• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

lvaBjCa.gif

Cracked me up during the game, and as a gif it's somehow funnier. I kept waiting for a linesman or teammate to skate by and grab it but no.

Stasis

Looking at the Russian lineup with their names spelled correctly where in the NHL the "yo" is replaced with "e".

Artyom Anisimov
Alexander Syomin
Nikolai Kulyomin

You kinda understand why Varlamov stuck with Semyon.

Big-E

Missed the game due to time zone difference but it seems like Crosby is doing jack shit again. This whole linemate crap is fucking ridiculous. Two tournaments now they have been looking for linemates for him. 99 percent of the players are playing with people they havent played before so shut the fuck up and produce.

Stasis

It's no wonder our boy is moved to top line shutdown duties!

Hopefully he can handle the right. I guess they talked it out and he felt more comfortable there than Suter.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Babcock and Co already have in their mind who they wanted to be the starter. Two games against worthless opponents weren't going to change that minus any incredible implosion from either goalie.

zedge

Missed the game due to time zone difference but it seems like Crosby is doing jack shit again. This whole linemate crap is fucking ridiculous. Two tournaments now they have been looking for linemates for him. 99 percent of the players are playing with people they havent played before so shut the fuck up and produce.

Hey, at least hes cleaning tape off the ice, don't want anyone to trip.

But did he get it eventually?

Fun fact: Carter played the least of any Canadian forward (under 10 minutes).

Luongo has the best quotes:

“It’s nice,” he said, following his 6-0 shutout win over Austria on Friday night. “This was my first win in three weeks [he'd lost his lost five starts with the Vancouver Canucks before the Olympic break]. It feels really good, you know.”

And: “I just didn’t want to give up that six-goal lead in the third.”

Oh man . . . I hope Norway can at least win one game. Well, going up against Canada and Finland was not an easy way to start.

They should win against Austria. As a team they are way better. Austria only has one line that can do something (their NHL line) and then nothing (bunch of guys from Austrian league) . Norway has more balanced team (pretty much all players from Swedish league). They were not even that bad as the numbers would indicate today against us finns. Couple of soft goals from their goalie in first round and then that freed our game.

No way in hell I was getting up at 4am on a Saturday morning.

OOOOOOOO CANADA \o/

Getzlaf scoring makes me happy. Seeing Teemu score for Finland is great too.

So what's the whole thing to take away from todays game ladies and gentlemen? I won't be able to watch it for another 24 hours.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually considering waking up at 7 am on a Saturday in order to watch USA vs. Russia.

...I really should just DVR it, right?

calder

Alarm set for tomorrow morning (well, technically this morning, shit), should be a great game.

A close, nail biting game would be great. A shit kicking by either the US or Russia would also be entertaining. I'm basically good with whatever.

zroid

Banned
Alarm set for tomorrow morning (well, technically this morning, shit), should be a great game.

A close, nail biting game would be great. A shit kicking by either the US or Russia would also be entertaining. I'm basically good with whatever.

we need a nail-biter man! dat goal differential.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
it all makes sense now. I now have clarity.

It was one of the two ads the played during World Juniors. Over. and over. And over. And over.

Does Chara use the same stick maker Edler uses? Because..... it's ridiculous.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
there's something off about the optics of the big ice.

maybe it's the closer proximity of the cameras.

Remember the fun stuff you could do with unlocks in NHL 99 (or whatever it was), like smaller players? That's how it looks like.

calder

there's something off about the optics of the big ice.

maybe it's the closer proximity of the cameras.

The angle of the camera (much shallower) combined with the lack of seats up to the glass are what throw me off.

Jesus, watching this SVK/SLO game is not what I need to be doing if I want to be up in a few hours to see Russia/US. This game is dull as shit anyway.

calder

Why does Hughson keep saying this is a great game? Is he drunk or am I crazy? To me this is a classic big ice 0-0 snoozefest. Maybe not the worst game I've ever seen or anything, a few good chances but a LOT of play between the blue lines broken up by the occasional cycle cycle look for Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom