• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Because Finland have been looking really good for the whole tournament (the game against Russia only being one part of that) whereas we have been underperforming radically since the first period against the Czechs. Going into this game, Finland had been looking objectively much better than us. So this is a positive surprise.

This is also the first game since the first that Sweden has faced a proper challenge (well, the Swiss aren't bad per se either, but still). It's no surprise that they haven't played their best hockey against the likes of Latvia and Slovenia.

I think sweden started very well, and looked like a lot stronger team, but its Finland we are playing so its a very up and down team imo, at the moment they are getting better chances and sweden cant seem to score on theirs... we will see what happens now after 1-0 finland if sweden picks up the slack and starts producing even more.

UberTag

Finland has been super-consistent all playoffs but I can't help but feel that Rask being out is a break for the Swedes. Lehtonen has been solid so far. And now they've got themselves a lead.

Olli "sexy beast" Jokinen.

image.php

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sweden really needs to turn it up now because the Finns will be clamping down and playing the neutral zone trap.

KAOz

Short bus special
Shit.

Come the fuck on Sweden, step it up.

That was tense as hell though, even if one could see from a mile away that it was a legit goal.

repeater

This is also the first game since the first that Sweden has faced a proper challenge (well, the Swiss aren't bad per se either, but still). It's no surprise that they haven't played their best hockey against the likes of Latvia and Slovenia.
Right, so Sweden's status was completely unpredictable on the basis of these games. At the same time, Finland have been performing great against both Canada and Russia. I'd bet on the team with the latter kind of track record any day of the week, even though it's certainly always a logical POSSIBILITY that the underperforming team will somehow wake up (as they seem to have done now, but let's see how it goes now that we're chasing with one goal down..).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom