• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

TrueGrime

From the press conferences:

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 34m
AV asked what he would have said in October if told NYR would be in Cup Final: "In October? Probably would have said what are you smoking?"

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 4m
"I don't know that I've ever been more determined to win a game"- @HLundqvist30, who set #NYR record for most career playoff wins with 42

Can't believe AV taking us to the finals in his first year.

I hope Torts is okay.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
hankwow60aunz.gif

Animal

Banned
Congrats Rangers GAF. Good luck in the finals. I will be cheering for you.

Habs will take the cup home in the next three years. I guarantee it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The biggest advantage the Rangers will have over LA / Chi is their road to the finals has been so much easier and they should be in better shape physically. Philly / Pens / Habs vs Sharks / Ducks / Hawks or Blues / Wild / Kings

I'll say one thing about the west, bunch of arrogant mofos that's for sure.
Rangers are 14-13-1 against the West this year, same the Oilers record against the East for perspective. West plays a much more difficult style then the East.

Congrats Rangers GAF. Good luck in the finals. I will be cheering for you.

Habs will take the cup home in the next three years. I guarantee it.

It'll be the year they fire Therrien.

Dude is basically training them like Goku did when he went to Namek.

Once the shackles are taken off they'll be beasts.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Have you officially predicted a Rangers victory? You can't make fun of others after its all over if you never put it all on the line yourself.

Point of my post was the dislike for presumption of victory. That's usually a downfall. I certainly want the Rangers to win and think they have a shot but im not gonna say they will definitely win. Duh

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tortorella was fired exactly one year ago yesterday, or the day the Rangers moved onto the finals. Amusing to say the least.

On the other hand, much more depressing :

Carcillo finals appearances : 3
Marleau finals appearances: 0

Mentok

Banned
It'll be the year they fire Therrien.

Dude is basically training them like Goku did when he went to Namek.

Once the shackles are taken off they'll be beasts.

Yup, I couldn't agree more.

The big variable for the Rangers/west series will be in net. Either Crawford or Quick will have to outplay Lundqvist. Not saying it can't be done, but don't be expecting King Henry tobe giving up 3 goals a game.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
i want my boys toews to repeat and bring the cup back to winnipeg again, if he repeats he would prob be declared the best Canadian player in the game and captain in a long time.

Giggzy

Fuck the west. Don't want a repeat champ and the kings winning another cup is a horrendous, vomit inducing thought.

Make room, NY. I'm hopping on your bus.

Panzon

I AM NOT A HOCKEY FAN OR ENTHUSIAST AT ALL!!! But holy shit congrats RANGERS fans for making it to the cup!

You shouldn't have been here in the first place but all I ask as a fellow New Yorker, is that you PLEASE enjoy the ride. Win or lose its been a fun playoffs and I'm actually proud to have been following hockey for the first time in my life. Great Fucking run guys!

Good luck in the Stanley Cup!!!!

Hawks/Kings are better teams and have SCF experience. I just don't see them being THAT good to beat Hank under 6-7 games unless Rangers collapse. But again this is hockey where anything can happen. Should be a fun long series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I made this post back on June 21 of last year when AV and Tortorella were both hired to their new teams:

AV to Rangers, Torts to Nucks is setting up a perfect storm scenario.

See you in June for our little 20 year reunion series, Canucks-GAF.

SOMEBODY didn't keep their end of the bargain. :|

Tabris

Well it's a shame but at least Vancouver has a chance again to be the team to bring Stanley Cup back to Canada.

Prediction is still the same - Chicago beats NY Rangers to win the Stanley Cup.

Just getting the score over here.

Habs-GAF, great series and you should be proud of your squad.

Rangers-GAF, it's been 20 years. Not sure how we're making it through the next one but one game at a time.

Edit: oh, and in the parlance of the great Howie Rose - AND THE RANGERS HAVE ONE MORE HILL TO CLIMB BABY!

Calamari41

41 > 38
That crushed knee and smashed head magic.

Last night I commented on that to my sister's "huge Kings fan" boyfriend (who I have never heard mention hockey before) and he legitimately thought I was trying to compliment him and his team.

This kind of thing doesn't work with them.

Top Bottom