• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: holy fuck, didn't know Lebron was shooting so badly in the playoffs. 17% from deep! Guess that will be the strategy on him to open the series.

he's having his most inefficent post season ever and he's up against the league's best defense. I think Lowe is being generous in giving the cavs 2 wins, i don't see how they get 2 on the warriors barring injuries to the Ws.

Cleveland wins by LeBron owning fools and doubters alike in 6 games.

I'll do another prediction, the Cavs win the 1st game which will be considered a fluke.

Ape

Banned
Cleveland wins by LeBron owning fools and doubters alike in 6 games.

I'll do another prediction, the Cavs win the 1st game which will be considered a fluke.

this is so stupid. Cavs lose in five, with four easy wins by the city. The ONLY reason I don't go for the sweep is out of respect for Lebron. That's it. If he wasn't one of the greatest players ever to play the game, I'd say four, but since he's on the Cavs they are good for one.

Golden State in five.

Cavs reload and rematch OKC next year before free agency opens up billion dollar contracts for bench players the following year.

e: haha I said rematch OKC what the fuck am I thinking. I meant Lebron rematches OKC not Cleveland. jfc

You wouldn't put money on them winning the first game.

I would, only reason I haven't is cause my CC doesn't play nice with betting sites. A triple bet on Cavs 1st game, series in 6 and LeBron MVP.

this is so stupid. Cavs lose in five, with four easy wins by the city. The ONLY reason I don't go for the sweep is out of respect for Lebron. That's it. If he wasn't one of the greatest players ever to play the game, I'd say four, but since he's on the Cavs they are good for one.

Golden State in five.

Cavs reload and rematch OKC next year before free agency opens up billion dollar contracts for bench players the following year.

Time will tell.

How is 17% from 3, 30 shots for 30 points Lebron going to beat Golden State when 56% efficiency gawd Lebron couldn't get it done last year?

Ape

Banned
So tell me betting men, the odds have to be almost identical for Cavs win and Lebron MVP right?

forget the odds, neither are happening this year. cavs fans should be happy the east is tough as toilet paper because the honor of playing in the finals is better than they deserve.

forget the odds, neither are happening this year. cavs fans should be happy the east is tough as toilet paper because the honor of playing in the finals is better than they deserve.

oh shut the fuck up already, one BBB in this thread is enough

anyway, here's some of the stats Lowe was citing in that post (linked because it's 5000 goddamn pixels tall)

I'm saying Cavs in six as well. They take one of two in Oakland, both in Cleveland, lose game five and win the series at the Q.

I'm from Akron though. This prediction is fueled by homerism.

GO CAVS

Ape

Banned
oh shut the fuck up already, one BBB in this thread is enough

anyway, here's some of the stats Lowe was citing in that post (linked because it's 5000 goddamn pixels tall)

I'm not sure what BBB stands for, but it probably isn't a good thing.

What I'm saying is true. Lebron was rewarded for beating a bunch of teams without pulses and it's ridiculous. If the NBA would realign seeding during the playoffs, the cavs would be out in the 1st or at most 2nd round. It's as if the Mavs played in the east and just ran through all those joke teams.

e: Cavs in 6? You guys are delusional.

What I'm saying is true. Lebron was rewarded for beating a bunch of teams without pulses and it's ridiculous.

So did you even read the Zach Lowe piece I keep bringing up (or the screenshot of Pelton's article in the post you responded to, which is directly cited in that piece) that explicitly mentions this not actually being the case, or is this another NBA-GAF Hot Take™?

They have outscored postseason opponents by 10 points per 100 possessions, a better margin than Golden State, and as Kevin Pelton pointed out at ESPN.com, that (slight) superiority holds up even when you adjust for the quality of competition.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Golden State beat an 8 seeded Pelicans, an injury depleted Grizzlies team, and the Rockettes. See, we can all play this game. Cavs won 14 of 15 against the West after the Smith/Shump/Mozgov deal, too. :)

Ape

Banned
So did you even read the Zach Lowe piece I keep bringing up (or the screenshot of Pelton's article in the post you responded to, which is directly cited in that piece) that explicitly mentions this not actually being the case, or is this another NBA-GAF Hot Take™?

Did you know that point differential doesn't decide who wins a series. It's just a basis of an article to get people to pay for Insider. What's the difference between the teams? 0.3? That's hilarious. People are so easily influenced by ESPN and especially that INSIDER header. It makes them feel like it's especially insightful.

Golden State beat an 8 seeded Pelicans, an injury depleted Grizzlies team, and the Rockettes. See, we can all play this game. Cavs won 14 of 15 against the West after the Smith/Shump/Mozgov deal, too. :)

Cavs wouldn't beat the Grizz or Rockets in a best of 7. I'd give them the Pels.

Did you know that this stat (that doesn't support my infantile washemplae-based argument that NCAA Division 2 teams could beat 14 teams in the East) doesn't count, because

Pop did really well with that strategy in 3 series with Lebron.

Live with wide open jumpers. Like I can't fucking believe I am this wide open jumpers. Don't let him live in the paint and get the rest of his team involved. Odds are he is not going to beat you even if wide open.

I hope JR tries that same strategy with Steph and Klay. Bum ass...

I actually think not doubling Steph would be in the best interests of Cavs. Even if you try to double him he needs almost no space to get off a shot he likes. Just a simple screen is more than enough, cause he'll just step behind it and shoot before someone can fight through it. I'd rather let him go off for 50-60 each game and just try and play solid defense on everyone else. Cause once the rest of the team gets involved, the Cavs are fucked.

I actually think not doubling Steph would be in the best interests of Cavs. Even if you try to double him he needs almost no space to get off a shot he likes. Just a simple screen is more than enough, cause he'll just step behind it and shoot before someone can fight through it. I'd rather let him go off for 50-60 each game and just try and play solid defense on everyone else. Cause once the rest of the team gets involved, the Cavs are fucked.

it's also probably in their best interests to match Irving up against Barnes defensively at first, on account of he's going to get murdered even harder defending on screens by everyone else (if that knee brace doesn't somehow fix his issues with those) than he will trying to defend on Barnes post attempts

CGh6HdBUQAAVZeb.png:large

Gigglepoo

I can see why LeBron did it even though I think Gilbert is a piece of shit. Other players have done far worse (Doc and CP3, for starters) with regards to who they willingly went to work for.

I'm glad someone else is saying this. Doc was praised last year for standing up against his racist owner, but he willingly choose to work for that racist owner. Can't have it both ways.

Brady's a convicted cheater both on and off the field. He's a winner in the same vein as Lance, Barry, and the like.

Bonds never won...

I'd like to see the GSW choke everyone on defense but LBJ. Let him score 50 every night if you can keep the other 7 players down He will:

A.> Not score 50 every night
B.> Wear down.
C.> Panic\Pout\Quit when his teammates can't come through.

LeBron's weakness is that he is a great player and he gets frustrated by the lack of greatness in others. Thats what happened last year and it will happen again if they can't come through. he came to CLE to have younger, presumably healthier great players to play with. Watch what happens if they don't turn out to be that way.

Redd

Damn, Riley has ice running in his veins. You can't do him like that. He's not worth a max but you can't pay him less than luol dang for fucks sake

That's why it was bs Wade took a cut to keep Lebron in Miami and free up some money for other players. I wouldn't of taken any cut unless I had it in writing he was staying.

That's why it was bs Wade took a cut to keep Lebron in Miami and free up some money for other players. I wouldn't of taken any cut unless I had it in writing he was staying.

Well LBJ screwed Wade on that because no way he knew LBJ was leaving. What he did was try to cover it with "You do whats best for you, cuz" knowing he was bouncing out.

Godslay

Banned
I'm glad someone else is saying this. Doc was praised last year for standing up against his racist owner, but he willingly choose to work for that racist owner. Can't have it both ways.

Bonds never won...

You know what I meant.

Broke a bunch a records, in a tainted era. Same as Tom.

Gigglepoo

There's a stark contrast between Wade's record with and without LeBron. He was phenomenal early in his career, but since winning his first championship, he's never reached the second round without LeBron carrying him. And he usually winds up missing the playoffs in the weak Eastern conference.

He was a great player but he hasn't been able to carry a team for more than a decade. If he thinks he's worthy of a raise, he's fooling himself.

Redd

Well LBJ screwed Wade on that because no way he knew LBJ was leaving. What he did was try to cover it with "You do whats best for you, cuz" knowing he was bouncing out.

And it was bs. Wade should've just kept his contracted money and let that Lebron thing work itself out. Don't get me wrong I know WHY he did it but if I was in his shoes it would be in writing or I'm keeping my money like Kobe.

Im surprised with all these Cavs picks. The only time I felt the team looked really good was when they ran the Bulls out of the gym in game 6 of that series. Apart from that its been heroic efforts from Lebron, Tristan Thompson being great and occasional scoring outbursts from JR, Shump and Delly. They havnt looked great as a "team".
Golden State has looked amazing as a team, but what does worry me is their lack of discipline at times and inexperience. That Rockets series exposed a couple of areas where their gamesmanship was lacking.
But I still pick them to win in 6. They have too many weapons.

Ape

Banned
Im surprised with all these Cavs picks. The only time I felt the team looked really good was when they ran the Bulls out of the gym in game 6 of that series. Apart from that its been heroic efforts from Lebron, Tristan Thompson being great and occasional scoring outbursts from JR, Shump and Delly. They havnt looked great as a "team".
Golden State has looked amazing as a team, but what does worry me is their lack of discipline at times and inexperience. That Rockets series exposed a couple of areas where their gamesmanship was lacking.
But I still pick them to win in 6. They have too many weapons.

don't be surprised with the cavs pics. it's a lot easier to be familiar with lebron because of all the media attention he gets vs actually watching games. Then you get silly espn articles that don't mean anything trying make it look as if the cavs have more than a chance.

I'm telling you, rational minds do not always prevail.

Spinluck

Steph is fucking scary though.

It's not like he needs that much space or time to get a shot off. He's a really good dribbler too.

Better off not doubling him.

I'm hearing these weird predictions from people who preface it by saying stuff like "you just can't bet against LeBron"....Bron is an all time great, easily top 5 when it's all said and done in terms of talent, but where are people getting this idea that he's got this invicible will to win that can overcome anything? As if LeBron-led teams have never been rolled before and haven't laid down to superior opposition? Did 2011 never happen? How about last year? 2007? How about when Boston dismantled his original Cavs team?

bionic77

I'm hearing these weird predictions from people who preface it by saying stuff like "you just can't bet against LeBron"....Bron is an all time great, easily top 5 when it's all said and done in terms of talent, but where are people getting this idea that he's got this invicible will to win that can overcome anything? As if LeBron-led teams have never been rolled before and haven't laid down to superior opposition? Did 2011 never happen? How about last year? 2007? How about when Boston dismantled his original Cavs team?
Did you see his advanced stats though?

His PER even when choking or giving up is through the roof!

Ape

Banned

Bruh, I just read an ESPN INSIDER article about peaking. Warriors are fucked.

Omega

Banned

He's got the NBA on his side though. Just think of all the money to be made out of a story about Cleveland finally winning a championship in a major sport. LeBron going back to his home after abandoning them 4 years ago

You got dudes giving a splash bro a tiger knee with no repercussions. Dellavadova gets to chop block people bc grit or some shit.

GSW isn't walking out alive if that's what it takes for this to happen.

Bruh, I just read an ESPN INSIDER article about peaking. Warriors are fucked.

I expect to not see you in this (or any other NBAGAF) thread if Cleveland wins any more than one game.

(Ditto anyone and everyone calling it for the Cavs in anything less than 6.)

People who actually get paid to be right about NBA analysis a majority of the time (not ~*ESPN insider*~) are to a man saying not to count Cleveland out... but somehow, for the third time in this thread, saying "this series isn't going to be easy" and actually basing it on any kind of actual goddamn analysis has been taken to mean "Warriors are gonna get clowned".

He's got the NBA on his side though. Just think of all the money to be made out of a story about Cleveland finally winning a championship in a major sport. LeBron going back to his home after abandoning them 4 years ago

You got dudes giving a splash bro a tiger knee with no repercussions. Dellavadova gets to chop block people bc grit or some shit.

GSW isn't walking out alive if that's what it takes for this to happen.

He had the NBA on his side last year, and in 2011, and in 2007. He had the NBA on his side when the Celtics waxed his ass.

I'm just saying, there are certain teams where you get their aura of invicibility to a certain extent, like they can just turn it on and overcome any type of deficit and you would never count them out. The Pippen Bulls were like this during their runs, particularly the 2nd 3peat. The Shaq/Kobe Lakers had this for a 2 year stretch during 01/02. Even LeBron's Heat had it for a hot minute in 2012. If I got even the slightest inkling that this Cavs team were capable of that, I might be more inclined to give them a shot in a series where they are overmatched at nearly every facet of the game, but I just haven't seen it. They are beaten up team that has beaten up on other weak beaten up teams in a weak conference.

man, one ray allen miss from being 1-4 in the finals is still crazy

I remember that game, LeBron had like 2 awful turnovers the last minute, a ton of heat offensive rebounds and Parker shot a step back 3

LeBron is sn amazing player but hes not gonna give you 50+ each game and shut down every player,
repeating myself
LeBron in game 6 against boston in the ECF was an amazing performance but the celtics beat themselves that game too, check the box score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom