• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

So who are the stars on the Czech and Swedish teams?

Depends how you classify star players, I would say these are the key players for each team. Sweden is a lot deeper team. There defense is really good. Czechs left off two good players in Hudler and Vrbata.

Czechs
Jagr
Elias
Krejci
Voracek
Plekanec

Sweden
Lundqvist
Ekman-Larsson
Karlsson
Backstrom
Zetterberg
Sedin

Parch

CBC + Sportsnet covering the hockey feels pretty natural. Get used to it.

Couple of missing pieces on Sweden, but that's still a strong team. They always seem to adjust easily for these international tournaments and do well.

Socreges

Banned
Oh my.

It's Prices to lose.

The price is right.
FYI, Luongo started Game 1 in Vancouver. Brodeur got Games 2 and 3, and lost the net after losing to the US.

Wouldn't be surprised at this point if they're preferring Price if they're going to put a lot of weight on the last couple weeks, but that's obviously not the whole argument.

There are a lot of Price fans where I live in British Columbia.The guy was born near here and used to play in the local hockey team in my hometown. Pretty awesome that he will be playing in the first game at the Olympics.
Yep. I've always liked Price. Weird to think that last summer many had real concerns about him and now that's been drowned out by a few more months of great regular season play. I can 100% get behind him if he's clearly the guy come Game 3 or the following rounds, though. Hopefully his hot hand carries over to Sochi and int'l ice.

Oh yeah, secret convo for Canadians...

OK bitches time to rally round, yeah we all know Leafs/Habs/Sens/Jets/Flames/Oilers/Canucks fans are the absolute fucking worst but we need to put that aside and give 110%. Sure I see Tabris post and I instinctively root against whatever he's cheering for but we gotta let that go, for at least a week or two.
I was behind you, but then you turned around and shat on Hughson and the Sedins. DEAL OVER.

What's the purpose of the goal not being unmovable? Seems like it just gives goalies an extra opportunity to stop play.

Edit: How shitty are these Czech goalies?

ICKE

Banned
The problem with KHL goalies is that they can't deal with more direct style of play, because players rarely go for those opportunities in Europe/Russia. You are expected to pass and find the best possible scoring position before committing. In NHL you are constantly expected to take the shot, have the skill to stretch the goalie even from an impossible angle and so on. These guys are just not ready to play at this level.

King Karlsson

tumblr_mx5jn4yci51rk1byfo1_500.gif

calder

I was behind you, but then you turned around and shat on Hughson and the Sedins. DEAL OVER.

Haha, I actually realized I couldn't last more than one post before breaking my own appeal to solidarity. But starting NOW we're all in this together?

Damn, the Czechs look bad and the Swedes look really good.

ICKE

Banned
Sweden a bit complacent now but Lundqvist is showing the difference.

It's a good game, now the other contenders know they will have to bring the works to get anything out from this tourney. Czech Republic is not exactly a weak team all things considered.

Good attack !!! 1-4

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's almost going too well right now (well, except for the goal that just happened). When Sweden wins big tournaments it's usually after starting off a bit rocky and then growing into it and becoming a very solid team as the tournament progresses. Dominating right from the start isn't how we do it, dammit!

EDIT: Well, ok, looking a bit rockier now. Gold is in the bag then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom