• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i thought defense and goalkeeping were supposed to be finland's strengths. how the hell do you let austria score 4 goals? they'll be lucky to score 4 in rest of the tournament.

So, we"Sweden" are off to a great start. It was great that the Czech´s got a few goals in there so we know how it feels when there is a momentum change in the game.

A brilliant and strong start from Sweden, US and Canada better watch out!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i thought defense and goalkeeping were supposed to be finland's strengths. how the hell do you let austria score 4 goals? they'll be lucky to score 4 in rest of the tournament.
Brilliant reverse jink by the western media.

Was at pub, Olympics were on TV and it was fucking Ski slopestyle because we have an Aussie in it. No Finnish hockey.

Come home and see the score. Nice. Teemu got a point, lol. Good on him... And...

Looks like Selanne left with an injury.

Well that's just fucking dandy.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Fucking christ sticks on a dickslap turkish bologna fuckcakes...

Finland coach Erkka Westerlund said Selanne suffered a "small upper-body injury" and should be available Friday against Norway.

Good.

OK I'm ready to analyse Team USA now... Let's go.

I need a summary of everything that happened last night.

Anybody want to be a G and help me out?

EDIT: Mikael Granlund is on my fantasy team and went 2+1? Hnnnnnnngggggggg

ICKE

Banned
For those that don't know : Only the group winner qualifies into QF's (and the best second placed team). Others will have to play an extra play off game and will not have a rest day.

Goal difference might play a role as well.

I'd really enjoy watching Halak shut the US down.

Finland tore Austria a new one, and Sweden abused Czech's poor choice of goalies.

I saw the Switzerland/Latvia and the Sweden/Czech games so I knew those results. I thought there was another game besides the Finland/Austria one but looks like I was wrong.

I would but I only watched half of the Finn game. Goals happened, Teemu got hurt but will apparently be back.

That blows. To me, Finland looks pretty much like a one line team when it comes to offense and if Selanne goes down they're screwed.

This Pommy commentator is atrocious... "Pavalskee".

"@fearthefin: There are seven players on Team Slovakia named Tomas. Dustin Brown is about to go on a kneeing spree."

Red_Man

I'd be surprised if this Kesler line survives the game intact.

This Pommy commentator is atrocious... "Pavalskee".

"@fearthefin: There are seven players on Team Slovakia named Tomas. Dustin Brown is about to go on a kneeing spree."
:lol :lol

Red_Man

I like Mark Lee, but Cassie Campbell doing colour commentary on the TSN feed is straight up awful.

Samyy

Go Kessel!
His playmaking is underrated, Bozak owes pretty much all his goals to Kessel setups or rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom