• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

Third period was pretty boring. The people who before the game told me that Finland's squad was too thin (with all the injuries and whatnot) were right. They did not have enough bite today, not even close.

So we're in the finals. Pretty surreal, after this weak tournament. Still, the first two periods today were the best so far. So maybe there is a slight chance.

Good on Sweden. Hope this lights a fire under Bergie's ass when he's back in STL.

I look forward to reading all the complaints about Petro and Bouw not taking the Norris quality risks to make up for a lack of forward scoring after watching the DVR of US Canada later.

Blader

Still sticking with my Sweden/USA prediction for the finals.

Only caught with the last period, didn't seem terribly exciting but maybe I'm still riding off the high of yesterday's women's game. :lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Fuck. Such a shame so many key players couldn't be there.

Deserved win for Sweden. Finland squad lacking big players and it showed.

And that was like the worst Swe - Fin game I remember ever seeing.

It's not like Sweden has the best possible team either, we lost some really significant players before the tournament started. Guess we just had more really good ones left to still be better.

antipod

Finally I can watch a game on TV again after the initial czech game. Damn games always during working hours.

And watching Sweden play a final is much much more fun than a bronze game. Go Sweden!

Still proud of my team. With all those injuries we lost semifinal with one goal margin. For gods sake we had three players from finnish league. Before tournament no one gave us any chance for medal games and back then we had still Koivu, Filppula and Barkov in our roster. Now bring that bronze home.

Still proud of my team. With all those injuries we lost semifinal with one goal margin. For gods sake we had three players from finnish league. Before tournament no one gave us any chance for medal games and back then we had still Koivu, Filppula and Barkov in our roster. Now bring that bronze home.

Gotta commend Finland here. They battled through the worst injuries in the entire tournament and made it to the Semis.

At least they have an extremely bright future. Sure, by the next Olympics they might lose guys like Saku and Selanne but Granlund, Barkov, and Maata are going to hopefully/probably develop into pretty darn good players by then. They have some promising young guys who could be depth players in a few years at the International level, like Teravainen, Armia, Markus Granlund, and so on.

Great tournament so far for them.

Gotta commend Finland here. They battled through the worst injuries in the entire tournament and made it to the Semis.

At least they have an extremely bright future. Sure, by the next Olympics they might lose guys like Saku and Selanne but Granlund, Barkov, and Maata are going to hopefully/probably develop into pretty darn good players by then. They have some promising young guys who could be depth players in a few years at the International level, like Teravainen, Armia, Markus Granlund, and so on.

Great tournament so far for them.

Yeah. Definitely future looks more bright than for example four years ago after vancouver. We have gotten our junior program back on track and there has been several first round drafts. Then you combine this with our harder than steel teamplay and we can win any international tournament.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
tumblr_m10sqfoq081qj8navo6_r1_500.gif

Surprisingly Sweden once again had the easiest road to semis though lol. Happens always (2002 and 2010 you still blew it though). Still predicting that US takes rather easy gold though if they just win today. Only team that has played really well so far (well considering the material we finns also have played at our limits).

dem

Should be an entertaining game at least..

too bad I have to work.. which wouldn't be a problem usually as i sit in front of a computer all day...

But no.. not today. Today I have to sit through HR touchy feely nonsense.

How's everyone feeling today?
LIKE A DAMN PROUD AMERICAN

I know this is the time every 4 years where Canada is relevant, but fuck them. USA! USA! USA.

USA BROS STAND UP FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

USA USA USA USA

zroid

Banned
I can't 100% predict my emotional state 4 hours from now, but expect I won't be salty with a loss given how strong the US team has looked (not to mention JVR and Kessel beasting). Probably would be a bit salty if the game is lost due to bad officiating.

Heretic

LIKE A DAMN PROUD AMERICAN

I know this is the time every 4 years where Canada is relevant, but fuck them. USA! USA! USA.

USA BROS STAND UP FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

USA USA USA USA
QFT!!!

USA! USA! USA!

Trey

Man, these meek and polite sentiments by the Canadians here are killing my buzz. Get hyped, get nationalistic. This is probably the match of the tournament.

Let's go America, fuck yeah! Avenge our fallen sisters.

pestul

Man, these meek and polite sentiments by the Canadians here are killing my buzz. Get hyped, get nationalistic. This is probably the match of the tournament.

Let's go America, fuck yeah! Avenge our fallen sisters.

I'll apologize after we beat your asses again today then..

This Olympics has been a better argument against adopting the big ice than anything an the NHL or a North American rink owner could come up with. IIHF really, really needs to consider changing this at the next Olympics.

And today, whoever wins gets to beat up on those snow-eating convicts come Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom