, Icewindale, Bloodlines, etc.) and never pulled myself out of it. Was hooked on Mount and Blade for a while, and will always lapse back to Total War at some point. I'll grab stuff like Transistor here or there but otherwise it's just casually replaying older games and waiting on the Kickstarter crop of iso RPGs to cook. And Pokemon. Got a 3DS for my birthday and was hooked for a while.

I was thinking about getting an XBox One to try and get back into gaming since at the very least I'd have it for media/cable if it didn't work out, but I think I can get some solid group usage out of a Wii U if I got one.

Calamari41

41 > 38
tbh I've played WRPGs almost exclusively since I got out of college. Went back and started playing classics (NWN2, Baldur's Gate, Icewindale, Bloodlines, etc.) and never pulled myself out of it. Was hooked on Mount and Blade for a while, and will always lapse back to Total War at some point. I'll grab stuff like Transistor here or there but otherwise it's just casually replaying older games and waiting on the Kickstarter crop of iso RPGs to cook. And Pokemon. Got a 3DS for my birthday and was hooked for a while.

I was thinking about getting an XBox One to try and get back into gaming since at the very least I'd have it for media/cable if it didn't work out, but I think I can get some solid group usage out of a Wii U if I got one.

If you're looking for group usage, Wii U is head and shoulders above anything else. Almost every major game has a local multi-player focus.

Is the new Mario Kart worth the entry price of a Wii U?

If you're into Nintendo style games, I would say yes. You get another one free (out of NSMBU, Pikmin, Wind Waker, and Wii Party U, all great) when you register.

I feel that if you are the type of gamer who is into Mario Kart, you will be happy with the other selections at this point in the Wii U's life, too. Do the research, though, because there are not likely to be a flood of games during the rest of the system's life beyond the usual suspects.

OK Kings, how about you guys win this game please. Take a page from the Rangers and finish this off in 6. I know you guys love to go to Game 7's, but you really don't have to this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
OK Kings, how about you guys win this game please. Take a page from the Rangers and finish this off in 6. I know you guys love to go to Game 7's, but you really don't have to this time.

I disagree. Everybody loves Game 7! We also love overtimes. Three overtimes, please!

Thanks.

Socreges

Banned
E3 will be interesting for Nintendo and the WiiU. If they're killing it, I'll still buy it after a price drop since there are a bunch of games I want. But it'd be nice if they actually announced more support, too.

No idea what they're planning

Socreges

Banned
If you're looking for group usage, Wii U is head and shoulders above anything else. Almost every major game has a local multi-player focus.

If you're into Nintendo style games, I would say yes. You get another one free (out of NSMBU, Pikmin, Wind Waker, and Wii Party U, all great) when you register.

I feel that if you are the type of gamer who is into Mario Kart, you will be happy with the other selections at this point in the Wii U's life, too. Do the research, though, because there are not likely to be a flood of games during the rest of the system's life beyond the usual suspects.
Any idea how long that offer will last for? Presumably at some point they take away that incentive (ie, the free game with MK8)

Nervous as hell.

All of the pressure is on the Kings though. Gotta finish the Hawks tonight. Doubt they want to go to Game 7 against the defending champs at home with a trip to the Finals on the line.

Need to play like we did last game and Crow needs to step up. Sharpie too. Everyone does.

Top Bottom