• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of those lines could be a "first line". In Vancouver their best line at first was Heatley-Thornton-Marleau but when they disappeared as the tournament went on (surprise surprise) Toews-Richards-Nash was their best. Crosby-Iginla-X was mostly neutralized as well.

Norway is playing a simple game. Block shots, keep players away from the goalie, and don't give up bad rebounds. They don't have the scoring talent but by collapsing and checking hard they can limit Canada's offensive chances.

EDIT: I like how Hamhuis got a short shift at the end of the period. "Here's your ice time, now get comfortable on the bench."

RC

Banned
The way Norway's blocking shots, you'd think they were coached by Torts.
Canada looks like a team that hasn't played together much, (surprise, surprise) hopefully they net a couple in the second.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol Kunitz, I have Crosby speeding down the middle of the ice on a rush, let me shoot it at the goalies chest from this crappy angle.

DAT CHEMISTRY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom