• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
That Kunitz pick is looking pretty bad. Him and Crosby are doing dick all. Would rather have Giroux right now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh shut the fuck up, Hughass!

Hughjass.jpg

He won three straight world championships

Stojko won 3 world championships too, but he'll be remembered for his 2 silvers at the Olympics.

The Olympics shouldn't define one's career, but it does have the biggest stage.

EDIT: Quick starting against Russia. Is the US not even giving Miller a game?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
if finland and canada were smart they'd play 0-0 and only start for real during overtime. with these goal differences and the guaranteed point from the overtime it would be almost certain the loser would finish as the best second place team.

of course canada is going to crush finland anyway, so they don't need to get sneaky.

GSG Flash

Crosby needs to be better. This whole 'finding linemates' shit is ridiculous.

I think Kunitz is actually dragging Crosby down. I noticed him playing much better when it was him + MSL + another player that's not Kunitz.

I still don't know what the fuck Stevie Y was thinking with the Kunitz pick.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
> Austria by a pinch.. :p

And yet Austria scored 4 times against Finland. :p their defense/goaltending is atrocious though.

for the record, I'm not saying either goalie solidified the nr1 spot, but IMHO Luongo went into the tournament as the starter and got a shutout, so he should start against Finland. That's how I thought it'd be before the tournament started and then based on how he does against Finland we'll see who starts the next game.

zedge

And yet Austria scored 4 times against Finland. :p their defense/goaltending is atrocious though.

for the record, I'm not saying either goalie solidified the nr1 spot, but IMHO Luongo went into the tournament as the starter and got a shutout, so he should start against Finland. That's how I thought it'd be before the tournament started and then based on how he does against Finland we'll see who starts the next game.

Heh, I know. :) And I agree, Lou should get the start against Finland, would be surprised if he didn't.

MutFox

Banned

Well you see, Crosby has a very high point total in the NHL, Kunitz is helping that at an NHL level.
Yzerman tried to bring some chemistry to what is a very short tournament.

I still think it was a bad pick, but I can see why it was done.
It also might pay off at some point and we'll all be "OMG, what a great pick!"

I think Kunitz is actually dragging Crosby down. I noticed him playing much better when it was him + MSL + another player that's not Kunitz.

Taylor Hall, Jeff Skinner, Evander Kane... but they take Kunitz to camp.

Hrudey was saying at the 1st or 2nd break however that he has heard from a "very good" source that Benn will be on Crosby's left next game

Canada having a better defense + goaltending is enough to give the forwards enough confidence to outscore the Fins despite the latter's good offense.

zroid

Banned
That giveaway by Price against Norway was truly atrocious. He fell asleep with the puck on his stick. Luongo made some solid saves today. So... atm I'm #TeamLuo.

GSG Flash

Well you see, Crosby has a very high point total in the NHL, Kunitz is helping that at an NHL level.
Yzerman tried to bring some chemistry to what is a very short tournament.

I still think it was a bad pick, but I can see why it was done.
It also might pay off at some point and we'll all be "OMG, what a great pick!"

That's a terrible way to put together a team IMO

It takes away the opportunity for great players to be on the team and instead gives it to players like Chris Kunitz. The best players will find a way to create chemistry with each other, like we saw in this game.

fallout

But ... but ... Finland beat Norway more decisively than Canada did!

It's almost like I can't even use the scores in these games to extrapolate definitive predictions!

Parch

Doesn`t matter who starts. They`re both solid. Goaltending isn`t going to be the reason for any of Canada`s results.

MutFox

Banned
That's a terrible way to put together a team IMO

It takes away the opportunity for great players to be on the team and instead gives it to players like Chris Kunitz. The best players will find a way to create chemistry with each other, like we saw in this game.

I don't like it either, but I can see the logic behind it...
Though the other reason could be that Crosby whined and they wanted to keep him happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom