• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Hughson keep saying this is a great game? Is he drunk or am I crazy? To me this is a classic big ice 0-0 snoozefest. Maybe not the worst game I've ever seen or anything, a few good chances but a LOT of play between the blue lines broken up by the occasional cycle cycle look for Michael.

reminds me of pre-lockout hockey.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't mean to sound like Don Cherry, but it seems like a lot of these European players fall over pretty easily, and the refs don't call a lot of it as a result.

Why does Hughson keep saying this is a great game? Is he drunk or am I crazy? To me this is a classic big ice 0-0 snoozefest. Maybe not the worst game I've ever seen or anything, a few good chances but a LOT of play between the blue lines broken up by the occasional cycle cycle look for Michael.
I think it's because Slovenia is holding their own quite well and no on really expected that.

Red_Man

Even though their jerseys are absolutely hideous, I'm pulling for Slovenia. Hard not to root* for the underdog.

Also, fuck Chara.

Stasis

I'm actually considering waking up at 7 am on a Saturday in order to watch USA vs. Russia.

...I really should just DVR it, right?

You know whats worse? I'm sitting here awake at 4:30am trying to decide if I go make some coffee or not.

Just got back from a valentines dinner ++ and I'm kinda cake bossed. I dunno man. I wanna.

Red_Man

You know whats worse? I'm sitting here awake at 4:30am trying to decide if I go make a coffee or not.

Just got back from a valentines dinner ++ and I'm kinda cake bossed. I dunno man. I wanna.
IF you're kinda cake bossed you'll probably pass out before the game starts or by the end of the first period. Speaking from experience.

Red_Man

Is Slovenia the dark horse of the tournament? Gave Russia some trouble early, now leading Slovakia 1-0 in the third.
Not a dark horse, just doing a lot better then pretty much everyone expected. There's a big difference in quality of play from the big teams from early on in the tournament compared to the medal rounds.

Deadbeat

Banned
I don't mean to sound like Don Cherry, but it seems like a lot of these European players fall over pretty easily, and the refs don't call a lot of it as a result.
If you're losing and you know it start to flop.
If you're losing and you know it, and you really want to show it,
You know whats worse? I'm sitting here awake at 4:30am trying to decide if I go make some coffee or not.
Is your SO gabbing away? Might as well make some coffee for that.

Red_Man

Whats with all the shitty pop music ads on this CBC stream? Do people actually go to HMV and buy physical albums anymore?

CLR_CMOS

Neo Member
Well done Slovenia! We suck atm, but that's just because we are secretly saving ourselves for the medal rounds...

Nope, we're just that terrible :-(

qy4BSTz.gif

Crosbossby.

Big-E

Kopitar is such a stud. Remember watching the 2005 worlds and he was great when he was playing against men. Should have went higher than he did.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
7HE99ky.gif

Our president made a bet - for each goal that our national team scores, he will ice skate for one hour for charity. Well, the number is now at five and I hope that our guys score some more :p

Red_Man

Slovenia is 17th in the world rankings, less then 2 million people, 7 rinks and 1 professional team. Pretty great stuff from them today.

zedge

Ffs.. Woken by the cops at 430 am.. Some asshole hit and run my car and neighbors.. They took off on foot and left their car.

Car is 6 months old.. Second time this has happened. %@%% grr

I'm awake now. Might as well watch the US game. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom