• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Let me get this straight: one camera angle shows a penalty and the other one doesn't, so clearly the one that doesn't is right and the one that does is an optical illusion?

That camera angle you keep showing is from the side. There's no possible way to tell if those skates are hitting in that view. None. Even if you go to NBC's site to find the replay from behind they cut it from the footage for what reason I don't know.

Again, it's all meaningless if the Americans don't blow a late 2-goal lead, which they did.

That camera angle you keep showing is from the side. There's no possible way to tell if those skates are hitting in that view. None. Even if you go to NBC's site to find the replay from behind they cut it from the footage for what reason I don't know.

Again, it's all meaningless if the Americans don't blow a late 2-goal lead, which they did.

This is a truly powerful state of denial. I'm not going to be able to reason you out of a position you didn't reason yourself into, so have fun with that.

SyRRbXx.png

You were saying...

You were saying...

Plus, why would the American skater fall if there was no contact between the legs BUT WHATEVER TIME TO LET IT GO! WE WON! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Socreges

Banned
On that Nash goal, one thing I'd never noticed is how Malkin could have definitely prevented it if he'd just skated as hard.

But nope.

My only issue if the Canadians would win would be all of the entitled Canadian fans who think it's "their game" it's their "right" to win and all that other bullshit.

It's why I put Babcock's book down less than two chapters in. It's why I extremely detest Babcock now.

Entitled pricks.

But it doesn't matter cuz dem Minnesota bois are going to lead USA to victory! (JVR is an honorary Minnesota boi because he lives here now)

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/20/islanders-gm-garth-snow-furious-over-john-tavares-olympic-injury

Garth Snow is pissed about the Tavares injury.
"Are the IIHF or IOC going to reimburse our season ticket holders now?"

Tavares injury was awful. But Isles mgt was furious over Okposo not making USA. Now ripping IOC. Can't have it both ways.

Retweeted by Pronman earlier today. If it's true(which it was from some media guy in New York), I can't say I feel bad. If they wanted Okposo to go so bad but are then freaking out about an injury then I simply can't feel anything either way about it. It sucks, sure, but whatever. Get over it, Isles Management. I feel for the fans though.

LNBL

This will either be the USA or Canada tomorrow

MvtoYQL.gif

Should be an awesome game!
(Saving this gif for a future disappointing hype announcement)

Apparently everyone in Canada is Don Cherry

If it came off like I was saying all Canadian fans are like that I apologize.

I just hear that type of stuff from Canadian students on campus and on facebook and stuff like that. Babcock's book was atrocious in that respect. Every other page mentioned a birthright or destiny or some other bs.

My only issue if the Canadians would win would be all of the entitled Canadian fans who think it's "their game" it's their "right" to win and all that other bullshit.

It's why I put Babcock's book down less than two chapters in. It's why I extremely detest Babcock now.

Entitled pricks.

If you beat us it makes the Win all that much sweeter. Do better, don't cry.

3N16MA

Banned
SyRRbXx.png

You were saying...

Well there it is.

I'm still not sure what Plinko is getting at. Even if you go with his theory that there was contact from the back and not at the skate the outcome is still the same. You can't make contact from the back that causes a player to go down on a breakaway. Knight made no play for the puck but came in contact with Wickenheiser.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
All I know is I have all this salt and no one to direct it at cause I don't give much of a fuck about the olympics. Do not corner a madman, Smelly.

what a dick.

Somewhere between my own history of embarassing chronic illnesses and the fact that I offered to help pay for his treatment I hoped people would realize I wouldn't be such a dick.

Apologies.

calder

I'm already too anxious to do anything productive...

Yeah tomorrow is going to be a shit day at work. Unless Canada is getting pumped, in which case I'm sure I'll get a weeks worth of work done in a tear filled meltdown.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. Nothing irritates me more than the "our game" bullshit, except perhaps the godawful smug and jingoistic commercials we have to suffer through during times like this. Tim Hortons can fuck right off any day now, get a new (awful) schtick please god, I'm actually ashamed by some of the ads I see on TV jesus christ.

One of the many terrible offshoots of Canadian hockey exceptionalism is the attitude of non-serious hockey fans in this country during the Olympics. Sure it's great that plenty of people who don't really follow hockey get wrapped up in the Olympics, but why do so many of them have attitudes about international game right out of 1970? Dude, just because YOU don't watch hockey doesn't mean that every nation other than Canada and Russia still sucks and it's a shocker if Canada doesn't win every game by 10 goals. Frankly, there's more than a few guys like that in this thread. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Somewhere between my own history of embarassing chronic illnesses and the fact that I offered to help pay for his treatment I hoped people would realize I wouldn't be such a dick.

Apologies.

A salty dick.

Anyways, I'm off to shower and bed. There ain't no way work is getting done tomorrow. Hell, my boss was watching the women's game. And it kinda sucked since our stream kept stuttering, but then they got the penalty and we hurried up to the lunchroom where there's a TV. Just so happens as SOON as we get to the door we hear a large scream and miss the golden goal :(

Replays were glorious though!

Acid08

Banned
One of the many terrible offshoots of Canadian hockey exceptionalism is the attitude of non-serious hockey fans in this country during the Olympics. Sure it's great that plenty of people who don't really follow hockey get wrapped up in the Olympics, but why do so many of them have attitudes about international game right out of 1970? Dude, just because YOU don't watch hockey doesn't mean that every nation other than Canada and Russia still sucks and bit's a shocker if Canada doesn't win every game by 10 goals. Frankly, there's more than a few guys like that in this thread. :p
Yeah there are. Where did all of these douchebag Canadians come from? Soc is bad enough usually :(

Definitely some Americans in here doing the same too. Where are all you hockey experts during the NHL season? :p

Kazerei

Banned
Is there not the full version of this in slow mo? I swear she pulls the jersey on the way down too.

Man oh man...if the men lose tomorrow we may all get strokes tomorrow.

It doesn't look like Knight pulled her jersey, I think it was just a weird ripple as Wickenheiser falls down. You can watch the whole game again on CBC's website. There's a slow mo replay of the penalty while the refs and coaches are talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom