• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Spurs, I wish you well in your pursuit of my team's big man, LMA. I wouldn't even be mad. He'd play better on your team anyways.

I'm sure they will. Wouldn't you if your team got eliminated in that fashion? Kinda messed up it happened like that, but that can't blame it solely on that of course.

Yeah but they had another timeout, so Pop could have come up with another play. To be honest, they only had 1 second, so it would have taken a miracle anyway.

Maybe it's karma for the broken ac in San Antonio :p

Congrats Clipper fans, your team grinded it out and deserved the W. As much as I love my team, they just didn't have it this year. They gave up way too many opportunities, and it came back to haunt them. Hopefully the Clips go all the way.

Ginobili looks shot. He didn't even play overseas last summer. It's not just his speed, his shot is going away too.

Duncan could play at a high level another year if he wanted to. I think he does.

Yeah, Ginobli has been looking well done for awhile. Should just hang it up.

dream

Congrats Clipper fans, your team grinded it out and deserved the W. As much as I love my team, they just didn't have it this year. They gave up way too many opportunities, and it came back to haunt them. Hopefully the Clips go all the way.

Thank you.

I feel like I'm one of the only rockets fans who actually wanted the Rockets to face the Clippers instead of the Spurs. Everyone keeps saying Rockets are fucked, but the clippers have no bench and we went 2-2 with them this season. Versus 1-3 on the spurs.

I'm with you. Just didn't want to jinx it before their game ended.

This is the one thing that makes me mad about this, though. Still have to deal with this one note from detractors for the validity of the Spurs.

If anything, its a good thing. Because even though the spurs never repeated, they still won five championships over 16 years. And had 50 game seasons in all of them. That's some remarkable consistency.

Dynomutt

Yeah just saw the replay with shaq, kenny, ernie, and charles. That shot was not lucky it was smart technique. It was a push off and it works every time. Create space with a little jab step movement, nudge, and shoot. Great play by CP3.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Spurs were just demoralizing teams in the playoffs last year with their ball movement. They weren't the same this year, but I'm sure some of that was the Clips energy.

jman2050

I felt Parker would have given the Spurs a big enough cushion when they were already up 3 and he was fast breaking 1on1 and missed that gimmie.

This was the swing play right here. Parker had the easiest layup of the game to go up 5 with two minutes left and blew it.

CSX

My god what a game. I rather have my Rockets play Spurs but nevertheless should be one fun 2nd round. If only we still had Beverely and Mobtejunas to back us up.

Vestal

So looking at who is left, in all honesty the only team with actual championship experience are the Cleveland Heat.. LBJ, Miller, Jones are the only remaining players with a Ring in these playoffs. (woops forgot Truth hehehe)

Pretty insane that the last team left to win an NBA Title are the Bulls 17 years ago. Hell only 3 teams left have been to the finals in the last 35 years, 2 of them have won(Houston/Bulls). None of the teams left have ever squared off in the Finals either.

Food for thought.

Felt like they peaked about 2 weeks too soon.. They were playing lights out the last month of the season.

Clips had about a similar win streak going and look how they managed to keep the energy. Problem is the Spurs finally looked old. The irony being that Duncan was still keeping them in so many games. Parker did not look right, Ginobli is so ready for retirement, Green absolutely has not shown up, and Splitter was not healthy. It just wasn't meant to be.

It felt inevitable this series but still really sucks. They're literally as evenly matched as teams can be, a bounce here or there is the only difference. I love Manu and Parker but I never want to see them play basketball for the Spurs again. Too old, too broken down at this point. Add Splitter to that list too but he's just not that good. Duncan can stay forever.

It's impossible to like this Clippers team. They are a huge group of whiners from top to bottom. That was a great game though!

As a Clips fan this is true. They whine on way too many plays. It's worse because it actually takes them out of games, prevents them from getting back on defense, and wins them no points with refs.

That said this years team is giving so much energy compared to previous years. Spurs literally played smart Spurs basketball and made the right play and put themselves in the best position but somehow lost to this Clips team. It's equally amazing and frustrating to watch.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It felt inevitable this series but still really sucks. They're literally as evenly matched as teams can be, a bounce here or there is the only difference. I love Manu and Parker but I never want to see them play basketball for the Spurs again. Too old, too broken down at this point. Add Splitter to that list too but he's just not that good. Duncan can stay forever.
This just in: the Spurs NEED Parker.

Two Words

okay it's funny hearing Doc talk about how this was a clean honest series that ended on a flop and a bogus job by the clock manager.

Cipherr

TP9YSQz.png
Peace Spurs. Won't be missed. Muuuuuuuuuuuch rather see the Clips in another series than these guys.

dream

Funny thing is, I ain't even mad about the Clips winning. I know a lot of people on this board seem to hate them, but I never have.

I think the Spurs fans (and I'm thinking mostly about you and schwagger15) are the only ones who aren't mad about it. You both knew it was a pickem series even when everyone else was digging a grave for the Clips.

jobber is probably so sad right now though.

This just in: the Spurs NEED Parker.

The Spurs don't need anybody. Especially not an obviously more broken down Parker who's on a 3 year decline. The things that made him great he can't do anymore. There's a reason his free throw attempts are significantly down while his 3 point attempts are up YOY. Infact every single thing is down. A year older isn't going to make him better.

I think the Spurs fans (and I'm thinking mostly about you and schwagger15) are the only ones who aren't mad about it. You both knew it was a pickem series even when everyone else was digging a grave for the Clips.

jobber is probably so sad right now though.
Yeah, everyone was a little quick to dismiss the Clips. The way this series was going and the way the Spurs team has looked throughout the season I knew not to count out the Clips. They played hungry. I hope they take out Houston.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The Spurs don't need anybody. Especially not an obviously more broken down Parker who's on a 3 year decline. The things that made him great he can't do anymore. There's a reason his free throw attempts are significantly down while his 3 point attempts are up YOY. Infact every single thing is down. A year older isn't going to make him better.
He shot more 3's last playoffs. This series? Like 2 of them. He'll be fine. They'll need him. The sky isn't close to falling yet.

He was great in the Finals last year. In fact, he might have gotten the MVP, if Kawhi had not shut down Lebron.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So looking at who is left, in all honesty the only team with actual championship experience are the Cleveland Heat.. LBJ, Miller, Jones are the only remaining players with a Ring in these playoffs. (woops forgot Truth hehehe)

Pretty insane that the last team left to win an NBA Title are the Bulls 17 years ago. Hell only 3 teams left have been to the finals in the last 35 years, 2 of them have won(Houston/Bulls). None of the teams left have ever squared off in the Finals either.

Food for thought.
What? Bulls, Hawks, Wizards, Rockets and Warriors have all won titles before.

Also the Warriors and Wizards have faced each other twice already.

Top Bottom