• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McKenzie and LeBrun both think the Price will be the #1 guy once this really gets going. The USA is playing Brown on the first line too apparently, are they hoping he injures other countries top lines?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
McKenzie and LeBrun both think the Price will be the #1 guy once this really gets going. The USA is playing Brown on the first line too apparently, are they hoping he injures other countries top lines?

If they put up Brown-Kesler-Kane that line's gonna wreck havoc everywhere on the ice.

Red_Man

I'd think having Brown out there against other teams top lines on the big ice would be a disadvantage.

Blader

Lttp but Sweden/Czech game was surprisingly interesting, shame they allowed so many goals before putting up a fight.

Gonna be a good tournament.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What's the purpose of the goal not being unmovable? Seems like it just gives goalies an extra opportunity to stop play.

Edit: How shitty are these Czech goalies?

821186597.gif

Curufinwe

Love this tweet. More hockey writers should call out that self serving creep.

@billmeltzer: Pierre having fun mocking Czech coach, since kissing his butt would be of no name-dropping benefit.

McKenzie made some comments earlier today implying that player management was manipulated by politics.

Yea Im guessing some heavy pressure from the KHL. How do you start a KHL goalie against top flight NHLers? No disrespect to the KHL, but the talent level just isn't there. No Neuvirth, Kindl, Vrbata, Hudler...they deserve to lose.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
looking more into this Czech team, these player choices are mindbogglingly stupid.

Yea Im guessing some heavy pressure from the KHL. How do you start a KHL goalie against top flight NHLers? No disrespect to the KHL, but the talent level just isn't there. No Neuvirth, Kindl, Vrbata, Hudler...they deserve to lose.

No kidding. Even those who were nominated are mismanaged. Michalek&Hemsky played 7mins.

Red_Man

Bob McKenzie said:
something is going on with the Czech team and it has to do with player selection and usage due to politics.....Kaberle and Berenka over Polak and Hejda? Nedved and Novotny over Hudler and Vrbata? Then they hardly played Hemsky
Must feel pretty shitty for guys like Hudler who should obviously be there, to be left off for stupid reasons like this.

zroid

Banned
Coach's Corner today was great. Don Cherry not only fawning over an entire team, but an entire team of women. Doesn't get any better than that.

Well, it's just the one game, so we might have just been seeing the Czech coaches play the KHL guys so they could find out what they had.

Socreges

Banned
US Lines vs. SVK
Parise-Backes-Callahan
Brown-Kesler-Kane
JVR-Pavelski-Kessel
Pacioretty-Stastny-Oshie
Never has a forward line been formed where each player hated the other so much.

Really good lines. Thankfully Canada's are even better.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Is there any streams I could use to watch the games on the net? I am in Japan and they do not show hockey.
Mainly Finnish games but any broadcast would work as I can use radio to "overdub" with finnish.

calder

Seen this image a few times last few days before Price was announced as game 1 starter... and I'm sure we'll see it again.

price_luongoows1l.jpg

It's just perfect. Every news editor with a story about the Team Canada goalie decision wanted a good pic of both guys together, ideally a photo with some side-eye or both guys looking the other way, you know something that looked like some Othello shit might be going down. ;)

calder

Shocking start lol.

Why do I have to watch this on my iPad? Why isn't this on TV?! Common CBC surely you don't need a full goddamn HOUR of interviews with figure skaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom