• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
Can someone explain what happened when the US took a penalty when it was 3 on 3? I don't understand how there was only 39 seconds on that powerplay.

Also, those were some shit calls. Hopefully that doesn't happen tomorrow.

eyeless

Eat shit Canada. Can't wait to send your pathetic excuse of a men's hockey team home tomorrow as well. You'll always be in America's shadow.
iCbXHGBXvTuMy.gif

I'm disappointed. Team USA had it locked down until the end of the 3rd and they just let it slip away (with a little help from the refs at the end there).

And tomorrow we crush the US men team for massive damage

That would be too sweet.

I feel bad for Julie Chu, total waifu material.
Holy shit Chan and Moir going HAM in the crowd.

First time that any team has gone 4 in a row golds in any sport ever. Canadian Female hockey is legend.

Dragon

Banned
Dem salty tears! That should've been a penalty shot at the end so the refs actually let one go.

In order for it to be a penalty shot, it would have had to be a penalty, but if you looked at the replay, you would have seen that the Canadian skater just fell down. There wasn't any contact.

The calls were bullshit and the Canadians got extremely lucky.

Hari Seldon

US team deserves to fucking lose after that epic fucking choke job. Holy fuck that was god damn terrible. Can't get too mad about it being that I watch maybe 1 female hockey game every 4 years.

Trey

I'm glad the Canadians can enjoy boisterous tribalism after all. I really tire about hearing how Americans are uniquely sore winners.

Enjoy your day, your gals bought you some boastfulness.

Blader

Really disappointing finish, but the USA completely choked.

Emerick making some weird comments about women crying on NBC right now :lol

calder

840048619.gif

Down Goes Brown@DownGoesBrown 7 mins
It's going to be weird to sit my daughter down tonight and explain that her name is Poulin now.

Bg8T4hOIUAAO0OC.jpg

Damn, crazy game. I honestly thought that Canada could not possibly steal another gold but I'm thrilled to be wrong.

And grats to the Smellies' on their women's bronze.

Jachaos

WHAT AN ENDING

That ref butt-checking our girl on point and the puck going down and hitting the empty net's post was so scary too

WE WIN

YES

pestul

Don't kid yourselves, any ref would have called a penalty on that breakaway.. just 99/100 would have made it a penalty shot (which may have actually worked out better for the US).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom