• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

The pregame warmup is giving me the vapours. Look at those beauties, just skatin' around like it's nothing, like pimps who skate or something.

...why does Canada get all of the 11 am games?

I fell asleep after the first period. Nice to see the offense came up big and Kaner set Kesler up a few times.

Ardenyal

Mens hockey vs. womens hockey thumbnails. Accurate I guess.

INmQiHZ.jpg

Tiktaalik

I always thought it odd how with the 2010 Olympics they simply used the existing local NHL sized arenas and didn't play on international sized ice even though it was an international competition. You'd think that would be against the rules?

I mean as a Vancouver area taxpayer I'm pleased we didn't have to contribute toward another specialized arena (or two), but it was weird.

You want to eliminate the goons in NHL and increase scoring all at once? Just start using internatiional ice size.

Yup. These guys are so big and so fast now, they need more room.
It would help with concussions too... further space between players, more time to spot a threat.

calder

0-0 CANADA WORST WILL FINISH 12TH JAIL THEM ALL

Kind of a sleepy start for Canada, Norway rolling a short bench and have a lot of jump and looking pretty good. Not like Norway is peppering Price or anything, but I would have expected a goal by now

Silexx

If anyone is watching the game through the CBC Olympic app, Glenn Healey's mic isn't working and no one seems to have noticed yet. It's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom