• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Here's my final results

QB: Eli Manning / Tony Romo
RB: Adrian Peterson / Justin Forsett / LeGarrette Blount
WR: Calvin Johnson / Randall Cobb / Brandon Marshall
TE: Jason Witten
D: Texans
K: Hauschka

Now Im just picking up all the scraps for the rest of the draft

I am not sure about custom rankings but typically you can sort players by number of carries. That may be your best option.

Then you can takr that information into effect when ranking players.

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing.

In this funky system, which is still a full point PPR, the top RB outscored the top QB by 100 points, and the number 16 RB outscored the top WR by 175 points.

If I can start 3 RBs it's going to be hard not to going RB for the first three Rds straight. Guess it depends on how the rest of the league reacts.

Here's my final results

QB: Eli Manning / Tony Romo
RB: Adrian Peterson / Justin Forsett / LeGarrette Blount
WR: Calvin Johnson / Randall Cobb / Brandon Marshall
TE: Jason Witten
D: Texans
K: Hauschka

Now Im just picking up all the scraps for the rest of the draft

Nice lineup! Witten is gonna screw you, but outside of the top 2 TEs, it's a crapshoot.

DSmalls84

12 team standard

Qb- Eli Manning/Joe Flacco
RB- CJ Anderson, Frank Gore, Arian Foster, Doug Martin
WR- Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith
TE- Dwayne Allen, Antonio Gates
K- Cody Parkey
Def- Panthers/Packers

I Like my team for the most part but I'm not sure if I should drop Dwayne Allen for Heath Miller, Larry Donnell, or Ladarius Green.

Bump for new page. Does anyone have TE suggestions or should I just keep my team as is.

RBH

I'm in a keeper PPR league on Yahoo (12 teams, standard scoring), and tonight is the deadline for me to pick a keeper.

Between Emmanuel Sanders (picked in the 7th round last year) and Latavius Murray (undrafted last year), who would be the better keeper?

Dosia

Heres my lineup for a 12 team standard:

QB: E. Manning
RB: J. Hill
RB: T. Yeldon
WR: A. Brown
WR: T.Y. Hilton
TE: T. Kelce
Flex: B. Cooks
D: Panthers
K: M. Crosby

Bench:

D. Adams
A. Foster
A. Robinson
D. Cobb
D. Funchess
K. Davis
R. Hillman

Pretty happy with roster this yr.

Jarnet87

I'm in a keeper PPR league on Yahoo (12 teams, standard scoring), and tonight is the deadline for me to pick a keeper.

Between Emmanuel Sanders (picked in the 7th round last year) and Latavius Murray (undrafted last year), who would be the better keeper?

Sanders for me. Had 101 receptions last year. Yes they have Kubiak as their offensive coordinator now but it's still Peyton Manning and expect it to be a heavy passing offense. With Murray I've got concerns. Mostly his health but also how bad the Raiders are. Were talking about a team that brought in Trent Richardson on their own free will, then gave him the starting job. At some point (and it might be early on) they will realize the error of their ways and bench Richardson. Also feel like you've got a better chance of redrafting Murray if you let him go vs. Sanders as he is going much higher.

Beach

So in doing this you would lose a 13th round pick if you keep Murray? If so definitely keep Murray. Low to mid end RB2 for that value is definitely worth it.

Don't bother handcuffing though, Murray is as far as the Raiders running game will go.

Edit: Don't know what the above poster is talking about..Richardson might not even make the team let alone ever being ever hinted as a starter. Murray has been anointed starter since he broke out vs Chiefs last year.

RBH

So in doing this you would lose a 13th round pick if you keep Murray? If so definitely keep Murray. Low to mid end RB2 for that value is definitely worth it.

Don't bother handcuffing though, Murray is as far as the Raiders running game will go.

Edit: Don't know what the above poster is talking about..Richardson might not even make the team let alone ever being ever hinted as a starter. Murray has been anointed starter since he broke out vs Chiefs last year.
Correct.

Jarnet87

I thought Richardson was given the job but yeah just read he may not make the team, and he has been terrible. I don't think there is a definitive handcuff for Murray, but Roy Helu has shown at times he is a decent fantasy RB. If Murray were to get hurt there might be some value there.

Murray is the better value, giving up a 13th round pick vs the 6th but I'd still go Sanders since it's a PPR league, and again I think you have a much better chance at redrafting Murray over Sanders.

Beach

I thought Richardson was given the job but yeah just read he may not make the team, and he has been terrible. I don't think there is a definitive handcuff for Murray, but Roy Helu has shown at times he is a decent fantasy RB. If Murray were to get hurt there might be some value there.

Murray is the better value, giving up a 13th round pick vs the 6th but I'd still go Sanders since it's a PPR league, and again I think you have a much better chance at redrafting Murray over Sanders.

It's all good

And being a PPR league as you said makes the choice tougher. It's a win win situation, I think it's better to guarantee a RB for that cheap and focus on WRS early on but that's just me.

bchamba

12 team .5 ppr, no kicker or defense, extra flex spot, went 0 rb during the draft

QB - Stafford
WR - Brown, Calvin, Matthews, Charles Johnson, Michael Floyd, Perriman
RB - Abdullah, Spiller, Yeldon, Coleman, Gray
TE - Olsen, Richard Rodgers

Don't like how i ended up with so many Lions but the value for Abdullah and Stafford were too good to pass up. Waiting for the inevitable RB injuries to place FAAB bids on backups

I had quite possibly the worst draft ever because I got off work too late for the start of it. Missed my first 4 picks.

Starters:
QB - Tannehill (Dolphins)
RB - Lacy (Packers)
RB - CJ Anderson (Broncos)
WR - Mike Evans (Bucs)
WR - Cooks (Saints)
TE - Olsen (Carolina)
FLEX - Hill (Cincy)
DEF - Rams
K - Gostkowski

Bench:
QB - Manning (Giants)
RB - Murray (Raiders)
RB - Abdullah (Lions)
WR - Tate (Lions)
WR - Marshall (Jets)
DEF - Ravens
K - Bryant (Falcons)

I'm tempted to trade one or more of my WRs (or Anderson since I don't trust Broncos RBs) for a better QB, but Tannehill and Manning were the 9th & 10th ranked QBs in all of fantasy last year which makes me think I should just go back and forth between the two all year. Advice?

Edwardo

I cant wait to draft. Drafting is so addicting lol.

I have some options for our 14 team keeper league and I think I'm pretty such set on my keepers, but just in case.. I'd like to hear opinions.

Jamaal Charles - 1st rd
Leveon Bell - 1st rd
Julio Jones - 1st rd
Russel Wilson - 7th rd

I'm thinkin taking Charles and Bell for my first two rounds. I wont have a pick til near the end of the third this way, but I think it'll be worth it to have two nice rbs.

I cant wait to draft. Drafting is so addicting lol.

I have some options for our 14 team keeper league and I think I'm pretty such set on my keepers, but just in case.. I'd like to hear opinions.

Jamaal Charles - 1st rd
Leveon Bell - 1st rd
Julio Jones - 1st rd
Russel Wilson - 7th rd

I'm thinkin taking Charles and Bell for my first two rounds. I wont have a pick til near the end of the third this way, but I think it'll be worth it to have two nice rbs.

My advice is to always take a top RB or a top WR (or in some cases a top TE if Graham and Gronk are available) with the first two picks. RBs get injured throughout the season, and there's almost always decent RB2 to be found in later rounds. I don't think Wilson will be there in the 7th round.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Drafted in one of my leagues already. 10 team standard I was 8th pick. Quite happy with it. Could be stronger at RB and probably too many rookies.

QB E. Manning
RB J. Forsett
RB M. Gordon
WR A. Brown
WR E. Sanders
TE R. Gronkowski
FL J. Randle
K. S. Hauscka
DF Rams

BN A. Abdullah
BN D. Martin
BN M. Bryant
BN N. Agholor
BN M. Colston
BN T. Eifert

Hoodbury

Playing FF for the first time since highschool, so around 17 or 18 years ago, gulp.

I have the second pick in a 10 player league. I'm thinking of going RB and WR heavy for quite a few rounds and then maybe going Tannehill for QB eventually. Probably Peterson or Charles for my first pick.

Honestly I really have no idea what I'm doing so hopefully I don't mess this up too bad, heh. Draft is on Sunday.

bchamba

I had quite possibly the worst draft ever because I got off work too late for the start of it. Missed my first 4 picks.

Starters:
RB - Lacy (Packers)
WR - Mike Evans (Bucs)
WR - Cooks (Saints)
TE - Olsen (Carolina)
FLEX - Hill (Cincy)
DEF - Rams
K - Gostkowski

Bench:
QB - Manning (Giants)
RB - Murray (Raiders)
RB - Abdullah (Lions)
WR - Tate (Lions)
WR - Marshall (Jets)
DEF - Ravens
K - Bryant (Falcons)

I'm tempted to trade one or more of my WRs (or Anderson since I don't trust Broncos RBs) for a better QB, but Tannehill and Manning were the 9th & 10th ranked QBs in all of fantasy last year which makes me think I should just go back and forth between the two all year. Advice?

You'll be good. Based on the players on your bench this is a shallow league with plenty of upside players still in free agency. Unless your league requires you to roster a backup kicker and D I would drop those and pick up more position players.

RBH

It's all good

And being a PPR league as you said makes the choice tougher. It's a win win situation, I think it's better to guarantee a RB for that cheap and focus on WRS early on but that's just me.
I'm guess I'm just a little hesitant on Murray since he's not as proven of a commodity as Sanders, but he would essentially be a free pick.

12 team, .5 PPR

QB Tony Romo, Dal
RB Jonathan Stewart, Car
RB Frank Gore, Ind
WR Dez Bryant, Dal
WR Julio Jones, Atl
TE Dwayne Allen, IND
FLEX Brandon Marshall, NYJ
D/ST Rams D/ST

9gP37cv.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Draft Matthew Stafford when/if you can. I'm surprised to see so many people starting Eli Manning in FF in the year 2015.

The Lions offense is full of playmakers from Golden Tate, Megatron, Ameer Abdullah etc. But one may have an off week while the other gets the attention/points.

The one consistent to this 30 point a game offense will be Matthew Stafford.

Draft Matthew Stafford when/if you can. I'm surprised to see so many people starting Eli Manning in FF in the year 2015.

The Lions offense is full of playmakers from Golden Tate, Megatron, Ameer Abdullah etc. But one may have an off week while the other gets the attention/points.

The one consistent to this 30 point a game offense will be Matthew Stafford.
Eli has Beckham, healthy Cruz, Randle, Donnell, Jennings and Vereen in Year 2 of the Green Bay offense.

Had my draft yesterday. Ended up with the 4th overall pick and my roster is:

QB: Big Ben/Cam Newton
RB: AP/Jeremy Hill/TJ Yeldon/Alfred Blue
WR:Keenan Allen/Vincent Jackson/Steve Smith Sr./Martavis Bryant/Mohammed Sanu
TE: Rudolph/Dwayne Allen
Defense: Arizona
Kicker: McManus (DEN)

Don't feel too strong about Receiver at all. My draft decided to do a third round reversal for some reason and it really fucked me over since I went RB with my first two and there was a run on receiver before we came back to me.

Ferny

Had my auction draft last night. My squad is below

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Davante Adams
RB: Le'Veon Bell, CJ Spiller, Todd Gurley
TE: Heath Miller, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Defense: Denver
Kicker: Connor Barth

I feel pretty good about the team. Bell will really get things going in game 3 and Brown and Thomas will really pick it up on my WR core week to week. It's a 1-PPR league as well.

SummitAve

Banned
Had my auction draft last night. My squad is below

I feel pretty good about the team. Bell will really get things going in game 3 and Brown and Thomas will really pick it up on my WR core week to week. It's a 1-PPR league as well.

That's heavy Pitt. Better hope their offense lives up to the hype!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lmao, your character is consistent, I'll give you that.

It's not a character it's the same advice I give to friends IRL. Last year wasn't a particularly good season for Stafford, Fantasy Football wise, but overall he's been one of the best FF QBs since his 2011 season.

This offense will be dropping points on opposing teams and you can already see that with the 3 preseason games he's had so far.

Game 1 and 3 he had a near perfect passer rating.

Stafford is 27 years old and about to his the prime of his QB career.

If I were to draft any of the Lions WRs or RBs I would draft Golden Tate above all our other studs if we're talking FF.

Eli has Beckham, healthy Cruz, Randle, Donnell, Jennings and Vereen in Year 2 of the Green Bay offense.

Eli is a great QB who has been clutch throughout but has never been a great fantasy QB outside of a couple of seasons.

He had a great year last year but he's hitting 34 and I just think we'll start to see a gradual decline as age kicks in.

Starters:
RB - Lacy (Packers)
WR - Mike Evans (Bucs)
WR - Cooks (Saints)
TE - Olsen (Carolina)
FLEX - Hill (Cincy)
DEF - Rams
K - Gostkowski

Bench:
QB - Manning (Giants)
RB - Murray (Raiders)
RB - Abdullah (Lions)
WR - Tate (Lions)
WR - Marshall (Jets)
DEF - Ravens
K - Bryant (Falcons)

I'd be more happy with that team. Evans and Cooks are both going in the third rd, Abdullah and Tate are both going too early in the 4th, then you also have Marshall, Olsen and Murray that all could have gone in the 5th. You showed up in time to grab a lot of value sliding in the draft.

Tanni/Eli stream pair really well together, I'm actually targeting those two considering were they are falling. Together you'll have top 5 QB.

I'm not a big Lacy fan but I've Anderson the first RB near the turn. I'm having trouble figuring out how high is too high on Anderson.

Hey guys it's a week left for people to pay for the league I'm running located here, I plan to kick out people who haven't paid next Saturday. If you're looking for a league to join and you can pay with Paypal fast add yourself to the wait list please.

Settings
League Draft Date: Sunday, September 6th, 8:30 PM Eastern, 5:30 PM Pacific
Draft Type: Snake Draft

Buy-In / Payment Structure
For 16 people x $40 = $640
1st gets 45% = $288
2nd gets 27.5% = $176
3rd gets 17.5% = $112
4th gets 6.25% = $40 (get Buy-In back)
Highest Scoring Non-Playoff Team: $24

Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list Tiebreak
Weekly Waivers Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoff Reseeding: No
Divisions: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
League Pickem: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN

Dosia

Do you think I should trade TY for Lamar Miller? I feel I need a better RB and dont trust Yeldon.

I offered TY, Kelce, Yeldon for his Miller and Gronk. I doubt he accept, but he needs a WR and I need a RB.

MacAttack

I have the first overall pick in a 10 team PPR league. (woot!) Usually there is a clear cut no. 1 but this year it seems a little tougher, heres what Im thinking:

Im leaning toward Adrian Peterson because his consistency is so good. I think the year off last season will be good for his body and he'll have a chip on his shoulder. His age, lack of PPR production and potential to have TDs vultured by Asiata make me a little hesitant to pull the trigger.

Leveon Bell is going to be a beast and his receptions are a big plus in the PPR format. Missing the first two games because of suspension is a bit of a red herring because by the end of the season his numbers should rank among the elite rbs. Id like to pick him but the suspension plus injury history is concerning.

I drafted Eddie Lacy last season and despite being as consistent as any other back down the stretch, his first four games were a big part of my team starting 0-4 and digging a hole I couldnt recover from. He also seems to have less upside than Peterson in comparison.

I like Jamaal Charles and have been on both sides of his hit or miss seasons. It seems like he lost a lot of work to Niles Davis last year and that trend will likely continue this year. Still a beast in PPR so I cant necissarily rule him out.

After typing this up I'm more convinced about picking AP but Id like to hear what you guys think.

Beach

Yeah that was my throw it out there and see what happens offer. What do you think about just ty for miller?

I would just hold off until the season starts. Personally I think Andrew Luck will be absolutely ridiculous this year and TY will be the primary benificienary.

If shit hits the fan and TJ really isn't doing anything after a week or two then I would go in panic mode.

Dosia

I would just hold off until the season starts. Personally I think Andrew Luck will be absolutely ridiculous this year and TY will be the primary benificienary.

If shit hits the fan and TJ really isn't doing anything after a week or two then I would go in panic mode.

Yeah as long as Hill is solid I should be ok. Thanks for the advice

QP3

I'm in an 8-team money league with bunch of high school buddies. Haven't played in a few years due to military, but I am very competitive, so this will end up consuming me.

Being in an 8-team league, is it safe to say I can pick up defenses on a week to week basis? I had the rams (vs. SEA), but switched them out for Carolina (@ JAC) week 1.

Also, Brees (@ARI) or Newton (@JAC) week 1?

I'm in an 8-team money league with bunch of high school buddies. Haven't played in a few years due to military, but I am very competitive, so this will end up consuming me.

Being in an 8-team league, is it safe to say I can pick up defenses on a week to week basis? I had the rams (vs. SEA), but switched them out for Carolina (@ JAC) week 1.

Also, Brees (@ARI) or Newton (@JAC) week 1?

Yeah, 8 teams has treasure chests of riches on the waiver wire unless you have very long rosters (normal is 9 players + 5-6 bench, if you have more than expect more constraints)

Week 1 is always the scariest. I'd go Brees and Panthers, though secretly I'm pretty sure the Jags can beat the Panthers this week, I'm sure there is room for turnovers.

Starters:

QB: R. Wilson
RB1: E. Lacy
RB2: J. Randle
WR1: O. Beckham Jr.
WR2: E. Sanders
Flex: ???
TE: R. Gronkowski
D: Miami
K: D. Bailey

Bench:

QB: T. Brady
RB: J. Stewart
RB: A. Ellington
RB: J. Bell
RB: R. Jennings
WR: D. Hopkins
WR: J. Edelman
WR: M. Bryant
WR: M. Wallace
TE: J. Thomas

So what's my biggest problem here? RB2 or WR2? Maybe Flex?

I'm really happy with my QBs, TEs and RB1/WR1. Unfortunately, RB2/WR2 and Flex look like a total crap shoot.

Sumidor

Starters:

QB: R. Wilson
RB1: E. Lacy
WR1: O. Beckham Jr.
WR2: E. Sanders
Flex: ???
TE: R. Gronkowski

Bench:

RB: J. Stewart
RB: A. Ellington
RB: J. Bell
RB: R. Jennings
WR: D. Hopkins
WR: J. Edelman
WR: M. Bryant
WR: M. Wallace
TE: J. Thomas

So what's my biggest problem here? RB2 or WR2? Maybe Flex?

I'm really happy with my QBs, TEs and RB1/WR1. Unfortunately, RB2/WR2 and Flex look like a total crap shoot.
Is this a PPR league?

This is a soild team. I don't like Randle that much, especially with all the talk of them going into a strict RBBC. I would start Jennings over Randle. And Sanders is back in practice, so he should be good to go for week 1.

As for your flex, I like Hopkins or J Stewart. Hopkins is by far their best reciever, and even with their terrible QB situation, he should get tons of targets. As for Stewart, he's looks pretty good in the preseason, maybe not numbers wise, but he looks healthy. And with Deangelo gone, he SHOULD get around 15-20 touches a game. His TD numbers will be lacking because of Tolbert and Cam, but he should put up solid yardage.

Standard scoring, and thanks for the advice. I'm down on Randle too, but do you think he's worth a trial RB2 run? Jennings seems just as iffy to me, and won't he also have RB competition in NY?

So I had a choice between OBJ and Dez, and I picked OBJ. Just out of curiosity, but would anyone here have gone with Dez instead?

Hey guys. 10 man NFL.com league, standard scoring.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Leveon Bell
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Demaryius Thomas
Flex: Jarvis Landry
TE: Charles Clay

Bench:

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Latavius Murray
RB: A. Abdullah
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins

QBs are trade bait, and I know my TE situation is pretty dire.

Here are the highest projected players remaining at these 3 positions:

Top undrafted RB:
Vereen, Duke Johnson, Sankey, McFadden, Charles Sims, Woodhead, David Cobb, Jonas Gray, Roy Hely, Ronnie Hillman, Knile Davis

Top undrafted WR: Colston, Decker, Mike Wallace, Boldin, Agholor, Sanu, Breshad Perriman, Dwayne Bowe, Rob Woods, Charles Johnson, DeVante Parker

Top undrafted TE:
Vernon Davis, Larry Donnell, Ladarius Green, Owen Daniels, Jordan Reed, Eric Ebron, Josh Hill, Jace Amaro, Jared Cook, Mychal Rivera, Jacob Tamme

Sumidor

Standard scoring, and thanks for the advice. I'm down on Randle too, but do you think he's worth a trial RB2 run? Jennings seems just as iffy to me, and won't he also have RB competition in NY?

So I had a choice between OBJ and Dez, and I picked OBJ. Just out of curiosity, but would anyone here have gone with Dez instead?

Jennings will lose snaps to Vereen in passing downs, and Williams is probably going to be the goal line back. But he's still their number 1 back, so he should get 10-15 carries/touches a game. Where I see Randle could have a good game, then be a nonfactor the next game. I've also read a few reports that McFadden has taken over as the lead back, but they were more speculation.

Personally I like Dez more, because he's produced year in and year out. While I think OBJ has the higher ceiling, I tend to lean towards players who have a proven track record.

Hey guys. 10 man NFL.com league, standard scoring.
QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Leveon Bell
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Demaryius Thomas
Flex: Jarvis Landry
TE: Charles Clay

Bench:
QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Latavius Murray
RB: A. Abdullah
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins

QBs are trade bait, and I know my TE situation is pretty dire.

I would get Clay off your team and pick up one of the half dozen WR values. Agholor tops the list. In a smaller leagues stream TE don't waste the roster spot. You could do something like Seferan-Jenkins Vs TEN, Jared Cook @WAS, Donnell Vs WAS, Hill Vs DAL for the first 4 wks.

I doubt you'll be able to get rid of those QBs unless someone else hoarded them in your league to stream.

How did you get Bell, Brown and Thomas in the first 3 rds?

UberTag

How did you get Bell, Brown and Thomas in the first 3 rds?
Either it's a keeper league or he's in a 10-team league with morons.
And with the likes of Decker, Agholor and Charles Johnson sitting on the waiver wire I'm inclined to think it's the latter.

VoxPop

My main league changed to an auction draft .5ppr this year from a standard league (12 team). Draft came out of nowhere so I couldn't really practice for it. First time doing auction. I've been top 4 or winner in my league every year. Might come to an end :p

QB: CAM NEWTON / MATTHEW STAFFORD
WR: DEMARIYUS THOMAS
WR: DEZ BRYANT
RB: DEMARCO MURRAY
RB: DOUG MARTIN
TE: GREG OLSEN
FLEX: JONAS GRAY
K: PHIL DAWSON
DEF: JETS

BN: DOUG BALDWIN
BN: DAVID JOHNSON
BN: CAMERON ARTIS PAYNE
BN: BRESHAD PERRIMAN
BN: TY MONTGOMERY

Just hoping Demarco doesn't get injured and Doug Martin has a decent season since it's his contract year. I need a decent flex real bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom