• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akim

Banned
I'm American, live in Vancouver, don't care about hockey, but I'd like to see some dreams get crushed. USA USA USA USA USA!

MutFox

Banned
I'm American, live in Vancouver, don't care about hockey, but I'd like to see some dreams get crushed. USA USA USA USA USA!

Good thing we beat the US in Vancouver for gold. Felt good.
And before that we beat the US on their home soil in Salt Lake for gold. Felt good too...

Winning in Russia is cool, but those two,
well you'll have to wait a while before you can get that type of revenge... :)

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

I'm Canadian and I live in Denver. I still care about hockey and there are people in my office who do as well (who are cheering for the US) and we're trying to figure out how to watch the game on CBC. We might go with a unblock-us solution.

Love living here in Denver, but my roots want to have the US hockey dreams crushed twice.

CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA

Firestorm

I'm Canadian and I live in Denver. I still care about hockey and there are people in my office who do as well (who are cheering for the US) and we're trying to figure out how to watch the game on CBC. We might go with a unblock-us solution.

Love living here in Denver, but my roots want to have the US hockey dreams crushed twice.

CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA

Maybe try Hola?
https://hola.org/

Just saw this :/ Then I realized all three of them are quality goalies and it should be fine. I wonder if Rask will get better in time for the finals?
Lehtonen is great, but a forced change is almost never good.

As for the final i can only see two scenarios:

1. Lehtonen has a tough game: you will miss the final.
2. Lehtonen is good: he will be in net for the final if you reach it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm so torn about this game. On one hand, I wish Norisson success in all his future endeavors, on the other I wish Traitorsson failure in all his future endeavors :S

pringles

ЯAW;101706044 said:
Venue isn't even half full :/ I can hear the crickets chirp.
Salty russians staying home.

Good start for Sweden but Finnish PP could be dangerous. No more offensive zone penalties please.

MBR

Banned
Are we trying to lose this game?
Both of those penalties were horrible as fuck, what were they thinking?

Thank god Lundquist is looking stable in the net.

ЯAW

Banned
Lundvist is god among goalies (at least in this tournament) and I can feel he will save Sweden. Oh, and so far this match doesn't feel like real Swe vs. Fin match.

KAOz

Short bus special
ЯAW;101707217 said:
Lundvist is god among goalies (at least in this tournament) and I can feel he will save Sweden. Oh, and so far this match doesn't feel like real Swe vs. Fin match.

I agree. Where is the real tension? The bitterness? The alcoholfueled rage?

We have to step this up.

repeater

Sweden's performance was the best since the first period again CZE. I had this down as an easy victory for Finland, but now we might actually have a game on our hands. Very entertaining so far.

ЯAW

Banned
Eh, Finland has had some dangerous chances for sure, but overall I think it looks really good for Sweden.

Finland had their chance. If you don't make goals from those situations then you won't make goals at all. "Not at all" is hyberbole but with this kind of game you are not going to beat Sweden.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Sweden's performance was the best since the first period again CZE. I had this down as an easy victory for Finland, but now we might actually have a game on our hands. Very entertaining so far.

Easy victory for Finland? Why would anyone think that? Just because they beat that mess of a Russian team? Sweden is objectively the better team, let's see if they show it now.

I'm going to try to bury my head in the sand at work and watch the game of games when I get home...but I know someone's going to make an offhand remark and ruin everything.

Ugh...will have to do the same for the bronze medal game (only time I could take a CPR recert class) but I'll at least be able to watch the gold live.

repeater

Easy victory for Finland? Why would anyone think that? Just because they beat that mess of a Russian team? Sweden is objectively the better team, let's see if they show it now.
Because Finland have been looking really good for the whole tournament (the game against Russia only being one part of that) whereas we have been underperforming radically since the first period against the Czechs. Going into this game, Finland had been looking objectively much better than us. So this is a positive surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom