• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
wYOhPpB.png

I hope he didn't mean Molson
Send that fucker a case of Natty Ice if we lose.

It doesn't look like Knight pulled her jersey, I think it was just a weird ripple as Wickenheiser falls down. You can watch the whole game again on CBC's website. There's a slow mo replay of the penalty while the refs and coaches are talking.

I think the butt end of Knights stick got caught up in the hem of the jersey as she went down. The jersey moves but it doesn't look like Knights hands come off her stick.

ZZMitch

If it came off like I was saying all Canadian fans are like that I apologize.

I just hear that type of stuff from Canadian students on campus and on facebook and stuff like that. Babcock's book was atrocious in that respect. Every other page mentioned a birthright or destiny or some other bs.

I go to school in Toronto... you do not want to see my facebook/twitter feed. I am going to make some serious enemies if the US can win tomorrow!

If I have to see #wearewinter or #thisisourgame one more time...

Yeah there are. Where did all of these douchebag Canadians come from? Soc is bad enough usually :(

Definitely some Americans in here doing the same too. Where are all you hockey experts during the NHL season? :p
Watching the Canes, which is usually followed by heavily drinking

The women's game has made me bitter. I will sacrifice whatever is necessary to the ice gods so that revenge may be enacted tomorrow. Salt must flow from the north.

Garth Snow needs to STFU. His team is already trash. Losing Tavares sucks ass but it wont have any bearing on where the Isles end up by the end of the season.

Ottawa got fucked in 2006 when they lost a Vezina calibre Hasek in the Olympics and got fucked in the playoffs. Didn't see anyone whining then.

iLLmAtlc

IMO how the team is doing is besides the point.

I think he has a pretty legitimate beef because the IOC keeps all of the money even though the players are a huge part of the hockey attraction, and it creates all of the risk but is not responsible for any of it. IMO that is unfair.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Garth Snow needs to STFU. His team is already trash. Losing Tavares sucks ass but it wont have any bearing on where the Isles end up by the end of the season..

seriously

they are 12 points out of a playoff spot and everyone else in the east except for toronto has games in hand

they weren't going to win 22 games in a row and even a 75% winning percentage over the rest of the season would only get them 7th place if all current point paces remained static

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
IMO how the team is doing is besides the point.

I think he has a pretty legitimate beef because the IOC keeps all of the money even though the players are a huge part of the hockey attraction, and it creates all of the risk but is not responsible for any of it. IMO that is unfair.

The contract for tavares is insured, though. The type of injury would not really raise premiums, either.

Garth Snow only has to worry about the roster, not the finances.

Blader

Yeah there are. Where did all of these douchebag Canadians come from? Soc is bad enough usually :(

Definitely some Americans in here doing the same too. Where are all you hockey experts during the NHL season? :p

I'd probably post more (or at all) in NHL GAF if it weren't in community.

calder

I'm Canadian, born in Toronto, living in Vancouver

I want USA to win sooooo badly

Don cherry gonna stroke out for the world to see

Well I think I've identified your problem right there. :(

Gotta get back up to speed, NHL is back in a week and the shit talking has to be in stretch-drive form from day one. Oh man, 12 games next Thursday... gonna be fucking awesome

calder

image.php

"I'm sorry, but we've done all we can do. The Canucks season is on a ventilator and we're not sure it will ever wake up, so I suggest you pray for a peaceful death and maybe a firesale. Mr Higgins, do you think any of the 30 players on the roster with a NMC will agree to waive?"

Ah what am I saying, the Canucks will probably be fine after the break. And I'm increasingly sure whatever crazy mojo Maurice had working before the Olympics will be long gone and the Jets will slide right back out of the playoff race in a week, but for a tiny bit it was fun to dream. Next year is looking up though, Shuffles and Trouba are legit and all summer long I can at least imagine the team will buy out Pavelec's awful contract and find some beer league goalie to do the exact same job but at minimum wage.

Hunter S.

NHL can't come back soon enough. So excited for this last stretch of the season.

Yeah, fuck Olympic medals that are one game elimination like football. The lack of one game elimination is what makes playoff nhl hockey so great.

This response is partly out of bitterness of the Canadian Women's team lucking their way to gold on another choke by the US women.

calder

Yeah, fuck Olympic medals that are one game elimination like football. The lack of one game elimination is what makes playoff nhl hockey so great.

This response is partly out of bitterness of the Canadian Women's team lucking their way to gold on another choke by the US women.

If Canada loses tomorrow in what will basically be the flip of a coin I'll feel the exact same. If human's were better at rationally weighing odds and recognizing the vast role variance plays in most human endeavors we would definitely like sports less. A team sport like hockey determining the right to play in the finals with a one game elimination is basically random chance dressed up in whatever narrative you choose.

Er, but whatever GO CANADA. And go Suomi too! <3 Teemu, <3 Olli

Can't wait for Team Kessel to finish off this listless Canadian team.

The team's proper name is 'Phil Kessel and the Americans'.

If Canada loses tomorrow in what will basically be the flip of a coin I'll feel the exact same. If human's were better at rationally weighing odds and recognizing the vast role variance plays in most human endeavors we would definitely like sports less. A team sport like hockey determining the right to play in the finals with a one game elimination is basically random chance dressed up in whatever narrative you chose.

The teams proper name is 'Phil Kessel and the Americans'.

I'll be passing this off as my thoughts. Just so you know.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Canada loses tomorrow in what will basically be the flip of a coin I'll feel the exact same. If human's were better at rationally weighing odds and recognizing the vast role variance plays in most human endeavors we would definitely like sports less. A team sport like hockey determining the right to play in the finals with a one game elimination is basically random chance dressed up in whatever narrative you chose.

Did Freud teach you this stuff when you went to university or sth?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe the amount of people getting sensitive about the salt being tossed around. This is the internet dudes, everything is turned up to 11.

Amazing how this game came down to a few inches. First the puck off the post, then when the American goalie chose to peek left instead of right around the screen.

Can't believe the amount of people getting sensitive about the salt being tossed around. This is the internet dudes, everything is turned up to 11.

Amazing how this game came down to a few inches. First the puck off the post, then when the American goalie chose to peek left instead of right around the screen.

We all like to remember things in our own way I guess

Trey

If Canada loses tomorrow in what will basically be the flip of a coin I'll feel the exact same. If human's were better at rationally weighing odds and recognizing the vast role variance plays in most human endeavors we would definitely like sports less. A team sport like hockey determining the right to play in the finals with a one game elimination is basically random chance dressed up in whatever narrative you choose.

lol

Go USA.

ZZMitch

Everything feels so... meaningless. Now I see why Mr. Awesome has contempt for Canada my life is ruined!!

Hunter S.

Someone must be studying statistics recently. Well, it would be random chance more often if the standard deviation of performance is high. In most good teams, I think it is safe to assume the deviation is small, otherwise wins would be less common during regular season making a team less likely to make the playoffs/ elimination rounds in the first place.

Do a a statistical study, brah. We want data and results. By tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom