• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
They win for American cities though. Are most Canadians cool with their cities not winning just because Canadian players are winning elsewhere?

Obviously not. But it makes no sense for him to compare the Olympics to the NHL. There are 7 Canadian teams versus 23 American teams. With the spread of talent across the league, an American team probably has the better odds to win every year.

Edit- He was just kidding lol

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They win for American cities though. Are most Canadians cool with their cities not winning just because Canadian players are winning elsewhere?

I only want to see Montreal win, couldn't care any less about any other Canadian city winning and sure as shit don't want to see Toronto win.

Quick

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO

NOW, YOU FOLKS KNOW I HATE VEGETARIANS. IT HAS THE LETTER "S" IN IT, WHICH "COMMUNIST" ALSO HAS. AN' YOU FOLKS KNOW I DON'T LIKE THAT EITHER, CAUSE IT HAS THE LETTER "I", WHICH "STALIN" ALSO HAS.

ANYHOW, HOW 'BOUT THAT CANADIAN WIN OVER THEM AMERICANS, EH? IT AIN'T EVEN 'BOUT THE ACTUAL GAME ITSELF, EH. CANADA ALREADY WON BY BEIN' CLASSY TO BEGIN WITH. LOOK AT THESE GOOD CANADIAN KIDS, WALKIN' TO THE ARENA WEARIN' SUITS AN' GETTIN' INTO THE GAME BY LISTENIN' TO MUSIC. NOW, YOU LOOK AT THESE CLASSLESS AMERICANS WALKIN' TO THE STADIUM WEARIN' SUITS AN' GETTIN' INTO THE GAME BY LISTENIN' TO MUSIC. UTTERLY CLASSLESS, EH. PROBABLY LISTENIN' TO THAT HIPPITY-HOPPY STUFF, EH.

AN' YOU KNOW JAMIE BENN WAS DUE FOR A BIG GAME, EH. JAMIE FROM VICTORIA, BC, YOU KNOW. HE AIN'T A GOOD ONTARIO KID, BUT I GUESS VICTORIA'S GOOD ENOUGH, EH. AN' YOU KNOW THEM AMERICANS AIN'T GOOD ONTARIO KIDS.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, AN' I SAW PATTY KANE WALK IN THE BATHROOM AN' GET IN A STALL. NOW, SOCHI DON'T GOT DOORS ON THEIR STALLS, AN' AMERICANS DON'T GOT ENOUGH CLASS TO BRING A DOOR WITH THEM, EH - ANYHOW, HE WAS IN THERE TAKIN' A DUMP, AN' HE REMINDED ME OF A CLASSLESS EUROPEAN IN THERE. HE WAS SITTIN' THERE, READIN' AN AMERICAN MAGAZINE. YOU'RE S'POST'A BE READIN' A CANADIAN PUBLICATION, EH. AIN'T HE GOT NEXT ISSUE ON HIS IPAD OR SOMETHIN'? ANYHOW, JAMIE BENN WALKED IN, INSTALLED A DOOR ON HIS STALL, THEN LEFT THE DOOR OPEN, AN' TOOK A REAL BIG DUMP. HE MOLDED IT TO LOOK LIKE A CANADIAN BEAVER, AN' SANG THE ANTHEM. I AIN'T GONNA LIE TO YOU FOLKS: I STARTED TEARIN' UP AN' JOINED HIM SINGIN'. PATTY KANE GOT SO EMBARRASSED, HE FORGOT TO WIPE AN' THE AMERICANS LOST THE GAME. JAMIE, YOU KNOW, REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

I only want to see Montreal win, couldn't care any less about any other Canadian city winning and sure as shit don't want to see Toronto win.
It was funny seeing some Americans yesterday saying that the comeback win makes up for Boston beating Toronto last season.

Hell nah, both comebacks were a win for most Canadians :D

Terrell

The NHL has been dominated by Canadian and European players for so long now that the teams aren't seen as "Canadian" or "American" by a lot of people unless you actually live in one of those places, and then it's less about being "Canadian" and more about metropolitan bombast. And then there's the regional rivalries like the Leafs/Habs thing, which is more about my dad's generation than mine, but still bleeds over into ours because HOLY SHIT DO THE LEAFS EVER SUCK.

NOW, YOU FOLKS KNOW I HATE VEGETARIANS. IT HAS THE LETTER "S" IN IT, WHICH "COMMUNIST" ALSO HAS. AN' YOU FOLKS KNOW I DON'T LIKE THAT EITHER, CAUSE IT HAS THE LETTER "I", WHICH "STALIN" ALSO HAS.

ANYHOW, HOW 'BOUT THAT CANADIAN WIN OVER THEM AMERICANS, EH? IT AIN'T EVEN 'BOUT THE ACTUAL GAME ITSELF, EH. CANADA ALREADY WON BY BEIN' CLASSY TO BEGIN WITH. LOOK AT THESE GOOD CANADIAN KIDS, WALKIN' TO THE ARENA WEARIN' SUITS AN' GETTIN' INTO THE GAME BY LISTENIN' TO MUSIC. NOW, YOU LOOK AT THESE CLASSLESS AMERICANS WALKIN' TO THE STADIUM WEARIN' SUITS AN' GETTIN' INTO THE GAME BY LISTENIN' TO MUSIC. UTTERLY CLASSLESS, EH. PROBABLY LISTENIN' TO THAT HIPPITY-HOPPY STUFF, EH.

AN' YOU KNOW JAMIE BENN WAS DUE FOR A BIG GAME, EH. JAMIE FROM VICTORIA, BC, YOU KNOW. HE AIN'T A GOOD ONTARIO KID, BUT I GUESS VICTORIA'S GOOD ENOUGH, EH. AN' YOU KNOW THEM AMERICANS AIN'T GOOD ONTARIO KIDS.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, AN' I SAW PATTY KANE WALK IN THE BATHROOM AN' GET IN A STALL. NOW, SOCHI DON'T GOT DOORS ON THEIR STALLS, AN' AMERICANS DON'T GOT ENOUGH CLASS TO BRING A DOOR WITH THEM, EH - ANYHOW, HE WAS IN THERE TAKIN' A DUMP, AN' HE REMINDED ME OF A CLASSLESS EUROPEAN IN THERE. HE WAS SITTIN' THERE, READIN' AN AMERICAN MAGAZINE. YOU'RE S'POST'A BE READIN' A CANADIAN PUBLICATION, EH. AIN'T HE GOT NEXT ISSUE ON HIS IPAD OR SOMETHIN'? ANYHOW, JAMIE BENN WALKED IN, INSTALLED A DOOR ON HIS STALL, THEN LEFT THE DOOR OPEN, AN' TOOK A REAL BIG DUMP. HE MOLDED IT TO LOOK LIKE A CANADIAN BEAVER, AN' SANG THE ANTHEM. I AIN'T GONNA LIE TO YOU FOLKS: I STARTED TEARIN' UP AN' JOINED HIM SINGIN'. PATTY KANE GOT SO EMBARRASSED, HE FORGOT TO WIPE AN' THE AMERICANS LOST THE GAME. JAMIE, YOU KNOW, REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.
LMAO man I love these, this stuff is gold.

eyeless

HOLY SHIT DO THE LEAFS EVER SUCK.
sh76D3G.png

vancouver eh. i got some bad news for ya

Terrell

sh76D3G.png

vancouver eh. i got some bad news for ya

I'm originally from Saskatchewan, I couldn't give a single shit about the Canucks, ESPECIALLY after the Stanley Cup Riot. That doesn't change the facts that the Leafs are empirically worse.

I used to be a Senators fan, actually. Couldn't win worth a damn, but they were always great to watch because they tried so damn hard. Not so much anymore, though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
iD0Od5Aa3Ukd6.gif

Lemme just add this here...

RC

Banned
BOY I TELL YA BOY, THAT CAREY PRICE BOY, STANDING ON HIS HEAD, HE KEPT US IN IT DONT YOU KNOW. REMINDED ME OF ZAPDOS ON THE WOMANS TEAM GOD LOVE HER. REMINDED ME OF TERRY SAWCHUK

Leave it to the professionals. We don't need no wannabe Don Quick.

eyeless

I'm originally from Saskatchewan, I couldn't give a single shit about the Canucks, ESPECIALLY after the Stanley Cup Riot. That doesn't change the facts that the Leafs are empirically worse.

I used to be a Senators fan, actually. Couldn't win worth a damn, but they were always great to watch because they tried so damn hard. Not so much anymore, though.
ya don't follow hockey eh

you should turn that empirical analysis toward 13 vs 0 and the current state of the canucks and sens vs leafs

leafs don't suck, they're alright

RC

Banned
Leafs > Canucks right now. It's true

Though right now Most teams > Canucks

A recreational beer league team that only plays on the weekends > Canucks
A group of six year old's learning how to skate for the first time > Canucks
A random assortment of stray dogs and cats that were thrown on the ice > Canucks

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A recreational beer league team that only plays on the weekends > Canucks
A group of six year old's learning how to skate for the first time > Canucks
A random assortment of stray dogs and cats that were thrown on the ice > Canucks
Lol what is the timeline for all the injured players? At least please make the Coyotes miss the playoffs...

jorma

is now taking requests
So i just heard that the referees in the final between Canada and Sweden will be from... Canada.

How is that not the most retarded thing ever? I mean... seriously? That shit would never fly in the World Cup.

Preferably not the Stars.

I don't like em either but they seem like the only other team with the Wild/Phoenix/Vancouver battling for the wildcard spots. Maybe Winnipeg I guess. I'm expecting Nashville to go on a tear once the season starts again.

So i just heard that the referees in the final between Canada and Sweden will be from... Canada.

How is that not the most retarded thing ever? I mean... seriously? That shit would never fly in the World Cup.

I know right? They should get some Finns and some Americans. Guaranteed impartiality.

Another bitter Saskie.

Decado

Any pacific coasters planning to watch the gold metal game live? 4am is brutal. Worst possible time.

So are you going to stay up or wake up early?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Any pacific coasters planning to watch the gold metal game live? 4am is brutal. Worst possible time.

So are you going to stay up or wake up early?

My roommate's staying up. I haven't decided yet if I'll wake up for it or am just gonna sleep through it... terrible time.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Wow, really? That's royally fucked up. How can anyone think this is ok?

Knugen

It's fucking ridiculous that's what it is.

Hunter S.

What time is this game Japan Standard Time?
Shit is so crazy now that I'm 17 hours ahead of PST.
If you mean the Bronze game today.
7 am + 17 = midnight

4 am PST for the gold so 9 PM .

I would say you have it way better than the US. I will be sleeping for both games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Yea, because the World Cup is known for its internal purity and has never had a controversial moment of judgement. Right.

That being said, it is definitely BS. Not sure how that happens in a gold medal Olympic game.

Ricker

7 AM EST ?...god,ok well not so bad since it's on a Sunday,I just need to set the alarm clock right now to not forget that there is a hockey game at that time lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom