• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron is fine. I'm rooting against the Cavs because of Dan Gilbert. I don't want to see that assclown win shit.
True as shit

Also wanna add some of the fake Cavs fans who were chanting"Akron hates you" in 2010 and are now slobbing his nut sack this season

Also also Dellavebooboo because he's a dirty player and a super scrub that makes Chalmers look like Russell Westbrook

Godslay

Banned
The Decision. The Promise. The HGH use. The not 5, not 6, not 7. The flopping. The whining. The acting like he's 5'5 135lbs on the court when someone touches him.

Brady just wins.

Brady's a convicted cheater both on and off the field. He's a winner in the same vein as Lance, Barry, and the like.

Lebron made some PR mistakes, big deal. He's learned from them. The other stuff is basketball as usual, aside from HGH stuff which afar as I know is speculative at best.

I think you are streching here as to how much whining, flopping, etc that he does.

:jnc @ Bam Bam playing the victim card.

LeBron is fine. I'm rooting against the Cavs because of Dan Gilbert. I don't want to see that assclown win shit.

Now this makes a lot of sense in the world, however I recall a podcast talking about NBA owners and I guess the conclusion was that the heat owners were probably the best and that the others aren't really angels in the ways they made their fortune or their personal background.

They even mentioned the background of peter holt (sp) of the spurs and how he victimized labor unions and what not. However I'm sure some are worst than others but I think we know more about the skeletons in DG's closet because of the media attention around LeBron.

So LeBron deserves criticism for going from arguably the best owners to the worst.

BadAss2961

I can see why LeBron did it even though I think Gilbert is a piece of shit. Other players have done far worse (Doc and CP3, for starters) with regards to who they willingly went to work for.
Doc I could see. He kinda used the Sterling drama to his own benefit, as if he didn't bail on one team to get in bed with that guy. CP3 just ended up there for basketball reasons though, and re-signed with a good team. I don't really blame him much.

Doc I could see. He kinda used the Sterling drama to his own benefit, as if he didn't bail on one team to get in bed with that guy. CP3 just ended up there for basketball reasons though, and re-signed with a good team. I don't really blame him much.

CP3 resigned there when it wasn't really all that secret how much of a scumbag Sterling was. He also was president of the players association, which comes with more responsibility IMO. Then he tried to act all appalled and disgusted when the phone recordings leaked.

We're giving CP3 and Doc the benefit of the doubt on Sterling? It wasn't a secret how big of a racist scumbag he was.

Hating on Lebron is mostly about his clownish behavior on, and off, the court. It's also about how he talks a big game but only beat 50+ win teams 7 times and has a 2-3 finals record.

While that stat makes a good ESPN graphic in reality it's pretty stupid, LeBron can't control who he plays against. Michael Jordan probably could though.

BadAss2961

CP3 resigned there when it wasn't really all that secret how much of a scumbag Sterling was. He also was president of the players association, which comes with more responsibility IMO. Then he tried to act all appalled and disgusted when the phone recordings leaked.
Sterling's had that dirt for a long time. Doc willingly came over there.

Again, I can't really blame CP3 since he was traded there. And if he liked the team, and was gonna get paid, it would be unfair to him to have to leave because of the owner.

Hating on Lebron is mostly about his clownish behavior on, and off, the court. It's also about how he talks a big game but only beat 50+ win teams 7 times and has a 2-3 finals record.

I agree with the last part (his PR team with Maverick Shithead as the leader is mostly to blame tho) but I really don't think his "clownish" behavior isn't any worse than any other NBA player not Tim Duncan.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Why do Lebron haters keep mentioning the 50 win teams he's beaten? It's a dumb as hell argument, like he has any control over who he plays against. lol

Is it his fault that the West has far more talent than the East? Teams are just better. The Warriors are by far a better team than this Cavs bunch, it's not even close.

Why do Lebron haters keep mentioning the 50 win teams he's beaten? It's a dumb as hell argument, like he has any control over who he plays against. lol

Is it his fault that the West has far more talent than the East? Teams are just better. The Warriors are by far a better team than this Cavs bunch, it's not even close.

LeBron's a real bitch for not playing the '85 Chicago Bears in their prime.

Sterling's had that dirt for a long time. Doc willingly came over there.

Again, I can't really blame CP3 since he was traded there. And if he liked the team, and was gonna get paid, it would be unfair to him to have to leave because of the owner.

So basically his principles were for sale?

Just a reminder of the fugaziness coming out of Cleveland for the last 4 years

CGWgRP4UYAAJsJQ.jpg

BadAss2961

So basically his principles were for sale?
It's questionable, but understandable why he'd end up staying. I'd say more so than LeBron going back to Gilbert, who shat on him personally and publicly.

That reminds me... On the Sterling thing, LeBron made some questionable decisions of his own on that front. He was one of the leaders of the oust Sterling bandwagon (rightfully.) But in 2010 during that whole Decision circus, who was one of the teams he entertained? The Clippers... One could say he was just fucking with them since he was always going to Miami anyway. But he had nothing bad to say about Sterling back then.

It's questionable, but understandable why he'd end up staying. I'd say more so than LeBron going back to Gilbert, who shat on him personally and publicly.

That reminds me... On the Sterling thing, LeBron made some questionable decisions of his own on that front. He was one of the leaders of the oust Sterling bandwagon (rightfully.) But in 2010 during that whole Decision circus, who was one of the teams he entertained? The Clippers... One could say he was just fucking with them since he was always going to Miami anyway. But he had nothing bad to say about Sterling back then.

The entire league, from owners to coaches to players had a dirty relationship. It's not like the uncovering of those racist phone calls were a surprise to anyone. Everyone knew exactly what kind of person he was they were just hoping it would stay as quiet as possible. To me a guy like CP3 or even Bron with how vocal he was, were just as opportunistic as Doc was with the whole deal. You knew exactly who you were getting in bed with now all of a sudden you want to turn your jerseys inside out? FOH. I would have had a ton more respect for a player or coach if they had publicly refused to play for Sterling prior to all the shit hitting the fan, since there was ample reason to even before then.

I don't know how this thread turned into a Donald Sterling discussion but I agree with Ninja. The idea that those players were angry to the point of considering a boycott when those tapes came out but seemingly didn't give a shit about Sterlings far worse housing discrimination practices seems either ignorant or opportunistic.

Didn't Strahan's ex wife "leak" rumors of him being gay when they were going through their messy divorce? I choose not to entertain rumors after a divorce. <shrugs>

Wade's ex allegations of getting STDs from him I can believe (it's a well known rumor in Miami that he has sex parties all the time)

dream

My man, I watch Live with Kelly and Michael every day, and Strahan does and says some questionable shit every morning.

The entire league, from owners to coaches to players had a dirty relationship. It's not like the uncovering of those racist phone calls were a surprise to anyone. Everyone knew exactly what kind of person he was they were just hoping it would stay as quiet as possible. To me a guy like CP3 or even Bron with how vocal he was, were just as opportunistic as Doc was with the whole deal. You knew exactly who you were getting in bed with now all of a sudden you want to turn your jerseys inside out? FOH. I would have had a ton more respect for a player or coach if they had publicly refused to play for Sterling prior to all the shit hitting the fan, since there was ample reason to even before then.

There are only 30 NBA Teams with about 16 teams that are competitive enough to compete for a ring every year.

The Clippers being in a bigger market means more money for CP3 and Doc. It means better amenities and easier travel.

I can imagine the league and a good chunk of coaches and players being crooked as hell and hypocritical when it is convenient.

Bron being hypercompetitve and oppotunistic is par for the course.

Spinluck

I love how most of the recent NFL-GAF regulars commenting here are fine with shit talking guys like Brady and whatnot in the same manner, but all of a sudden it's an issue when it's Lebron in the NBA thread. What is it about the NBA threads that get people more uppity than other sports threads?

It's all in good fun.

Also Lebron is not a cheater, not the best comparison.

Pats fans are basically used to the parody at this point. They aren't getting banned over arguments that reach the heights of Jordan/Lebron. Unless it's in OT.

Spinluck

Uhhhh, the conversation you jumped into with your reply was originally about Jordan. If you weren't following it from the start, you'd have to follow the reply quotes back a bit.

Ok? Lol.

I didn't mention him and was responding to that particular post.

They can go on and keep talking about Jordan vs Lebron but I was just discussing last years finals. Not sure what else to tell you, I really don't care who people think is better.

Spinluck

Wade's ex allegations of getting STDs from him I can believe (it's a well known rumor in Miami that he has sex parties all the time)

U wot?

Wade pls.

I don't get how things like this don't blow up (assuming it's true). But since Miami and other parts of Florida are really big on this sex party stuff I guess it wouldn't be too surprising.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
True as shit

Also wanna add some of the fake Cavs fans who were chanting"Akron hates you" in 2010 and are now slobbing his nut sack this season

Also also Dellavebooboo because he's a dirty player and a super scrub that makes Chalmers look like Russell Westbrook

Yet you got for wade, one of the dirtiest players in the league.

that glass house of calling out other team's players for dirtiness when your second best player has been fined over a million dollars for being dirty as all hell.

Lmao at Dwayne Wade's situation. Let that be a lesson next time someone says "so and so should take less money and be loyal!" The Spurs and Duncan should be the exception, not the rule.

Lmao at Dwayne Wade's situation. Let that be a lesson next time someone says "so and so should take less money and be loyal!" The Spurs and Duncan should be the exception, not the rule.
It's a tough situation. He wants to be made whole because he's done a ton for the team but the heat don't want that Kobe kiss of death contract that makes the team uncompetitve for half a decade. I can see them giving wade a 4 year contract that's incredibly front loaded on the first year to allow them to give wade a fat check but not have the remaining years of the contract be a financial noose and not allow the team to compete.

Fjordson

Lowe is great. Love his description of Tristan Thompson / Cavs' offensive rebounding.

The Cavs, meanwhile, are punking fools on the offensive glass. They are like a horror movie villain beating down a barricaded door; you can hold them off for only so long. Thompson has humiliated everyone in his path, sometimes literally tossing victims aside to claim his territory.

Definitely a little worried about TT wreaking havoc.

edit: holy fuck, didn't know Lebron was shooting so badly in the playoffs. 17% from deep! Guess that will be the strategy on him to open the series.

bionic77

It would be cool to see the LeBron redemption and Cleveland win something.

I am more against JR winning a title than Dan Gilbert. JR is one of if not the biggest punk in the league. It would suck to him rewarded for being such a bitch ass bum for the past decade.

bionic77

Lowe is great. Love his description of Tristan Thompson / Cavs' offensive rebounding.

Definitely a little worried about TT wreaking havoc.

edit: holy fuck, didn't know Lebron was shooting so badly in the playoffs. 17% from deep! Guess that will be the strategy on him to open the series.
Pop did really well with that strategy in 3 series with Lebron.

Live with wide open jumpers. Like I can't fucking believe I am this wide open jumpers. Don't let him live in the paint and get the rest of his team involved. Odds are he is not going to beat you even if wide open.

I hope JR tries that same strategy with Steph and Klay. Bum ass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom