• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just heard that the referees in the final between Canada and Sweden will be from... Canada.

How is that not the most retarded thing ever? I mean... seriously? That shit would never fly in the World Cup.
I am Swedish and I applaud the decision, the best should be on the ice, that also goes for the refs. Americans might have been prefereble, but they are proffesional, origon doesnt matter. Throw a european in and we might see what we saw in the semifinal.

I cant believe that Forsberg still cries in the media and people listen. European refs are in the same class as swedish, and i would never like to see an SHL ref in the final of the olympics.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

jorma

is now taking requests
Yea, because the World Cup is known for its internal purity and has never had a controversial moment of judgement. Right.

"Controversial moments of judgements" will always happen when human beings referee a game. It comes with the territory, especially when the people watching aren't objective themselves. That's a pretty good reason in itself not to have referees from the same country as the teams playing.

If one really needs more reasons than just common sense.

But i guess i'm preaching to the choir here :)

Slurmer

Banned
Yea, because the World Cup is known for its internal purity and has never had a controversial moment of judgement. Right.

That being said, it is definitely BS. Not sure how that happens in a gold medal Olympic game.

Same thing in 2010 final. I don't think it will make a difference.

Kazerei

Banned
So i just heard that the referees in the final between Canada and Sweden will be from... Canada.

How is that not the most retarded thing ever? I mean... seriously? That shit would never fly in the World Cup.

Can't have those European referees mucking it up

UOmxsHe.png

Props to Don Cherry for predicting the Canada/Sweden final

calder

Leo Komorov needs to come back to the NHL. The Jets need mor centers, and he'd be a perfect 3 or 2

Omg we need endless gifs of that slomo on kessel. ENDLESS.

calder

Awesome lol. What the fuck was timonen thinking, odd it's a penalty shot but it's obviously a penalty, and it was so clear.

Jesus Kane is ice cold. My choosing him in the Oly pool was the kiss of death apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom