• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
You build winning teams on defence and two way centres, not wingers.

Oh hey look at the gif posted right under that, Red.

You casuals want to see some real salt? This kinda shit happens during the regular season.

ibixwJt9Hy7GkO.gif

Quick

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU FOLKS KNOW I ONLY DRINK ONE KIND OF BEER: MOLSON, EH. AN' YOU ALL KNOW I LIKE FOLK MUSIC. BUT D'YA KNOW WHAT I LIKE MOST? NOT EUROPEANS.

ANYHOW, WHAT 'BOUT THAT BRONZE MEDAL GAME, EH? AMERICANS GETTIN' SHUT OUT, TEEMU SELANNE SCORIN' TWO GOALS. TUUKA RASK MAKIN' THE BIG SAVES, EH. WHAT HAPPENED? LEMME TELL YOU FOLKS WHAT HAPPENED: THEM AMERICANS GOT TOO CLASSLESS. THAT'S WHAT YA GET FOR BEIN' CLASSLESS, EH. LOOK AT PATTY KANE WALK TO THE STADIUM, ACTIN' CLASSLESS BY WEARIN' A SUIT AN' FOCUSIN' ON THE GAME. SAME THING FROM MAX PASHIONFAIRY AN' JIMMY VAN RIMSHOTS. FINLAND AIN'T CLASSY EITHER, SO IT'S LIKE A FIGHT BETWEEN WHO'S THE LEAST CLASSY, AN' THEM AMERICANS JUST EMBARRASSED THEMSELVES, LIKE THE COMMUNISTS.

NOW, FINLAND AIN'T OFF THE HOOK, EH. LOOK AT 'EM CLASSLESSLY SCORE FIVE GOALS, EH. KICKIN' 'EM AMERICANS WHILE THEY'RE DOWN. THIS IS SOMETHIN' THAT CLASSLESS KOOK HURT-A-WHIRL WOULD DO, EH. WHAT IS HE, SWEDISH? SWISS? SERBIAN? IT AIN'T EVEN MATTER, THEY'RE ALL VISOR-WEARIN', HOT-DOGGIN' EUROPEANS AN' YOU KNOW I DON'T LIKE THAT.

NOW LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN I SAW BOTH AMERICANS AN' FINNS GET INSIDE BATHROOM STALLS. SOCHI GOT NO DOORS, AN' THESE PLAYERS DIDN'T EVEN THINK 'BOUT BRINGIN' A DOOR - THAT'S HOW CLASSLESS THEY ALL ARE, EH. ANYHOW, THEY GOT IN, SAT DOWN AN' JUST STARTED TALKIN' TO EACH OTHER. WHY THE HELL WOULDJA TALK WHEN YOU'RE TAKIN' A DEUCE, EH? THAT AIN'T RIGHT. THAT AIN'T CANADIAN. BOY I WAS STEAMED. THE CANADIAN TEAM WALKED IN THE BATHROOM, PUT ON SOME DOORS, GOT IN, LEFT THE DOORS OPEN 'CAUSE THEY'RE PROUD CANADIANS, EH, AN' SAT THERE IN SILENCE. YOU DON'T TALK TO EACH OTHER WHEN YOU'RE TAKIN' A DEUCE! THEN THEY FLUSHED THE TOILET TO THE TUNE OF "O CANADA". BOY, LET ME TELL YOU FOLKS, I WAS SO PROUD. SO CANADIAN. THEM AMERICANS AN' FINNS GOT REAL EMBARRASSED AN' JUST SAT IN SILENCE. IT AIN'T THE CLASSY TYPE OF SILENCE, EITHER, EH.

THEM CANADIANS REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOT LOVE 'EM.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

NOW, YOU FOLKS KNOW I ONLY DRINK ONE KIND OF BEER: MOLSON, EH. AN' YOU ALL KNOW I LIKE FOLK MUSIC. BUT D'YA KNOW WHAT I LIKE MOST? NOT EUROPEANS.

ANYHOW, WHAT 'BOUT THAT BRONZE MEDAL GAME, EH? AMERICANS GETTIN' SHUT OUT, TEEMU SELANNE SCORIN' TWO GOALS. TUUKA RASK MAKIN' THE BIG SAVES, EH. WHAT HAPPENED? LEMME TELL YOU FOLKS WHAT HAPPENED: THEM AMERICANS GOT TOO CLASSLESS. THAT'S WHAT YA GET FOR BEIN' CLASSLESS, EH. LOOK AT PATTY KANE WALK TO THE STADIUM, ACTIN' CLASSLESS BY WEARIN' A SUIT AN' FOCUSIN' ON THE GAME. SAME THING FROM MAX PASHIONFAIRY AN' JIMMY VAN RIMSHOTS. FINLAND AIN'T CLASSY EITHER, SO IT'S LIKE A FIGHT BETWEEN WHO'S THE LEAST CLASSY, AN' THEM AMERICANS JUST EMBARRASSED THEMSELVES, LIKE THE COMMUNISTS.

NOW, FINLAND AIN'T OFF THE HOOK, EH. LOOK AT 'EM CLASSLESSLY SCORE FIVE GOALS, EH. KICKIN' 'EM AMERICANS WHILE THEY'RE DOWN. THIS IS SOMETHIN' THAT CLASSLESS KOOK HURT-A-WHIRL WOULD DO, EH. WHAT IS HE, SWEDISH? SWISS? SERBIAN? IT AIN'T EVEN MATTER, THEY'RE ALL VISOR-WEARIN', HOT-DOGGIN' EUROPEANS AN' YOU KNOW I DON'T LIKE THAT.

NOW LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN I SAW BOTH AMERICANS AN' FINNS GET INSIDE BATHROOM STALLS. SOCHI GOT NO DOORS, AN' THESE PLAYERS DIDN'T EVEN THINK 'BOUT BRINGIN' A DOOR - THAT'S HOW CLASSLESS THEY ALL ARE, EH. ANYHOW, THEY GOT IN, SAT DOWN AN' JUST STARTED TALKIN' TO EACH OTHER. WHY THE HELL WOULDJA TALK WHEN YOU'RE TAKIN' A DEUCE, EH? THAT AIN'T RIGHT. THAT AIN'T CANADIAN. BOY I WAS STEAMED. THE CANADIAN TEAM WALKED IN THE BATHROOM, PUT ON SOME DOORS, GOT IN, LEFT THE DOORS OPEN 'CAUSE THEY'RE PROUD CANADIANS, EH, AN' SAT THERE IN SILENCE. YOU DON'T TALK TO EACH OTHER WHEN YOU'RE TAKIN' A DEUCE! THEN THEY FLUSHED THE TOILET TO THE TUNE OF "O CANADA". BOY, LET ME TELL YOU FOLKS, I WAS SO PROUD. SO CANADIAN. THEM AMERICANS AN' FINNS GOT REAL EMBARRASSED AN' JUST SAT IN SILENCE. IT AIN'T THE CLASSY TYPE OF SILENCE, EITHER, EH.

You need an anyhoo and it's James Vanbiesbrook! When he said that in Coach's Corner I laughed so goddamn hard.

Poor Grampa Grapes

Does anybody even hate this guy? He has always been one of my favorites in the past and it was nuts during that span where he was scoring on a breakaway at the end of the game. I was live for one of those and ho lee shit!

The only sore point for me is that Teemu got the Cup while Kariya never did.

I think there are Kings fans that hate him simply because he's a Duck? But yeah, very hard to hate on him otherwise. All out excellent person and player. Kariya had his chance for a cup but he went to other teams.

Hilti92

Move the team around lol, 15 games in St John's, 15 is Halifax, 15 in Moncton/Saint Johns. (obviously +- since only 41 home games).

I think realistically for any centralized location the distances would still be too far. I know it was proposed for a Saskatchewan team saying that people would drive 2-3 hours to see a game, therefore it would work population wise.

Halifax will never see an NHL team. Not in our life time anyways..

Mattilaus

Neo Member
Move the team around lol, 15 games in St John's, 15 is Halifax, 15 in Moncton/Saint Johns. (obviously +- since only 41 home games).

I think realistically for any centralized location the distances would still be too far. I know it was proposed for a Saskatchewan team saying that people would drive 2-3 hours to see a game, therefore it would work population wise.

Other problem with this is you'd need 3+ NHL size arenas that only get +/-15 games a year. That's not enough events to justify and pay for those arenas.

5 starz eh rose would be proud when she reads this post from above right blu?

kingkitty

I finally looked at the America vs Finland score, America got fucked in the eye socket there. Glad I forgot to watch it live.

Goddamn.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Butthurt over not getting the chance at gold. The Finns went into the game with the right mind set, that an Olympic medal, no matter what colour, is a rare thing to compete for and they prevailed.

I see it happen quite often. Canada at Nagano and a lot of World Jrs. they just roll over and lose cause it seems they just want to go home.

Carcetti

How can 'the team just wanted gold' be an acceptable excuse when talking about a bronze game? I've seen it repeated tons after the game but It's a child's attitude. It's like saying 'since you didn't let me win I'm taking my toys and going home'.

chronosic

How can 'the team just wanted gold' be an acceptable excuse when talking about a bronze game? I've seen it repeated tons after the game but It's a child's attitude. It's like saying 'since you didn't let me win I'm taking my toys and going home'.
There was no effort! Why risk an injury I guess, with the NHL coming back soon.

Socreges

Banned
Heading home now. Hope I can get a few hours sleep before the game. And I've got a soccer game in 10 hours, too. Gonna be soooo fucked.

It's not that they didn't care. It's that they didn't care nearly as much. No chance they would have been as happy as the Fins were. Completely different attitude, even though I'm sure the US players did want the Bronze.

I think the US really did think they could win Gold. That this might be their best and only chance. That their country, which would never really embrace a sport unless the US is the best at it, would take notice of hockey and be proud of them.

.... ah well!

How the fuck did Canada squeak past the USA with 1 goal and the Finland killed us with 5 goal game?

I had a hunch that whoever lost the US - Can game would finish 4th. Kinda sucks as in N America it's win or nothing, which is so selfish and not for your country - a medal is still something of value to your country. That's why I always love the Euro teams - the Olympics are seen as a national pride event, whereas it's about the players' pride for our two teams over here.

Razorskin

----- ------
The amount of salt in this thread when Sweden wins with 3-1 will reach Dead Sea levels.

I could see Sweden winning, but it's not like I want it to happen.

I had a hunch that whoever lost the US - Can game would finish 4th. Kinda sucks as in N America it's win or nothing, which is so selfish and not for your country - a medal is still something of value to your country. That's why I always love the Euro teams - the Olympics are seen as a national pride event, whereas it's about the players' pride for our two teams over here.

Paging Don Quick.

Jake.

i'm staying up to watch the hockey game tonight (starts at 11pm here in australia and i have to be up at 5am for work)...hopefully its worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom