• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Draft |OT| The Resurrection of the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

So, what are the chances that the Spurs land LMA. :3

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 13m13 minutes ago
If LMA is out -- and I've heard nothing to indicate otherwise -- Spurs probably start as slight favorites to get him.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 12m12 minutes ago
Unless Duncan and Manu take insane discounts, I don't see a way SAS can give LMA a max w/o: 1) Letting Green walk; 2) Trading Splitter.

Kickz

If the Wolves could trade to the end of the lottery and get Kaminsky to pair with Towns (and try to fill the gaping fucking black hole that is the 4 on their roster) I'd love that, but it's never going to happen.

Karl can play 4, as well as 5.

I think the plan would be to start at the 5 with KG at the 4 and then Dieng comes in for KG and he slides to the 4.

hahahaha holy fuck $11m of Karl's $14.5m contract is fully guaranteed. Amazing.

Eh who cares, not like it counts against the cap or anything..

Heysoos

If LMA is out -- and I've heard nothing to indicate otherwise -- Spurs probably start as slight favorites to get him.

Unless Duncan and Manu take insane discounts, I don't see a way SAS can give LMA a max w/o: 1) Letting Green walk; 2) Trading Splitter.

Think I read somewhere earlier that Spurs were actively letting teams know Splitter was available for trades. I hope we don't let Green walk. He's such an integral part of the defense. Oh well, not getting my hopes up on the Spurs landing a major free agent until it happens.

Fine we'll take Green.

Jarate

Banned
Not if he were 22 they wouldn't. His problem is that he doesn't have much of a ceiling. He is what he is. He's in the Channing Frye (oh look a black guy) or Ryan Anderson mold and I wouldn't want either of those guys with a top 5 or 10 pick either. At that range you have to try and at least find guys that can project to be all stars, even if it's riskier than taking a guy like Kaminsky.
Channing Frye never shot 3s in college

Ryan Anderson had some similar stats with cal but theyre team was shit and didnt have other scoring options

Kaminsky scored over points while being guarded by WCS and Towns, and yet hes apparently unathletic

Dudes good, idk where all this negativity is coming from, weve seen him beat NBA caliber front courts when he was the #1 scoring option. Theres a reason hes slated to go top 13 in a draft with 13 good prospects

Channing Frye never shot 3s in college

Ryan Anderson had some similar stats with cal but theyre team was shit and didnt have other scoring options

Kaminsky scored over points while being guarded by WCS and Towns, and yet hes apparently unathletic

Dudes good, idk where all this negativity is coming from, weve seen him beat NBA caliber front courts when he was the #1 scoring option. Theres a reason hes slated to go top 13 in a draft with 13 good prospects

You should be happy if he slips in the draft, it means he won't be mired in mediocrity for years and years.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Karl can play 4, as well as 5.

I think the plan would be to start at the 5 with KG at the 4 and then Dieng comes in for KG and he slides to the 4.
But he's better at the 5, and that should be the goal long term. I would be shocked if they got 1000 minutes out of KG this year. Same with Pek. Dieng is a bench guy at best. Bennett and Payne are fucking terrible. That's a lot of roster flotsam. Maybe they'll do the right thing and bring over Bjelica, but... there's not really room on the roster!

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Blazers are fucked..

Looks like OKC slides back into the playoffs easily

Barring another injury-plagued season, doesn't "OKC in the playoffs" kinda go without saying?

Kickz

But he's better at the 5, and that should be the goal long term. I would be shocked if they got 1000 minutes out of KG this year. Same with Pek. Dieng is a bench guy at best. Bennett and Payne are fucking terrible. That's a lot of roster flotsam. Maybe they'll do the right thing and bring over Bjelica, but... there's not really room on the roster!

Which is why Flip is probably trying to unload Bennett

Barring another injury-plagued season, doesn't "OKC in the playoffs" kinda go without saying?

Yea but there is no resistance now

Gigglepoo

Whatever happened to the "Justise Winslow should be one of the top picks" buzz?

That's a big if, though. No one knows what Durant's future is going to be. And, because he's a free agent, he may be more likely to "rest" than in seasons past if he has even the slightest foot pain.

gazele

Banned

That's a big if, though. No one knows what Durant's future is going to be. And, because he's a free agent, he may be more likely to "rest" than in seasons past if he has even the slightest foot pain.

Not sure, but I'm glad he's dropping, I think he could be the best player in this draft in 5 years

Sandfox

Both Russell and Oka for have skills I love so I don't think liking one over the other is all that bad.

He had poor workouts and there are questions about him since he playing pf at Duke.

Bread

Banned
I really hope the Lakers don't trade Randyl. I feel like a Randal/Okaford will make up for its lack of defense with great offense. And even if they take Russell, imagine a Randell/Russell pick and roll for the next 10 years, LA fans...

Sandfox

I really hope the Lakers don't trade Randyl. I feel like a Randal/Okaford will make up for its lack of defense with great offense. And even if they take Russell, imagine a Randell/Russell pick and roll for the next 10 years, LA fans...
Both of them are fully capable of improving defensively.

6'4" in socks. Mid 60s at the line, terrible 2 point jumper percentage, though both improved as the season progressed, particularly after January when he was injured.

But basically the 6'4 in socks. He's not a big man, and he's not a point guard you could turn loose to run wild, so he doesn't fit either of the historical or recent popular trends.

Fjordson

I think Wrandle has a chance to come back strong this year. Dude did some special things at UK. Just a matter of how healthy the leg is.

I feel like they might get in each other's way on offense though. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking Russell. I think he and Okafor are probably at about the same level of risk/reward but I just think it's going to be easier to find bigs in free agency than it will be to find elite PGs.

Masterful spelling troll.

I think Wrandle has a chance to come back strong this year. Dude did some special things at UK. Just a matter of how healthy the leg is.

E tu?

Tom Penny

I feel like they might get in each other's way on offense though. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking Russell. I think he and Okafor are probably at about the same level of risk/reward but I just think it's going to be easier to find bigs in free agency than it will be to find elite PGs.

PG is the deepest position in the NBA.

Jarate

Banned
I feel like taking Russell over Okafor is just over-thinking it.
I personally dont like Okafor, and really like Russel, but he seems to be higher rated

Also, Lakers already have a good scoring big man who cant defend in randle, their defense would be horrid with okafor. But Okafors offensive game is pretty ridiculous. But I could see Okafor falling to the Knicks and being a bust because hes a Knick

CIYOMMFXAAAhv1H.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom