• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Kessel (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ

pringles

Tatar, 1 goal and +1 in a 7-1 loss. Love that guy.

Otherwise, Slovakia looks worse than expected. Their 3rd/4th lines and defense beyond Chara are awful.

US are impressive, but will be interesting to see them against a better team.

Curufinwe

Have we done the Russian hockey song yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrHBUVEEkk

malkin-kovalchuk.jpg

Fell asleep before the Fin game started. Barkov said he felt nerves the opening but settled down in the 2nd. Excited him 18yts old and already notches a point as an Olympian.

Also USA USA USA USA

Missed the first period, but Team 'Merica was looking like they were working pretty well together. Hopefully they can keep that up throughout the games against stiffer competition.

Also, delayed obnoxious image!
Qc0efP3.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Got to the office, first thing I see when I sign online is the final score of the USA game. And here I was going to try to avoid it in order to catch the replay. Oh well. Go USA! I need to know how Cally and McD did. Doesn't look like either got points. I assume Step did a great job as the equipment boy.

Will try to catch Zucc beasting all over Canada in a little bit, though!

Got to the office, first thing I see when I sign online is the final score of the USA game. And here I was going to try to avoid it in order to catch the replay. Oh well. Go USA! I need to know how Cally and McD did. Doesn't look like either got points. I assume Step did a great job as the equipment boy.

McDonagh had a few shutdown moments where he possibly saved a goal. He made Hossa look like a scrub at one point.

Cally was alright. Didn't really notice him.

Truck was beasting, Cally looked good playing with Backes and Parise, doing Yeoman's work down low and grinding it out

ICKE

Banned
This USA team is just brutal. The fight for that top spot is going to be really entertaining. Finland needs to get that wildcard into QF's so we can play against someone else lol. We aren't prepared to deal with such clinical finishing....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am going to have the weirdest boner when Kessel plays against Canada.

Also going to be salty as hell if my gif is posted.

Mattilaus

Neo Member
If slovakia really wants to compete they should just rejoin with the czechs and once again become Czechoslovakia. Two half teams make one decent team!

CLR_CMOS

Neo Member
Yeah. Slovakia is worsening year by year as the veterans retire and their junior program has been shit for a decade.

I'd go as far as saying that we don't even have a junior program. Over the last ten years the number of our players in NHL went from ~30 to ~10 and only 3 of them are <30 years old. Sure Tatar and Jur&#269;o seem to be perspective, but that's due to them leaving our country early to play in AHL. They are both products of American hockey not ours.

Still our team shouldn't have lost this badly. I expected us to lose, because USA is clearly the better team, but not like this :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom