• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 World Cup Group Draw |OT| A Global Audience for Ball Cupping

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
on a side note

Tim Howard was awesome today for Everton.

usa-eagle-face-glitter.gif

Subitai

As I said earlier, they took a lot of work to do and caused a lot of bickering by people who didn't opt-in correctly rather than a source of amusement/enjoyment for others.

If there's a particularly strong clamouring for them to return in some form I can speak to the mods but I highly doubt they'll allow it again. May have to be something incorporated in to our avatars instead.
I too want flag tags.

Badly.

Also, can't wait for server crashes during matches.

Also, the 1st 2010 WC thread was the impetus behind the 20k limit on threads iirc.

Can't wait!

Would like a hard group for Portugal, we play better against good opposition.

I wouldn't say you guys play better, it's just it suits you better when an opponent plays open. You guys can't break down sides very well when they just bunker and defend.

mozfan12

Banned
Rooting for Mexico. I've got a feeling we will have a hard group this time around. Fortunately, no one has expectations about this WC after the clusterfuck that was our qualification. Some use the argument that Uruguay made it to semis in South Africa even though they went to the World Cup through playoffs like we did but we don't have the talent to go that far. Should be fun regardless.

As an Australian, all the teams outside of Pot 3 should be be praying to get Australia. We're not the team from 8 years ago let alone 4 years ago. Two decent young keepers and a heap of young semi-talented players who can barely keep in their lower top tier or second/third tier teams.

Sadly we can't play 10, hell why not 11, Tim Cahills.

Suen

I wouldn't say you guys play better, it's just it suits you better when an opponent plays open. You guys can't break down sides very well when they just bunker and defend.
This is true, even moreso when you have shit wingers like Nani. I'd like to think Portugal would be so much more dangerous up front if their players knew how to cross.

Iran, SK and AUS are too weak. Japan is the hope of Asia, they have some really promising players this time. If recent results against stronger european teams is anything to go by then they can pose a strong challenge.

I hope Brazil is among the teams that can win if Neymar dives less than ten times in the entire tournament.

As an Australian, all the teams outside of Pot 3 should be be praying to get Australia. We're not the team from 8 years ago let alone 4 years ago. Two decent young keepers and a heap of young semi-talented players who can barely keep in their lower top tier or second/third tier teams.

Sadly we can't play 10, hell why not 11, Tim Cahills.

I dont agree, we are about the same as 2010.
We have alot of players who are level who could join our current team, problem was Holger Osieck refused to play european youngsters like Shane Lowry and Leckie.
Got this A-league stars and nohopers like Lucas Neill playing purely because of experience now

Furoba

I am hoping Belgium would come out against Brazil in the second or third round. Still have a score to settle for what happened in 2002, and what better way to do that in Brazil. (although the chances of doing that are very slim indeed.)

Santiako

I really want my Argentina flag tag back, the WC2010 thread was so awesome.

BTW, I really really hope we can avoid Germany this time, being eliminated by them three times in a row would be a bit too much.

Edit: fucking auto correct lol

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I really want my Argentina flag tag back, the WC2010 thread was so awesome.

BTW, I really really hope we can avoid Germany this time, being eliminated by then the times in a row would be a bit too much.

Not the same team, no nos comamos el chamuyo Alemán.

Team USA here.

I'll probably be looking through my twitter feed to see what's going on. Will be stuck at DMV once it's announced.

The World Cup: when the USA "fans" come out of the woodwork.

There's nothing wrong with rooting to see your country do well in the biggest events. I want the team to have as much support as possible. Casuals and guys/gals who don't really follow the sport are perfectly welcome

That's how you grow the game. You can't expect everyone to be diehard card carrying members of American Outlaws right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom