• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

sant

image.php

As an easterner you are in no position to talk about media bias

Spl1nter

Are there any advantage/continuation rules?

Yes, If a player commits a penalty, play is not stopped until the team from which the player committed the penalty gains control of the puck or the puck goes out of play. This results in the other team pulling their goalie to have an extra attacker. If the team scores during this time of advantage it negates the penalty.

Yes, If a player commits a penalty, play is not stopped until the team from which the player committed the penalty gains control of the puck or the puck goes out of play. This results in the other team pulling their goalie to have an extra attacker. If the team scores during this time of advantage it negates the penalty.

Thanks, really like that the keeper enters play.

The Czech missed way too many potential 4-3's

Kak.efes

Holy shit, Teemu Selanne still plays hockey? I was a kid when I used to trade his hockey cards. Is he any good, or just a fossil at this point in his career?

Acid08

Banned
Holy shit, Teemu Selanne still plays hockey? I was a kid when I used to trade his hockey cards. Is he any good, or just a fossil at this point in his career?

He's decent but he took a big step back this season. Before the season started he said this one is going to be his last.

Stasis

Is there a site for active boxscoring on these games?

All the ones I've checked just show schedule, or current score. I want details.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious, are the goalies still wearing NHL-spec pads or did they go back to the regular sizes from last year?

They are allowed to use bigger pads for the Olympics. I know Lundqvist is wearing his NHL-regulation size pads, though. He says he actually likes the smaller ones more, so that's what he's using.

patapuf

What an ugly game that was, but at least we won... Feel sorry for lativa though. Own goal with 7 seconds left feels reaally bad.

Parch

Maybe I'm a victim of olympic hockey hype, but I thought that game was pretty damn good. There's going to be prelim blowouts, but we're going to get some really good hockey in this tournament.

IMO, NHL pros in the tourney makes men's hockey the most elite olympic event, both winter and summer olympics.

They are allowed to use bigger pads for the Olympics. I know Lundqvist is wearing his NHL-regulation size pads, though. He says he actually likes the smaller ones more, so that's what he's using.

Yeah I figured that would be the case. I'd imagine going from bigger pads to smaller pads after the Olympics would screw the goalies up.

This year has been harder (age is doing its thing) but big ice should negate some of that. More time and space and the game will not be as physical as in NHL. He has still world class gift for making goals.

calder

Maybe I'm a victim of olympic hockey hype, but I thought that game was pretty damn good. There's going to be prelim blowouts, but we're going to get some really good hockey in this tournament.

IMO, NHL pros in the tourney makes men's hockey the most elite olympic event, both winter and summer olympics.

Co-signed. Good game and just a hint of the awesome to come.

I've said it before but the 2010 Olympics had 4 or 5 of the best hockey games I've ever seen. Just a fantastic level of play from almost all the countries involved, I can't wait to see some of the random round robin/qualification round games that end up more exciting than any medal round.

yyzjohn

Banned
Luongo started Game 1 in Vancouver.

This. There's no guarantee that Price is the starter because he's starting game 1. There's a theory out there that Babcock might be trying to get Luongo into a groove by playing him Friday and then the next game is Sunday vs. Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom