• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making pancakes in 40 minutes :D

President's Choice Decadent chocolate chip pancakes

It will be glorious

Damn I'm tired.....ugh
AFTER THIS GAME IM GOING TO PIZZA PIZZA WHEN IT OPENS AT 10AM AND BUYING A $6 WALK IN SPECIAL AND DEVOURING IT IM SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW I ONLY HAVE BEER IN MY HOUSE.

Weird people complaining about Canadian refs. A Canadian team hasn't won a Stanley Cup since 1993. And that was Montreal who aren't even Canadians.

a French Canadian scored the game tying and game winning goals for the women's team, so this kind of talk is poorly timed. unless you're being sarcastic, in which case, it's not funny.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm going to bed.

I'm not doing this to myself without a Canadian passport and with a midterm on Monday.

peace out.

go Canada though!

Only Canadians would hit a bar at fucking 6 am for a hockey game and start getting hammered before the game even starts.

canada-flag.jpg

Parch

I think it happened during Latvia.

There's one point in time when a team comes together. The coaches had done their job. They came up with a big ice system that suited the talent of the team. Then it was up to the team to buy into it. To believe it. When Latvia scored that sneaky bench change goal the team came together. It was like are you kidding me? These clowns score a goal like that? The game was still a nerve-wracker and much closer than it should of been. But the team knew. They had come together.

They were really confident going into the US game. Oddly so. That's when I knew. That's when I realized they had reached the point. They knew they had a system that would work. They knew they had the talent. They knew they could win.

There's a point in time when players come together as a team.
There's a point in time when a team comes together as a country.

Go Canada.

Cudder

I'm heading to work in Toronto right now and the GO bus is filled to the brim with people going downtown to watch the game in bars. Dat national pride.

ICKE

Banned
Best of luck to both sides.

Should be a tight contest, both teams have excellent defense and one mistake might be the difference.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I respect Sweden the most of all teams at the Olympics, a loss to them wouldn't be that bad. That being said, let's go Canada.

kingkitty

There's one point in time when a team comes together. The coaches had done their job. They came up with a big ice system that suited the talent of the team. Then it was up to the team to buy into it. To believe it. When Latvia scored that sneaky bench change goal the team came together. It was like are you kidding me? These clowns score a goal like that? The game was still a nerve-wracker and much closer than it should of been. But the team knew. They had come together.

They were really confident going into the US game. Oddly so. That's when I knew. That's when I realized they had reached the point. The knew they had a system that would work. They knew they had the talent. They knew they could win.

Go Canada.

And then Sweden wins.

#teamsweden

Ricker

They were really confident going into the US game. Oddly so. That's when I knew. That's when I realized they had reached the point. The knew they had a system that would work. They knew they had the talent. They knew they could win.

Go Canada.

That was beautiful man,I could almost hear the National anthem playing in the background lol ;)

Go Canada....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chronosic

Backstrom can't handle the heat! Was gonna be a head ache for Canada, but has a migraine head ache! AhshsbsnsnshabanNsbansnzmsHkekzu6!

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Good luck Sweden. Hopefully Canada wins, but in case you guys take it, I am glad it's a Nordic country. Y'all are a class above.

MBR

Banned
Strangely, I'm very confident Sweden will win this game. They seemingly haven't gone all out for long periods of time at all throughout the tournament, and even the Finland game was a sleeping pill for me, it was a very comfortable win.

I haven't kept much of an eye on Canada though, but if the recent results added together (Both semis, bronze game) means anything, it's looking like it might be a good sunday afternoon for us Swedes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom