• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

CGh6HdBUQAAVZeb.png:large

Damn that just makes me more pissed that we managed to find a way to lose to the Mavs that first year.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
LeBron's not the type of player who will commit to taking over a game through sheer streak volume scoring, which is what he really has to do to carry his underdog team to an upset.

In last year's finals, LeBron had the ball at the top of the key with Tony Parker guarding him numerous times. He'd just pass away the ball without even driving, and it was perplexing. This was in the middle of the Spurs' game-ending runs too, with Miami desperate for buckets.

Ape

Banned
I'm going to love watching Kyrie on one leg trying to stop Steph. I'll have to put my hands over my wife's sensitive little eyes. She might have nightmares.

Sunny K

Banned
Keep underestimating LeBron, it'll only show how foolish y'all truly are. LeGoat and his team wiped the floor with these posers the last time they met and he'll do it again. They don't even need Kevin Love or Kyrie to be fully healthy. Cavs in 6, though I won't be shocked if they sweep.

makes me feel not a lot of folks have watched the warriors play during the regular season and in the playoffs.

hoping for a dubs sweep.

Judging by past conversations here, I would guarantee they haven't. So many people posted thinking Klay played after he got hit in the head, so many people thinking Thompson is better than Green despite almost every metric and him being the most hard working guy on the team.

Can't wait until they get introduced to this team and see what they've been missing while they watched Lebron chuck up shots all playoffs.

Judging by past conversations here, I would guarantee they haven't. So many people posted thinking Klay played after he got hit in the head, so many people thinking Thompson is better than Green despite almost every metric and him being the most hard working guy on the team.

Can't wait until they get introduced to this team and see what they've been missing while they watched Lebron chuck up shots all playoffs.
It's pretty simple: statistically, this warriors team is superior to last year's Spurs and the current Cavs squad is worse than the Heat team Lebron had last year. It almost goes without saying, but since these warriors haven't done it before and lebron has, well, I guess people think it's the safer bet to go with Lebron for whatever reason.

THRILLH0

Banned
Keep underestimating LeBron, it'll only show how foolish y'all truly are. LeGoat and his team wiped the floor with these posers the last time they met and he'll do it again. They don't even need Kevin Love or Kyrie to be fully healthy. Cavs in 6, though I won't be shocked if they sweep.

PEACE

Spinluck

:lol

Furyous alt acct???

Cavs in 7

*shrugs* I've made a fair bit of change these playoffs, just clocked in 600 bucks betting on GS in game 5, but I'm placing my bet on Cleveland to take the series.

I like them to win on the offensive glass, keeping turnovers down, and stifling Klay Thompson/playing great defense overall.

I think the way the Cavs handled the Hawks is being underrated. Lots of "LOL fraud hawks", but the Cavs have been incredibly consistent at keeping turnovers low and playing incredible defense through these playoffs--and making the timely shots needed from a variety of guys who can hit them: Smith, Kyrie, LBJ (who is more than due to find his shot).

I actually think the Warriors are an easier team to defend than the Hawks. Atlanta didn't shoot well in the playoffs, but their movement is better, a lot more disciplined team basketball, better half court stuff, but the Warriors are just a lot more talented and deep. If the Cavs can keep turnovers low--that's half the battle in stopping the Warriors offensive potency.

Turnovers turnovers turnovers will be key.

and vegas is shook

5 and a half point spread on the road? with all the hype GS is getting? and knowing pretty much the end of the game is a +4 points off free throws alone to extend games to whoever is winning?

shit is basically a coin flip and the money lines are such to just generate action--they don't know what to do with this series and for good reason

zychi

Banned
and vegas is shook

5 and a half point spread on the road? with all the hype GS is getting? and knowing pretty much the end of the game is a +4 points off free throws alone to extend games to whoever is winning?

shit is basically a coin flip and the money lines are such to just generate action--they don't know what to do with this series and for good reason

Vegas knows the refs are fixing it apparently. Bron bringing a title to Cle thanks to Crawford and the other old stooges.

PierceStruggleFace1.gif

I look forward to your delusions being shattered when reality hits home and the Cavs look like an average team when they finally come up against proper competition.

Meh, if that happens I won't be phased. It's supposed to happen according to all experts and the predictive data. I'm just having fun with it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I actually think the Warriors are an easier team to defend than the Hawks. Atlanta didn't shoot well in the playoffs, but their movement is better, a lot more disciplined team basketball, better half court stuff, but the Warriors are just a lot more talented and deep. If the Cavs can keep turnovers low--that's half the battle in stopping the Warriors offensive potency.

Were we watching the same series? There were plenty of times where ATL stopped passing the ball, had too many iso possessions, and had terrible player movement. Yes, the Cavs defense was part of causing that at times, but there was some awful execution that made things easier for Cleveland to defend. GS had similar stretches, but were able to break out of it once they got their half court offense flowing again due to their defensive stops leading to better offense.

Gigglepoo

He's got the NBA on his side though. Just think of all the money to be made out of a story about Cleveland finally winning a championship in a major sport. LeBron going back to his home after abandoning them 4 years ago

It's a bigger story if he loses. Then you have all of off-season, next year's regular season, and the playoffs focusing on the Cleveland storyline. Once they win (if they win), it won't be interesting anymore.

Just remember the fallout of the Mavericks championship. Everyone doubled down on the LeBron coverage.

Fjordson

I don't see how the Hawks would be more difficult to defend than the Warriors. They were starting Kent Bazemore at shooting guard after two games lol. And the Warriors have been scoring more points with more assists at a higher efficiency than the Hawks this post season.

This will be a tough series, though. I would love for it to be some cakewalk for GS as a Dubs fan, but I can easily see a 7 game series. Maybe 6 if either team gets on a roll.

Tristan Thompson is a bad matchup for the Warriors frontcourt if Bogut gets into foul trouble. Dude is animal on the boards and quick.
But Livingston, like with Houston, is a bad matchup for the Cavs, especially if he operates with Curry and Thompson on the floor, drawing the attention of Shump/JR\Lebron.

The Warriors can put Steph on Shump without worrying too much about getting burned. Iman doesnt have great scoring ability off the dribble. Put Thompson on Kyrie and give him a taste of length from Klay, Iguadala, Livingston.
Jr is problematic on PnR switches involving Curry, because he does have handles and a lethal jumper.
Not sure who the Cavs "hide" Kyrie on. Barnes is too big for him and he doesnt have the defensive mindset to chase Klay around screens.

Gigglepoo

Not sure who the Cavs "hide" Kyrie on. Barnes is too big for him and he doesnt have the defensive mindset to chase Klay around screens.

If he struggles scoring, the Cavs would be better off benching him. He's going to be a huge liability no matter who he guards. It's almost a good thing that Love is injured. The Cavs would be run out of the gym with two non-defenders on the court at the same time.

Ranvier

Got tickets to the game this thursday. I'm nervous as heck. But I've been to one game each series and dubs haven't dissapointed yet (least to the games I went to). I think it all depends on Jr and dray. If Jr hits those 3s when we double bron dubs are screwed but if dray is hitting and can stretch the floor, dubs might be ok. Of course I always go super pessimistic in situations like this.

Fjordson

Got tickets to the game this thursday. I'm nervous as heck. But I've been to one game each series and dubs haven't dissapointed yet (least to the games I went to). I think it all depends on Jr and dray. If Jr hits those 3s when we double bron dubs are screwed but if dray is hitting and can stretch the floor, dubs might be ok. Of course I always go super pessimistic in situations like this.
Honestly I'm really pessimistic as a fan also. I always am and don't know why lmao.

Like I'm expecting injured Kyrie to shut down Curry somehow. So nervous.

BadAss2961

Don't double LeBron. He can't win without his shooters going off.

Warriors also have like 3 guys to throw at him on defense. Dray, Iggy, and Barnes.

Ranvier

They only played twice during the regular season and Bron bron didn't play in the first so sample size is size is small but from what I saw; LeBron pulled the same move thrice on Barnes and dray. Draw the big man away from the paint and drop the rock off to bron on the strong side baseline. It was essentially isoball here and he simple backed Barnes and dray down to the paint, spin move (which they were too slow to react to) and easy off the glass basket. Obviously they need help. Iggy probably has the best one on one chance against this but really only on the perimeter once he gets you into the paint it's over.

I think ideally curry comes over to harass LeBron on the ball. While this leaves kyrie open, he prefers to drive. Kyrie a good shooter, but not great (excluding that one ot spurs game). Not sure about percentages but right now I'd rather have a slightly hurt kyrie taking that 3 over Jr or shump. If he drives, bougs can colaspe.

I'm curious to see how the warriors small ball will play out. Usually they can do a ridiculous amount of switching with 4 fast 6'7 guys and curry. Also we can potentially get kyrie or delly on Livingston which really works in the warriors favor. I dunno, I think I'm just rambling now, too many what ifs.

But real talk, what are the chances we see a dlee sighting? I wonder if speights will even get minutes.

ViciousDS

Banned
I fucking hate this wheel chair zombie, but dammit I wish he played LeBron one more time.

watch his documentary, it made me respect him a lot. I used to fucking hate Pierce as well......but damn did he have an insanely rough life getting to where he is.

They only played twice during the regular season and Bron bron didn't play in the first so sample size is size is small but from what I saw; LeBron pulled the same move thrice on Barnes and dray. Draw the big man away from the paint and drop the rock off to bron on the strong side baseline. It was essentially isoball here and he simple backed Barnes and dray down to the paint, spin move (which they were too slow to react to) and easy off the glass basket. Obviously they need help. Iggy probably has the best one on one chance against this but really only on the perimeter once he gets you into the paint it's over.

I think ideally curry comes over to harass LeBron on the ball. While this leaves kyrie open, he prefers to drive. Kyrie a good shooter, but not great (excluding that one ot spurs game). Not sure about percentages but right now I'd rather have a slightly hurt kyrie taking that 3 over Jr or shump. If he drives, bougs can colaspe.

I'm curious to see how the warriors small ball will play out. Usually they can do a ridiculous amount of switching with 4 fast 6'7 guys and curry. Also we can potentially get kyrie or delly on Livingston which really works in the warriors favor. I dunno, I think I'm just rambling now, too many what ifs.

But real talk, what are the chances we see a dlee sighting? I wonder if speights will even get minutes.

Dude, Kyrie has a better percentage than Curry from 3 in the playoffs.

Misterhbk

Meh, if that happens I won't be phased. It's supposed to happen according to all experts and the predictive data. I'm just having fun with it.

Lol you can't have it both ways. You can't claim Lebron is supposed to lose but at the same time he's gonna punk the warriors lol. Giving him the pass on this L before game 1 sees a single dribble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom