• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

Did you see the rest of the team? Defensemen turning the puck over in their own end sloppily all the time?

Oh yeah, that's a true story. But I didn't think Kane did anything remotely spectacular. Aside from making some pretty poor decisions and getting squeezed out by Canada's d (admittedly they're studs, but yeah).

Eat shit Canada. You guys have looked absolutely horrific this tournament. A one goal game with fucking Latvia???? Lololololol. USA should be able to sleep walk to a victory. Anything short of a 3 goal win will be very disappointing.

zVw5q6l.gif

Dragon

Banned
Lol

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KNOCK KNOCK, WHO'S THERE, SHUTOUT IN YOUR FACE

C'mon, you can do better than this!

Oh yeah, that's a true story. But I didn't think Kane did anything remotely spectacular. Aside from making some pretty poor decisions and getting squeezed out by Canada's d (admittedly they're studs, but yeah).

Perhaps it was just a relative thing compared to the rest of the team. I mean I got excited when Wheeler skated up the ice. They just didn't have the puck offensively enough to sustain pressure.

zroid

Banned
The only salt I'm seeing quoted is from days-old Mr.Awesome posts :lol

Looks like everyone agrees it was a great match. I'm happy.

Acid08

Banned
Looked lazy? He was all over the place.
Yeah he was drifting on the right side. Then drifting on the left side. Then drifting up the middle. Then losing the puck trying to stick handle.
Honestly Kesler was the biggest problem on that line though. He looked like shit out there.

Sens-gaf, I'm happy Canada is going to the finals, but now we're going against Karlsson. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL!

It sucks but I feel better knowing Dustin Brown won't be going for his knees.

lol @ Mr.Not-So-Awesome

GG USA, never underestimate the beaver.

Sweden is going to be fucking tough.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, frustrating as hell. Hopefully we can salvage a medal tomorrow. Finland won't be easy.

Canada deserved to win. They controlled things almost the whole way, and our forwards could never get settled down in the offensive zone. I had a feeling that today would be the day Canada got their shit together. Annoying to be right.

GO SWEDEN!

JABEE

I thought Kane had that one great PowerPlay and he created as much offense as he could on even-strength. It was tough to find any passing lanes and there was no space for USA's players in front of the net. It may not have been great for USA, but Kessel and Kane played like they were the best forwards on Team USA.

If Kane was on Team Canada, he would have had some points to show for today's efforts.

kmax

Eat shit Canada. You guys have looked absolutely horrific this tournament. A one goal game with fucking Latvia???? Lololololol. USA should be able to sleep walk to a victory. Anything short of a 3 goal win will be very disappointing.

your-tears-are-delicious.jpg

I'm not even Canadian.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I love how it's totally acceptable to drop everything and watch a hockey (or soccer) match in the workplace or at school, lol. I love this country.

Good game.

Stay salty shug. <3
This is where you post a battle against those hockey player enemies in Galbadia Garden, Wazzy. Missed opportunity.

Boogdud

Shame Zetterberg is hurt, I would have liked to have seen him bind Crosby's panties up like he always does.

I kind of expect the same type of matchup vs Sweden. I don't think Sweden has the juice to beat this Canadian team. Well let me rephrase that, I don't think anyone has a chance against that D.

JABEE

Yeah he was drifting on the right side. Then drifting on the left side. Then drifting up the middle. Then losing the puck trying to stick handle.
Honestly Kesler was the biggest problem on that line though. He looked like shit out there.
That I can agree with.

This is what I love about Olympic hockey and USA soccer teams. It is no sure thing that they will be victorious in their pursuit of gold. Makes it that much more meaningful. Now I am into the womens Olympic hockey, so gives me another set to watch in four years. Good gaming and congrats to the fn Canadians. Now I know how the Canadian women's soccer team felt.

Dragon

Banned
The only salt I'm seeing quoted is from days-old Mr.Awesome posts :lol

Looks like everyone agrees it was a great match. I'm happy.

No reasonable hockey fan is going to argue that the US deserved to win this game so yeah, makes sense to go back to what a dickish dude said a day or so ago.

AcridMeat

Banned
Was surprised the lines weren't shuffled.

You could see Kesler's stink lines infecting Kane's play, causing him to coast, hoping that maybe he won't have to sit next to him next time on the bench.

Boogdud

Was surprised the lines weren't shuffled.

You could see Kesler's stink lines infecting Kane's play, causing him to coast, hoping that maybe he won't have to sit next to him next time on the bench.

I still can't believe they never shuffled US lines. How badly does it have to go to change things up? Did Bylsma think we'd test new lines in game 2? Or wait until game 3 for home ice advantage?

Solo

I would love to think that the gold medal game will FINALLY be the game where Canada's big guns bust out and light up the scoreboard.........but with Price/Lundqvist in there, goals are definitely going to be at a premium. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom