• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

KESSEL IN THE PENALTY BOX

iLW8LhM0zu9IE.gif

Am I doing that right?

zychi

Banned
This nbcsports stream is pissing me off. Going to commercial randonmly, during a powerplay and right before a goal. Ugh

So I wonder who all will get NHL contracts after these are over?

That Ziga Jeglic guy might get one I bet. Apparently there were already rumors of the Kings snagging him.

If the Slovenia game is any indication, USA shouldn't have any problems getting the group win.

usa and canada would score at least 8 against this russia. home humiliation coming.

Russia is known to have some huge problems against underdogs from time to time. Totally different game against US as they start to play. Russia has huge difference between bad and good day. I have seen it too many times...

kingslunk

Good to see nichushkin score. Hope he learns something and comes back more experienced for the Stars.

I'll have to boo his ass on Saturday.

USA!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So most of these guys play in a Slovenian league? How many play in Sweden/Russia/wherever else?

Nope, almost all guys play abroad. Seven guys play in DEL (Germany), several in Sweden (Allsvenskan), some in other European countries (Czech, France). Only Muršak in KHL and Kopitar in NHL.

Slovenian league is amateur based and it is part of Austrian second league (Slovenian clubs + Austrian clubs from Voralberg region + Italian teams from Southern Tirol region), we have one professional club in Austrian league with major financial problems and another big one died two years ago. Any vast majority of players that play in our national team started their professional way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom