• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That there is currently the second best player on this cavs squad.

as if i needed more reasons to hope the cavs don't even get one game in these finals.

Fjordson

It should be noted that Curry has also shot 320% more 3's and yet is only behind Kyrie by 5% in percentage.
Yeah, that's an incredibly deceiving stat (which thehypocrite probably knows). Though I don't think you can just let Kyrie sit back and shoot all day. He can hit the 3.

But this made me look up Curry's stats. I knew he was killing it from 3, but I didn't realize he was shooting 44% on 11 attempts per game. That's fucking incredible. Dude is changing the game.

And against Houston, Curry shot 49% from 3 on 11 attempts per game. Sort of at a loss for words on that one.

zychi

Banned
man, one ray allen miss from being 1-4 in the finals is still crazy
I dont like when people bring this up, even MJ needed Pax and Kerr.
Kobe needed Shaq and big shot Rob. I despise Lebron off the court and his whining on, but the dude is in the finals because of himself. Cavs are an under 30 win team without him, and Miami didnt even make the playoffs this year(Bosh being hurt didnt help). Imagine how bad cle would be with an injured Irving and Love who never made the playoffs until they met Lebron.

Give the guy a little credit

Yeah, that's an incredibly deceiving stat (which thehypocrite probably knows). Though I don't think you can just let Kyrie sit back and shoot all day. He can hit the 3.

But this made me look up Curry's stats. I knew he was killing it from 3, but I didn't realize he was shooting 44% on 11 attempts per game. That's fucking incredible. Dude is changing the game.

And against Houston, Curry shot 49% from 3 on 11 attempts per game. Sort of at a loss for words on that one.

Curry is 91% on left corner 3's (10/11) for the playoffs. Most people can't even hit 91% of their FT's..

NBA Finals Promo- NBA on NBC

I wish they'd bring back roundball rock..

RootCause

Yeah, I'm cool with either, but watching some posters implode in real time certainly adds to the appeal of Cleveland winning.
I've always preferred to enjoy the talent, instead of trying to discredit it. I have nothing against either team, but it would be cool not to hear about what lebron is/isn't for a while. Also, bringing a chip to Cle would make for a good story. Hope it's not like last year, what a snooze fest.

Gigglepoo

One of the worst promo I've seen in a while. The story doesn't even add up. So David is the guy with 67-15 team?
Yeah, I dunno about that. Step it up ABC.

"[LeBron" is not about to relinquish his grasp on basketball's greatest prize"

LeBron isn't the reigning MVP, Finals MVP, or NBA champion so... what is this talking about?

i respect lebron's talent, dude is terrific at the game.

But Cleveland's owner is pretty shitty, that cleveland fans had to pat their burning jerseys down just in time to celebrate his return is ridiculous, and seeing people give lebron too much credit when he's bringing his worst team to the finals against what is statistically one of the best western conference teams in ages just seems like people are being willfully ignorant of the numbers.

These warriors are better than last year's spurs, who pretty much toyed with lebron and co in the finals. seems like it's not going to turn out well for him this year either, especially with the injuries the cavs are coping with

At least Miami fans were mostly apathetic. Seems like Cavs fans are desperate, bitter, and insecure. I remember when Taj Gibson got ejected someone threw something at him as he walked out. Guess that's what he deserves for being leg locked by the dirtiest player in the playoffs (Dwight Howard was a close 2nd).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
One of the worst promo I've seen in a while. The story doesn't even add up. So David is the guy with 67-15 team?
Yeah, I dunno about that. Step it up ABC.

"[LeBron" is not about to relinquish his grasp on basketball's greatest prize"

LeBron isn't the reigning MVP, Finals MVP, or NBA champion so... what is this talking about?

That's a fanmade intro using the NBC Finals audio from the 2001 Finals. The fact that it's the old NBC intro should be a clue, considering they haven't covered the NBA in forever.

effzee

i respect lebron's talent, dude is terrific at the game.

But Cleveland's owner is pretty shitty, that cleveland fans had to pat their burning jerseys down just in time to celebrate his return is ridiculous, and seeing people give lebron too much credit when he's bringing his worst team to the finals against what is statistically one of the best western conference teams in ages just seems like people are being willfully ignorant of the numbers.

These warriors are better than last year's spurs, who pretty much toyed with lebron and co in the finals. seems like it's not going to turn out well for him this year either, especially with the injuries the cavs are coping with

This team is not the worst team he has brought to the finals. That was the 2007 team. 2007 Lebron Cavs were like 2001 AI Sixers bad.

Strange how the only person whose forgiveness matters (LeBron) has forgiven Dan Gilbert and both are fine now, but everyone else in the country who doesn't matter hasn't.

Strange how the only person whose forgiveness matters (LeBron) has forgiven Dan Gilbert and both are fine now, but everyone else in the country who doesn't matter hasn't.

You don't have to seek forgiveness from Gilbert to think he's an asshole and handled the Decision like an asshole.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of 2001, LeBron basically needs to play like Iverson of '01 Finals Game 1 but with better shooting % in every game for Cavs to win this.

If he falls back into extended periods of defer mode for those cheap assists, they're done.

Honestly, the only time I think LeBron has gone into pure attack mode like this was '07 against the Pistons, almost a decade ago.

doesn't change his being shitty, just means that lebron is ok with his shittiness because he can basically do what he wants with the cavs with little to no exceptions.

plus, Gilbert lucked into Lebron the second time thanks to years and years of failure, mismanagement, and incompetence. And that recent domestic abuse video nonsense was tasteless, what other organization would think that was acceptable?

Speaking of 2001, LeBron basically needs to play like Iverson of '01 Finals Game 1 but with better shooting % in every game for Cavs to win this.

If he falls back into extended periods of defer mode for those cheap assists, they're done.

Honestly, the only time I think LeBron has gone into pure attack mode like this was '07 against the Pistons, almost a decade ago.

lebron can try driving to the paint and i'd like to see him do so against a top 2 defense in the league and against Bogut and Green. It's gonna be tough. And if he settles for his crappy midrange jumpers, his incredibly inefficient 3 point shooting this post season, or tries to defer to an injured Kyrie or JR smith, well, it aint gonna look good. They'll live with his iso ball and jump shots, it just means they're gonna have an easy night.

zychi

Banned
If Bron's jumper is gone, this series might be a sweep. I really want 7 games so I can care about this series then. Right now I don't give two shits. It smells of a terrible series. Injuries made the playoffs terrible(and the reffing) but Was would have beaten Cle, and ATL would have too if they were healthy.

I have no excuse for my Bulls, they played like shit, on paper theyre the better team.

They both did and 99% of Cleveland fans are over it so why aren't non-Cleveland fans?

it's battered fan syndrome, cavs fans aren't in the right with taking lebron back like it's all good and shouldn't be supporting this turd of an owner. Just means they're desperate and are undervaluing their self worth

If Bron's jumper is gone, this series might be a sweep. I really want 7 games so I can care about this series then. Right now I don't give two shits. It smells of a terrible series. Injuries made the playoffs terrible(and the reffing) but Was would have beaten Cle, and ATL would have too if they were healthy.

I have no excuse for my Bulls, they played like shit, on paper theyre the better team.

Would ATL have beaten the Cavs if the Cavs were healthy?

The Bulls aren't a better team in any context.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Final prediction: Warriors 4-1. The Warriors are a great team and the Cavs, well they play in the East. I think LeBron will peel off one game just as he did last year, but I don't see this series being that close. A sweep wouldn't surprise me.

it's battered fan syndrome, cavs fans aren't in the right with taking lebron back like it's all good and shouldn't be supporting this turd of an owner. Just means they're desperate and are undervaluing their self worth

All that over a basketball game? I'd go the why so serious route with your avatar and all but that's too easy. Chill out bra, it's just a game. It was just a letter. The other guy threw a ball through a hoop in a different city for a few years. I don't know about you or anyone else but I have better things to hold grudges and be angry about.

Gigglepoo

All that over a basketball game? I'd go the why so serious route with your avatar and all but that's too easy. Chill out bra, it's just a game. It was just a letter. The other guy threw a ball through a hoop in a different city for a few years. I don't know about you or anyone else but I have better things to hold grudges and be angry about.

I think you're underselling how important sports are to many people and communities. It's hard to think something is "just a game" when you see riots after wins (and losses) and jersey's being burned. Many people take sports very seriously.

Heck, I've seen some people take time out of their day to write about sports on a message board. Crazy, I know, but people have an emotional attachment to this stuff.

Lebron James said he enjoyed Pitch Perfect 2.

I went to the movies last week at a regular movie theater. I went to go see umm.... what's the movie with the girls and they be singing..."Pitch Perfect 2," which is unbelievable. Fat Amy is awesome, I love her, wherever you are. You're awesome.”

Having watched the movie myself, I definitely say it is worth a watch if you watched the first one of course.

Rebel Wilson tweeted about the shout out by the King. Lol.

Thanks @KingJames for the shout out today, your taste in movies is as amazing as your basketball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom